- As low as $191/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Porch or lanai
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Sand In My Boots is located in close proximity to Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island. This splendid residence offers an ideal accommodation choice for individuals attending Marine graduations, seeking a vacation getaway, or on business trips. Located a mere 17 mins. away from the depot, our location provides convenience and accessibility. For a calming beach hideaway, Hunting Island is a fast drive. Downtown you can discover enchanting stores and savor delectable dining experiences. Golf courses near by with the closest one being only 3 mins. away.
Your upcoming stay in Lady's Island is sure to be a delightful experience. The property features a private and secure entry with a intelligent keypad lock, and a 4-car driveway for your convenience. The charmingly furnished living room with high vaulted ceilings creates an inviting and open ambiance, ideal for your relaxation. Additionally, a serene pond located across the street provides a photogenic setting for morning and evening walks, making this property the ideal recipe for rest and relaxation.
We are pleased to provide you with a beach access pass to Hunting Island State Park and amenities for the beach, which will undoubtedly enhance your stay. Please note that the pass is located in the master bedroom, in the black binder. We kindly request that you return the pass to the same location before departing, to avoid a replacement fee of $150.
Our master suite is designed to provide you with a cavernous and comfortable getaway. It features a king-size bed, two nightstands with touch lamps, a 55-inch intelligent TV, a ceiling fan, his and her walk-in closets, and a desk for your convenience. Additionally, you will have exclusive access to a private en suite bathroom, which includes a double sink, closet, deep soaker bathtub, and walk-in shower.
The second and third bedrooms are ideal for a good nighttime's sleep. Each room has a comfortable queen size memory foam bed, two nightstands with touch lamps, their own closet, and a ceiling fan controlled by a remote. You'll appreciate a relaxing and comfortable nighttime's sleep in either room.
Guest bathroom has a shower/ tub combo.
The humongous sectional in the living room is very comfortable and ideal for relaxing with friends and family. It's enormous enough to seat everybody, and the cozy queen size bed is ideal for taking a nap or sleeping overnight. You'll adore relaxing and watching movies on the 65-inch intelligent TV that you can log into your streaming accounts. Adjust the temperature to your liking with the Nest intelligent thermostat to ensure you're always comfortable.
Have fun with the selection of games in the entry room's game closet, which includes 2 convertible (3-in-1) corn hole, ladder ball, and washer toss. You'll also find chess/checkers, Connect 4, Rummikub, 3up 3down, Life, Monopoly, Yahtzee, a deck of cards, a speaker, Spyderball, Frisbee, 8 beach towels, and a beach cart.
Appreciate the convenience of a completely equipped kitchen with top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, including a new French door refrigerator, 4-burner electric stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, and other amenities.
The laundry room is equipped with a washer and dryer that you're welcome to use while you're here.
Step outside and savor the cozy front porch with two spinning chairs. Outback you’ll get a screened-in patio with a roomy dining table and plenty of seating, string lights, and a covered porch with a grille. Don't forget to gather around the fire pit for some s'mores and a great time.
In the event of any damage, breakage, or theft, a replacement fee will be charged for all items in the home. Some examples of commonly replaced items include.
Beach pass -$150
Beach towel -$30 each
Towels -$30 each
Hand towels -$20 each
Wash cloths -$5 each
TV remote’s -$80 each
Ceiling fan remotes -$80 each
Sheets -$40 each
Duvet cover -$60 each
Duvet insert -$50 each
Sleeping pillow -$30 each
Decor pillow -$30 each
The amount charged for any damage to the couch will be determined based on the extent of the damage.
Other things to note
To ensure optimal safety, the property is outfitted with a Nest doorbell at the front entrance, as well as two cameras - one located at the front driveway and the other at the back doors.
We are a Dual Active Duty Marine Corps Family. We take great pride in owning and operating this establishment. Our guests' experiences are of the utmost importance, so please do not hesitate to let us know how we can enhance your stay.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Beaufort. Westvine Drive Trailhead and Spanish Moss Trail are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park and Coosaw Island.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the best Beaufort, SC vacation home experience:
Getting the most from your budget:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in the Beaufort, SC area. To get the best rental home for your budget, we suggest booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Beaufort, SC restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Some property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers typically offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Choose your vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. Sand In My Boots, Minutes to Parris Island & Beaufort and the beach! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Beaufort, SC rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before reserving your home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to establish which bed configuration is right for your group.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Request specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Note that some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Is your family looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Add the host's phone number to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- To make certain that no damages are attributed to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas during check in. message the rental manager right away to record your findings. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a fantastic vacation? Many rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.