- As low as $411/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- DVD player
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Computer monitor
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Next to a golf course
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water tubing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to Steel Magnolia (f/k/a The Southern Belle II), a premier opulent vacation beach rental home at Fripp Island. I purchased the home in September of 2018 and spent the first few months of ownership making upgrades and personal touches. This home has a long & successful rental history with many happy renters under the previous owner. The Steel Magnolia is our family's "Happy Place!" We look forward to creating countless memories here for generations to come. Therefore, we take great pride in our home and are so excited to share it with your family. Our comfortable home will be ideal for your families’ Fripp vacation. We are confident that you will make memories that last a lifetime.
The home was designed and furnished by the leading home designers in Beaufort. As you approach our 5 Bedroom 4.5 Bath home that sleeps 12, you will be charmed by this handsome impressive Southern Home with its gracious and inviting front porch with Charleston-style columns and rockers that leads you into the front entry of this grandiose home. Once you step into our home, the vistas and nature surround you. Your breath will be taken away!
Our home has been designed to make your stay both pleasurable and cozy as possible. It is our enjoyment to provide you a great opportunity to relax with your appreciated ones and to treasure the experience.
The first level of Steel Magnolia provides 2 master bedrooms. The first master bedroom offers a King-size Bedroom overlooking the golf course and ponds with an ocean view setting. Waiting for you is your private luxury bathroom that includes our granite two-person walk in shower with its jetted spas. The granite vanity includes double bowl tops and old-world faucets.
On the other side of our home is the second master Queen-size bedroom with a private bath. The master bedrooms will have luxury bath robes waiting for you and your adored ones.
The home is adorned with rich wood floors and crown molding throughout the Foyer, the Great Room, and the Dining area. Our Dining area offers gorgeous vistas. You will have many great gatherings here. The Great room showcases a huge fireplace mantel as the focal point with a huge LCD TV and surround sound for movie enjoyment and great family viewing. We have also included movies for more family fun time options.
Our luxury Gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops and high end stainless steel appliances are well equipped for all the ladies and gentlemen in the home to savor. The kitchen overlooks the Great room for great family gatherings.
For continuous relaxation, the screened porch may be the best room in the home. Comfy seating, ceiling fan, patio curtains, hanging edison lights, constructed-in Bose speakers, and the beautiful scenery...heavenly! As if that weren’t enough, there’s a enormous outside deck overlooking the golf course with the ocean vistas in the background to sit and savor or do some great grilling on the propane gas Weber grille. The additional long teak outdoor dining set will be the preferred spot to appreciate a family meal.
All linens, pillows, linens, and towels will be supplied for your stay.
On the second level of Steel Magnolia you will find 3 more bedrooms. One bedroom has a Queen bed with superior vistas and a sizable private bath. Another Queen Size bedroom leads out to a private deck overlooking the golf courses, ponds, and ocean. The deck is a great place for private tanning or just reading a great book. The 3rd bedroom has 2 bunk beds that will sleep 4 and a Jack and Jill Private Bath.
We want to make sure you are in luxury comfort. Our home provides your family with convenience and leisure. We’ve outfitted the home with a golf cart and a family ping pong table that will be waiting for the family tournaments. Also enjoy our double-sized outside shower.
This is the ideal home to enjoy all that Fripp has to offer. Amenity cards are available for purchase so you and your family can have access to all that makes Fripp the ideal vacation spot! Just a fast 5 min. ride on the golf cart to enjoy the pristine beach and pools.
Come Be Our Guest!
Other Optional Charges:
Additional Guest Club Amenity Cards
*Guest Club Cards Info*
Fripp Island Club Cards give guests access to all Fripp Island Club Resort amenities. These include:
*Two 18-hole golf courses (named as a "100 Finest Golf Resorts in North America" by Links Magazine).
*Ten-court Racquet club complex with year-round Tennis on eight soft Fast-Dry courts and two hard surface courts.
*A variety of on-island stores and eateries, including the fashionable Food Court.
*Nine shining swimming pools.
*Island Excursion Units (golf carts, beach bicycles, scooters, boats, etc.).
*A full service, deep water Marina.
*And more ...
A property owner must be a Fripp Island Club member in order to offer Club Cards. Club Cards are required to access all Fripp Island Club amenities. Owners who are NOT Fripp Island Club members CANNOT offer Club Cards to their guests and therefore their guests do NOT have access to the Fripp Island Club amenities. The Fripp Island Club member symbol in a property listing only indicates that Club Cards are available for purchase from that owner, and does NOT suggest that Club Cards are supplied with a stay. Please check with the property owner and/or manager for details. Fripp Island Club Cards are required for EACH guest 13 years or older when accessing a Fripp Island Club luxury. Kids 12 and under do not need a card, but must be accompanied by an adult with a Club Guest card. All adults will be asked to show a Club Guest card when accessing a Fripp Island Club conveniences.
