- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- Video library
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited onsite parking (max 5 spaces)
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water tubing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
We've modernized our mid-century church into a cavernous, comfortable vacation rental. The Chapel on Waight exemplifies all that we adore about Beaufort –laid back yet luxe, close to everything but still peaceful, and central: the Chapel is a few blocks from the Beaufort River on a tree-lined street in a peaceful residential neighborhood. Walk or ride our beach cruisers into town past striking antebellum mansions along handsome waterfront Bay street. The Chapel is less than a mile from the downtown waterfront park- the center of everything -cafes, stores, amazing eateries, bars and our spectacular historical district. 4 short blocks in the other direction puts you on the Spanish Moss Trail, ideal for walking, running, and cycling.
If you're in town for a Marine Graduation, an painless 6 mile drive down Ribaut road puts you at the gates of Parris Island. We are 17 miles from impressive Hunting Island State park and provide our guests with a complimentary pass, beach chairs, beach towels, body boards, and beach toys. An hour south and you are in downtown Savannah, an hour and a half north puts you in beautiful Charleston. Beaufort is the ideal hub for day tripping!
The building was a church, so the main room is huge, open and airy-tons of light filters through the original pebbled glass windows. It's laid out as follows:
THE MAIN ROOM is comprised of the Living/Dining/Kitchen areas, all open to each other and ideal for hanging out together. The dining area seats 6, a counter level bar seats 2, there is a a widescreen 42" TV with cable and high speed internet.
KITCHEN : completely outfitted, open and simple to maintain stainless steel countertops and appliances, coffee and tea bar, new cookware, silverware, dishwasher, a toaster and microwave... everything you need to prepare at home.
THE KING BEDROOM : The King Bedroom is roomy, decorated with original watercolors, has very comfortable brand new linens, new Turkish towels, a sizable on-suite bath with jetted tub and private access to a screened porch.
THE QUEEN BEDROOM: generously sized, also with brand new linens and towels, with a semi-private curtained-off sleeping nook with a single bed for an additional guest, a kid, or on suite bath and private access onto screened porch
FOURTH BED is a very comfortable living living room couch that sleeps one.
LAUNDRY ROOM : Guests have access to washer, dryer, laundry supplies, iron, and ironing board.
BACK YARD: Our private, latticed back patio is landscaped with tropical plants and features a teak table and chairs, cafe lights, and a brand new gas grille.
SIDE PORCH: The Side porch is a screened in and accessible from both bedrooms and the street.
THE FRONT YARD is giant and has a graveled off street parking for 5 cars.
POOL AND FITNESS: We have an agreement with a close by health and wellness club-for $10.00 per day per guest you'll have access to beautiful private club with a jr. olympic outdoor pool, weight room, exercise center, tennis courts , steam room , yoga, pilates, water aerobics and more.
Animals are welcome , subject to owner's approval with signed pet addendum and a 75.00 non returnable pet deposit.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is in the city center and by the sea. St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Sanctuary Golf Club and Ocean Creek. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, water skiing, and water tubing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Finding the best rental experience:
Getting the most from your spending budget:
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Summertime is high season in Beaufort. Reserve your rental property in Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Planning and choosing the best Beaufort, SC rental home:
- First and foremost, have your family choose date ranges and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is commonly available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, contact the property manager before reserving your rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or charges may be applied to your invoice.
- If there's a particular Beaufort, SC destination you long to visit, look for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent quite a few issues.
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- During check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent feedback to drive new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.