About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2200 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
EMBRACE the nostalgia of yesterdays as we delight in sharing our newly acquired beach bungalow. This home has never been a rental. It was a cherished home for 20 years to a enchanting owner. It would take too long to share how this purchase took place during a pandemic but it was a Godwink moment.
This gated community is Fripp Island & we have traveled here off & on since 1996. Once you get Fripp between your toes it is hard to shake it off. The allure is hard to describe adequately. It is family friendly with the natural wildlife sharing the space simultaneously and our bungalow is located in a peaceful and gorgeous piece of this island.
The relaxing air immerses you on the back deck as the roar of the sea can often times be heard in the distance. Birds chirp their songs as they state they are close by. And an occasional alligator can be seen guarding the lagoon. Golfers come & go on the visible green giving an occasional wave as they concentrate on their strokes. This is our Island Psalms Cottage.
Island Psalms is located 3 rows of homes from the beach but only 2 streets over. So only a 1/4 of a mile from our favorite go to beach entry 1B. We are located on the 6th green of the Ocean Point Golf course. The view is phenomenal and can be rather entertaining. Finding balls in the back yard is like a yearlong Easter egg hunt. We also have a view of the lagoon which is home to numerous alligators & other wildlife habitats. The island is a natural wildlife sanctuary so any feeding or tantalizing the inhabitants is prohibited.
Our bungalow has shaker siding which gives it an upper New England feel with a low country flair. We have 17 steps to the main door, (FYI) to a one level of living space. Coming into the entry is welcoming to enter and see through the big picture windows to view straight out to the golf course. The bungalow will sleep 9 people in beds. We have added Austin Air filters which are made in USA to our bungalow to help with virus control.
The Master bedroom has a queen size bed, in suite bathroom and ample closet space. The bathroom has double sinks, with a private potty room & tub/shower combination. The pocket door in the sink room opens up to a sleeping porch with a day bed & pull out trundle. It also has a kid’s table & chairs with games. The T.V. in that room is connected to a blue ray DVD player. This room has tons of windows to appreciate the view, but curtains can be drawn for privacy.
The family room has vaulted ceilings with a enormous T.V., books and games. This room opens to freshly revitalized deck for your enjoyment. Be considerate with the noise as the golfers do their putting. For your enjoyment, the roar of the ocean can often be heard as you savor the deck.
A brand NEW HVAC has been installed this year. The well supplied kitchen has had all NEW appliances installed except the dishwasher since ownership. We have a Whirlpool refrigerator, Kitchenaid microwave over oven, & a Frigidaire induction cooktop. The correct cookware is included but feel complimentary to bring your own, just know induction has special requirements. Adequate space is supplied to store your food. A full size washer & dryer is also supplied with start up washing supplies.
Around the corner is 3 more bedrooms and a bath. In the smaller room is a twin bed with a kid’s desk for remote learning. Wi-Fi is supplied.
The front bedroom has a king bed and a work station for more remote working or learning.
The back bedroom has a queen bed with a view of the golf course. There is a Pack n’ Play, high chair & booster seat stored in this closet for the little ones. The hall bath has a tub/shower combination and linen closet with beach towels included.
At the end of this hall is the steps to the ground level. Several outdoor games, beach chairs, rolling cart, & beach umbrellas are stored here for your convenience. In the open space are 6 cruiser bicycles, water rafts & a modest kayak for your enjoyment. An umbrella stroller is also available for the evening walks. Also in this area is a ping pong table for those competitive spirits. Corn hole & a ring toss game can be taken into the yard for enjoyment. A tandem double garage is included in this space. Going out to the back yard from this area is a gas Char-Broil Grille under the back deck on it’s freshly constructed platform for that Grille Master that you brought along.
We do offer luxury cards with this rental for $50.00 each which means all the pools & eateries are available on the island. We also offer a 6 seater golf cart for rent at $50.00 a day starting 9/20/2021 unless the rental is a week long stay & then the golf cart is supplied. (If you want to add these to your stay, contact us.) Mangos, a boutique, & the SpringTide Market are open to all guest. If fresh seafood is your quest, there is a modest market this side of the new bridge, MainLine, that has about all you can prepare. Publix & Walmart are both on the way to the island, if you want to stock up on groceries.
The tranquility you feel & the psalms you hear as you relax from the pressures of life will surely explain the message of Island Psalms Cottage.
Book your respite soon.
Weekly Saturday to Saturday rental prices available.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is next to a golf course and by the sea. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect rental experience:
How to get the best value:
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your vacation home 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- To book the best rental within budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines have deals for local shops and restaurants.
Selecting and booking your prefect Beaufort, SC rental:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. WELCOME HOME! A serene cottage with (Golf Cart and Amenity Cards). has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available on booking pages. If not, email or call the property management company before booking your home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or could be applied to your agreement.
- If there's an individual Beaufort, SC destination you crave, keep an eye out for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
Considerations for your stay:
- Be sure you get the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental while you're out and about. Protect your property!
- Record any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if there is a dispute.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the host isn't available, remember to take photos of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a wonderful stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property management company was great, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.6 miles