Fripp Island Club Cards are required for EACH guest 13 years or older when accessing a Fripp Island Club conveniences. Kids 12 and under do not need a card, but must be accompanied by an adult with a Club Guest card. All adults will be asked to show a Club Guest card when accessing a Fripp Island Club luxury.
Guest Club Card Prices
Member Unaccompanied Guest
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Seven-Day Card (4-7 days) $50/card
Three-Day Card (1-3 days) $35/card
Fall, Winter and Spring $35/$25/card
A Club Guest Card is required for each guest over the age of 12 to access Resort Facilities.
Now that you've picked the Ideal Home, start Planning your Low Country Adventure!!
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF FUN THINGS TO DO ON FRIPP ISLAND
Fripp Island Bird Watching - Top Ten Things to Do on Fripp Island
What makes Fripp Island unique among South Carolina Resorts? EVERYTHING! Check out this ultimate to-do list and find out more about Fripp Island. From day trips around the area to golfing options galore, there is really something for everybody to enjoy on your next trip to South Carolina!
Top Ten Things to Do on Fripp Island
Feel a spectacular sunset while dining with your family at the Bonito Boathouse. Savor lowcountry favorites like She Crab Soup or Shrimp & Grits while overlooking the Marina and marsh.
Watch the sunrise over the Atlantic while strolling on the beach and shelling along the way.
Climb the Hunting Island Lighthouse (all 167 steps!) for a charming view of the South Carolina coast.
Take a cruise aboard the Fripper II and go shelling, look for dolphins, learn about the waters surrounding Fripp or enjoy the sunset from the water.
Take a day trip to St. Helena where you can learn about the Gullah culture at the Penn Center, visit the Chapel of Ease or purchase a handcrafted sweetgrass basket.
Make your life’s milestones memorable when you celebrate them at Fripp Island.
Head into Beaufort where you can experience a carriage ride through the historic district, take a guided movie tour, visit one of the many art galleries or watch the river flow by from one of the many swings in Waterfront Park.
Visit the place where Marine’s are made when you attend a Friday graduation at Parris Island. Don’t miss the museum while you’re there.
Catch a double feature at the Hwy 21 Drive-In – one of very few left in the country!
Try your hand at fishing in the waters that Outdoor Life magazine called a “saltwater heaven.” Charter a fishing excursion, hit the inlet in a skiff or be a landlubber and fish Wardle’s Landing or the Bonito Bridge.
More Things to Do!
Pose for a silly picture with the alligator statue on the Beach Club lawn.
Catch a Pro Exhibition at the Racquet Club.
Play around at Ocean Point and finish both the front and back nine against a backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean.
Imagine pirates of old in Skull Inlet as you take in the view from Cabana Club while the kids discover the mist cave and frog slide.
Walk Fripp’s own Audubon Trail on Porpoise Drive.
Appreciate a beautiful photo op of the shrimp boats at Gay Fish Company.
Remember your vacation forever when you take a family beach portrait.
Go birding and find out why Fripp Island has been named an Important Bird Area. See if you can spot wood storks, egrets, herons and many more species that call Fripp home.
Not sure where to start or what might suit your group best? Contact us today we are happy to help you plan your entire Fripp Island experience. Our local knowledge will help to make your next vacation to Fripp Island Resort unforgettable! You can also view our Fripp Island map to see where beach access points are, find great shopping, and more!
Property owner is a licensed Realtor in SC & GA.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is next to a golf course and on the waterfront. Penn Center and Red Piano Too Gallery are cultural highlights, while Hunting Island Lighthouse is a local landmark. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the perfect vacation property experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. Book your rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines have deals for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- First and foremost, have your group select dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Gorgeous Oceanview Fripp Home on Golf Course! Golf Cart & 2 Amenity Cards incl. has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before reserving your rental. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- If there's a specific Beaufort, SC beach you simply love, look for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about pet restrictions before booking.
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- To make sure damages aren't attributed to your stay, record any problem areas during check in. Call the host right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can often help. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property managers rely on good reviews to drive new reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.1 miles
Ready to book Gorgeous Oceanview Fripp Home on Golf Course! Golf Cart & 2 Amenity Cards incl.?Book Online Get Information Call: