About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1600 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This impressive three bedroom, two and a half bath golf course home overlooks the sixteenth fairway and green of one of two golf courses on this 6000 acre private island off the coast of Beaufort, SC. Fourteen years ago we purchased the home and completely remodeled and redecorated it with new carpeting, paint, furnishings, appliances ,kitchen items and linens. We visit it often, and every year we continue to improve it for you and for us to savor. Recently, we removed the carpeting and installed wood floors in the entire home except the bedrooms. We completely modernized the master bath area. It is now tiled with a walk in shower, a new vanity, mirrors, lighting, etc. This past year we tore out the old, cracked and buckled asphalt driveway and installed pavers for the driveway and walkway. Hurricane Matthew completely destroyed the garden in our courtyard, so we have replanted it with some new and interesting plantings and we also installed a jerry-rigged automatic sprinkling system to assure that the garden gets adequate moisture during these first few months.
**** AMENITY CARDS*****
Because we are Fripp Island Club members, our guests can appreciate the fine recreational facilities and programs available on Fripp Island. Privately owned, with access restricted to preserve the high standards you expect, the Fripp Island sports and dining amenities are designed to provide unparalleled satisfaction. You may purchase up to six luxury cards. Each card is $50 per week from Memorial Day to Labor Day or $35 during the off season.
**** GOLF CART ****
Most of our guests want to have a golf cart available. Some do not. We make a four passenger golf cart available to those who want it for an additional fee of $300 per week which is substantially less than is charged by the resort for a similar cart. ****************************************
**** WiFi and HDTV ****
We have installed wifi and an HDTV for the living room. The master bedroom has an additional HDTV. The TVs are connected to Comcast/XFinity with HBO and Showtime and numerous other premium networks.
Two of the bedrooms have queen size beds, and the third has two twins. Although we have tried to think of everything to make your stay more fun, we welcome any suggestions you may have to make your next stay with us more enchanting.
Fripp Island is a private gated island off the coast of one of South Carolina’s most historic cities. The island features two championship golf courses, a tennis center, a beach club, many swimming pools with adjacent poolside bars, a marina, multiple eateries, generous wildlife, woods, marsh boardwalks and miles and miles of walkable beaches and nature trails. Included with your rental is the right of access to all of Fripp’s natural wonders.
The home has 1550 square feet of room plus a comfortably sized deck. The kitchen is sizable enough for more than one person to work in comfortably and has a modest breakfast nook. The living room and the master bedroom have ten foot cathedral ceilings.
Sitting on the deck, you may watch golfers or white tail deer work their way along the championship course, wave to Al, one of the alligators who resides in the lagoon across the fairway and occasionally look off to your left for a glimpse of the ocean at the inlet between Fripp Island and the neighboring Hunting Island. The ocean inlet is roughly 400 yards away. The nearest beach is a leisurely walk of about 800 yards.
Our home is filled with light and features casual, comfortable furnishings, beach books and inviting spots for reading, and jigsaw puzzles. The living area's enormous, open floor plan accepts the cooks among you to prepare a meal without missing the card game at the dining room table or the conversation in the living room.
Conveniences: When you arrive, you'll find the beds all made up for you with towels and toiletries in each bathroom. Not your basic rental. Our home is a home-away-from home with a huge well-equipped kitchen, with three TVs. The one in the living room is HD. with a VCR and a DVD player. The home also features wifi, a fireplace, air conditioning, cable T.V., coffee maker, huge comfortable deck, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, full kitchen, microwave, phone with complimentary calling throughout North America, two bicycles and a large charcoal kettle grille for grilling out.
A POST SCRIPT: Choosing a vacation home sight-unseen is always a challenge. We know because we did it too, every summer for 30 years. But more and more we kept coming back to Fripp Island. It suited our life style. Our goal is to help you decide if our home is right for you. So please don't hesitate to ask questions.
This is not a holiday home but a home filled with adore and feelings that it belongs to someone. We have stayed at many places in the USA, but this is the best. A great vacation. Perhaps our home will be right for you.
We wish we could extend our invitation to your family family pets, we appreciate our pets and always wanted to take ours along. But we have put a lot of work, appreciate and money into making our home inviting and comfortable for us and our guests and we are concerned that ordinarily well mannered pets get nervous in new surroundings and accidents happen. So we have to ask that you not bring your pets. We also insist that you not smoke in our home.
Keywords: House, Island home
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is next to a golf course. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Beaufort, SC vacation rental tips:
When to visit Fripp Island & When to book:
- To get the best value, consider changing your vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer pleasant temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel guides which include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and choose the right Beaufort, SC rental home:
- Select a group lead, choose your dates, and select a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Golf Course Home: 3BR 2 1/2 Bath, Hdtv, Wifi has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed types is commonly available on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the host before reserving the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or might be applied to your agreement.
Some things to know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your family's visit, make note of any problem areas upon check in. Make contact with the host right away to relay any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let crooks ruin your holiday.
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to make sure you didn't forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the host isn't available, remember to take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many rental managers make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.1 miles