- As low as $226/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- Video library
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- Limited onsite parking (max 5 spaces)
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water tubing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
We've refreshed our mid-century church into a cavernous, comfortable vacation rental. The Chapel on Waight exemplifies all that we appreciate about Beaufort –laid back yet luxe, close to everything but still peaceful, and central: the Chapel is a few blocks from the Beaufort River on a tree-lined street in a peaceful residential neighborhood. Walk or ride our beach cruisers into town past handsome antebellum mansions along gorgeous waterfront Bay street. The Chapel is less than a mile from the downtown waterfront park- the center of everything -cafes, stores, outstanding eateries, bars and our striking historical district. 4 short blocks in the other direction puts you on the Spanish Moss Trail, ideal for walking, running, and cycling.
If you're in town for a Marine Graduation, an simple 6 mile drive down Ribaut road puts you at the gates of Parris Island. We are 17 miles from pretty Hunting Island State park and provide our guests with a complimentary pass, beach chairs, beach towels, body boards, and beach toys. An hour south and you are in downtown Savannah, an hour and a half north puts you in beautiful Charleston. Beaufort is the ideal hub for day tripping!
The building was a church, so the main room is sizable, open and airy-tons of light filters through the original pebbled glass windows. It's laid out as follows:
THE MAIN ROOM is comprised of the Living/Dining/Kitchen areas, all open to each other and ideal for hanging out together. The dining area seats 6, a counter level bar seats 2, there is a a widescreen 42" TV with cable and high speed internet.
KITCHEN : entirely supplied, open and painless to maintain stainless steel countertops and appliances, coffee and tea bar, new cookware, silverware, dishwasher, a toaster and microwave... everything you need to prepare at home.
THE KING BEDROOM : The King Bedroom is roomy, decorated with original watercolors, has very comfortable brand new linens, new Turkish towels, a huge on-suite bath with jetted tub and private access to a screened porch.
THE QUEEN BEDROOM: generously sized, also with brand new linens and towels, with a semi-private curtained-off sleeping nook with a single bed for an additional guest, a kid, or on suite bath and private access onto screened porch
FOURTH BED is a very comfortable living living room couch that sleeps one.
LAUNDRY ROOM : Guests have access to washer, dryer, laundry supplies, iron, and ironing board.
BACK YARD: Our private, latticed back patio is landscaped with tropical plants and features a teak table and chairs, cafe lights, and a brand new gas grille.
SIDE PORCH: The Side porch is a screened in and accessible from both bedrooms and the street.
THE FRONT YARD is giant and has a graveled off street parking for 5 cars.
POOL AND FITNESS: We have an agreement with a close by health and wellness club-for $10.00 per day per guest you'll have access to beautiful private club with a jr. olympic outdoor pool, weight room, exercise center, tennis courts , steam room , yoga, pilates, water aerobics and more.
Animals are welcome , subject to owner's approval with signed pet addendum and a 75.00 non returnable pet deposit.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is in the city center and by the sea. St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Spanish Moss Trail and Broome Lane Trailhead. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, water skiing, and water tubing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tips for getting the best Beaufort vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Beaufort, SC area. Booking in the Spring or Fall is our best tip for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Property managers sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guides have deals for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning, picking, and booking yourvacation home:
- Start by having your group commit to dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available on booking websites. Otherwise, contact the property management company before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to determine which bed configuration is suitable for your vacation.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about pets before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
Tips for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, television set or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of concerns.
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas during check in. text the host immediately to document any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a terrific resource to find the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a wonderful vacation? Many rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was great, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 0.7 miles
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 0.8 miles
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 0.8 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 1.0 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 1.1 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 1.2 miles
Ready to book Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly!?Book Online Get Information Call: