About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
ENJOY A FRIPPCATION AT THE 'HIDDEN TREASURE' !
Please note that our price includes the use of our 4 seater electric golf cart. Resort guest cards (amenities cards) are not supplied in the price, but they can be purchased through us.
We purchased this home in 2010 and completely modernized it to make it just like new. Savor all of our new features: kitchen, bathrooms, windows, floors, huge screened porch, garage, and exterior siding. We continue to do improvements each year to ensure that our home remains in top quality.
Escape to a secluded “Hidden Treasure” located among palm and oak trees with 165’ of Blue Heron lakefront property. Blue Heron Lake inspired our former next door neighbor Pat Conroy, author of "The Prince of Tides" and "The Great Santini". Feel the privacy of our huge, wooded lot, watching herons, osprey and deer feeding as the sun sets over the lake. It’s the ideal hideaway with plenty of room to accommodate one or two families.
Unwind in our remodeled 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home (sleeps 10-12). A welcoming two-story entrance entryway leads into the vaulted ceiling great room with a fireplace. You will savor preparing your favorite meals in our gourmet kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Or if you prefer, grille outdoors on a Weber gas grille. The eat-in kitchen has a sizable 10 foot island. Savor the low country flavors in our dining room overlooking Blue Heron Lake or relax outdoors in our new 16’*16’ screened porch or roomy outdoor, lakeside patio.
The main level has three bedrooms including a master suite overlooking the lake. The main level master suite has a king size bed and refreshed private bathroom. The other two bedrooms share an updated hallway bathroom, one with two twin beds, the other with one full bed and a bunk bed.
Upstairs is a enormous master suite with a king size bed, sitting area with futon couch (full size) and a private full bathroom with double vanity and walk-in shower.
The home has been equipped with all new electronics including a wireless router and printer for your laptop. A large flat screen TV with internet is in the family room as well as TV’s and DVD players in each bedroom. The home and porch have a speaker system.
Fripp Island accepts you to finally slow down and relax. It is a private, gated island where the main mode of transportation is golf carts. Cruise the island in our golf cart and appreciate the many things that Fripp has to offer!
* Build sandcastles on the beach. Fripp Island has over 3 1/2 miles of pristine, uncrowded beaches. Our home is a 4 block golf cart ride from the beach with convenient access points and available cart parking.
* Swim at one of the five pools on the island including one adult only pool. Kiddies will appreciate one of the three infant pools especially the one with the frog slide.
* Appreciate a round of golf at either of the two Championship golf courses - the George W. Cobb Ocean Point course which overlooks the ocean or Davis Appreciate III Ocean Creek course which received 4 1/2 stars from Golf Digest.
* Kids can try out their golf at the special Wee Links course designed especially for them.
* Play tennis on eight soft Fast-Dry courts and two hard surface courts at the Racquet Club.
* Explore the island's wildlife from deer, alligators, ospreys to an array of handsome foliage and flowers
* Take crabbing lessons with the family and then come home to prepare the catch.
* Join the golf cart scavenger hunt or one of the many offering at the Activity Center.
* Sip a drink at the outdoor Sand Bar while watching the waves crash the shore, or play a game of ping pong or pool at the freshly updated Ocean View Sports Bar
* Enjoy dinner overlooking the marsh at the Bonita Boathouse or one of the four other eateries on the island.
If you feel like being a little more adventurous, you can discover the historic towns of Beaufort (20 mins), Savannah (75 mins), or Charleston (120 mins).
We have a property manager that lives on the island for prompt attention of any problem.
We adore Fripp and hope you will too!
Keywords: Beach, House, Renovated, Fripp Island, Rental
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this vacation home is in Blue Heron Lake, a neighborhood in Saint Helena Island. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Jet skiing, kayaking, and motor boating offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation home experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- Book your Beaufort, SC vacation in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers typically offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many management companies supply Beaufort, SC area travel guides which often include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Filter your search:
- Choose vacation dates and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Renovated Home with Beautiful View of Blue Heron Lake has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property owner before you reserve the home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or charges applied to your invoice.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
More tips for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of problems.
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Keep your property safe!
- During arrival, document any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a fantastic resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.5 miles