- As low as $389/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Table tennis
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near the sea
- Next to a golf course
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Sleeps 9
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 2200 sq ft (204 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2200 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
EMBRACE the nostalgia of yesterdays as we delight in sharing our acquired beach bungalow. This home has never been a rental in the past. It was a cherished home for 20 years to a enchanting owner. It would take too long to share how this purchase took place during a pandemic but it was a Godwink moment.
This gated community is Fripp Island & we have traveled here off & on since 1996. Once you get Fripp between your toes it is hard to shake it off. The allure is hard to describe adequately. It is family friendly with the natural wildlife sharing the space simultaneously and our bungalow is located in a peaceful and striking piece of this island.
The calming air immerses you on the back deck as the roar of the sea can often times be heard in the distance. Birds chirp their songs as they state they are close by. And an occasional alligator can be seen guarding the lagoon. Golfers come & go on the visible green giving an occasional wave as they concentrate on their strokes. This is our Island Psalms Cottage.
Island Psalms is located 3 rows of homes from the beach but only 2 streets over. So only a 1/4 of a mile from our favorite go to beach entry 1B. We are located on the 6th green of the Ocean Point Golf course. The view is phenomenal and can be rather entertaining. Finding balls in the back yard is like a yearlong Easter egg hunt. We also have a view of the lagoon which is home to numerous alligators & other wildlife habitats. The island is a natural wildlife sanctuary so any feeding or tantalizing the inhabitants is prohibited.
Our bungalow has shaker siding which gives it an upper New England feel with a low country flair. We have 17 steps to the main door, (FYI) to a one level of living space. Coming into the entry is welcoming to enter and see through the big picture windows to view straight out to the golf course. The bungalow will sleep 9 people in beds. We have added Austin Air filters which are made in USA to our bungalow to help with virus control. Recently installed solid wood floor has been added to all the bedrooms Fall of 2022. This is much better for any allergies.
The Master bedroom has a queen size bed, in suite bathroom and ample closet space. The bathroom has double sinks, with a private potty room & tub/shower combination. The pocket door in the sink room opens up to a sleeping porch with a day bed & pull out trundle. It also has a kid’s table & chairs with games. The T.V. in that room is connected to a blue ray DVD player. This room has tons of windows to savor the view, but curtains can be drawn for privacy.
The family room has vaulted ceilings with a enormous T.V., books and games. This room opens to freshly revitalized deck for your enjoyment. Be considerate with the noise as the golfers do their putting. For your enjoyment, the roar of the ocean can often be heard as you appreciate the deck.
During our ownership, a brand NEW HVAC was installed. The well supplied kitchen has had all NEW appliances installed except the dishwasher since ownership. We have a Whirlpool refrigerator, Kitchenaid microwave over oven, & a Frigidaire induction cooktop. The correct cookware is included but feel complimentary to bring your own, just know induction has special requirements. Adequate space is supplied to store your food. A full size washer & dryer is also supplied with start up washing supplies.
Around the corner is 2 more bedrooms and a bath. A twin bed is in a smaller room with a kid’s desk for remote learning and the printer. Wi-Fi is supplied.
The front bedroom has a king bed and a work station for more remote working or learning. The back bedroom has a queen bed with a view of the golf course. There is a Pack n’ Play, high chair & booster seat stored in this closet for the little ones. The hall bath has a tub/shower combination and linen closet with beach towels supplied.
At the end of this hall is the steps to the ground level. Several outdoor games, beach chairs, rolling cart, & beach umbrellas are stored here for your convenience. In the open space are 6 cruiser bicycles, water rafts & a modest kayak for your enjoyment. An umbrella stroller is also available for the evening walks. Also in this area is a ping pong table for those competitive spirits. Corn hole & a ring toss game can be taken into the yard for enjoyment. A tandem double garage is included in this space. Going out to the back yard from this area is a gas Char-Broil Grille under the back deck on its newly constructed platform for that Grille Master that you brought along.
Island Psalms Cottage offers amenities cards for access to the Fripp Island Resort resources (pools, eateries, golf, tennis, and other resort activities). Due to the new resort owners, an 12.8% of the total rent resort fee will be charged in addition to cost of the individual cards. All property owners now collect this Resort Fee. Amenity cards are required for anyone 13 years and older to access these activities. **** Please let us know if you want the cards and how many so we can add these to your quote. Otherwise, they are not available for purchase.
We also offer a 6 seater golf cart for rent at $60.00 a day unless the rental is a week long stay & then the golf cart is included. (If you want to add these to your stay, contact us.)
Mangos, a boutique, & the SpringTide Market are open to all guest. If fresh seafood is your quest, there is a modest market this side of the new bridge, MainLine, that has about all you can prepare. Publix & Walmart are both on the way to the island, if you want to stock up on groceries.
The tranquility you feel & the psalms you hear as you relax from the pressures of life will surely explain the message of Island Psalms Cottage.
Book your respite soon.
Weekly Saturday to Saturday rental prices available.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is next to a golf course and by the sea. Penn Center and Red Piano Too Gallery are cultural highlights, while Hunting Island Lighthouse is a local landmark. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Fripp Island rental booking tips and tricks:
Get the most from your budget:
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Summer time is high season in the Beaufort, SC area. Book your Beaufort, SC rental home in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites often offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Often, property management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your search:
- Start by selecting trip dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. WELCOME HOME! A serene cottage with (Golf Cart and Amenity Cards). has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is almost always available on booking pages. Otherwise, email the property management company before booking the vacation property. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out what configuration is optimal for your trip.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask your host about pets before booking.
- Visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More tips for your stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many concerns.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Upon check-out, take a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever possible. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great feedback to propel more reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.6 miles
Ready to book WELCOME HOME! A serene cottage with (Golf Cart and Amenity Cards).?Book Online Get Information Call: