- As low as $226/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- Video library
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- Limited onsite parking (max 5 spaces)
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water tubing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
We've modernized our mid-century church into a cavernous, comfortable vacation rental. The Chapel on Waight exemplifies all that we adore about Beaufort –laid back yet luxe, close to everything but still peaceful, and central: the Chapel is a few blocks from the Beaufort River on a tree-lined street in a peaceful residential neighborhood. Walk or ride our beach cruisers into town past impressive antebellum mansions along handsome waterfront Bay street. The Chapel is less than a mile from the downtown waterfront park- the center of everything -cafes, stores, marvelous eateries, bars and our extraordinary historical district. 4 short blocks in the other direction puts you on the Spanish Moss Trail, ideal for walking, running, and cycling.
If you're in town for a Marine Graduation, an simple 6 mile drive down Ribaut road puts you at the gates of Parris Island. We are 17 miles from charming Hunting Island State park and provide our guests with a complimentary pass, beach chairs, beach towels, body boards, and beach toys. An hour south and you are in downtown Savannah, an hour and a half north puts you in beautiful Charleston. Beaufort is the ideal hub for day tripping!
The building was a church, so the main room is sizable, open and airy-tons of light filters through the original pebbled glass windows. It's laid out as follows:
THE MAIN ROOM is comprised of the Living/Dining/Kitchen areas, all open to each other and ideal for hanging out together. The dining area seats 6, a counter level bar seats 2, there is a a widescreen 42" TV with cable and high speed internet.
KITCHEN : completely outfitted, open and painless to maintain stainless steel countertops and appliances, coffee and tea bar, new cookware, silverware, dishwasher, a toaster and microwave... everything you need to prepare at home.
THE KING BEDROOM : The King Bedroom is roomy, decorated with original watercolors, has very comfortable brand new linens, new Turkish towels, a enormous on-suite bath with jetted tub and private access to a screened porch.
THE QUEEN BEDROOM: generously sized, also with brand new linens and towels, with a semi-private curtained-off sleeping nook with a single bed for an additional guest, a kid, or on suite bath and private access onto screened porch
FOURTH BED is a very comfortable living living room couch that sleeps one.
LAUNDRY ROOM : Guests have access to washer, dryer, laundry supplies, iron, and ironing board.
BACK YARD: Our private, latticed back patio is landscaped with tropical plants and features a teak table and chairs, cafe lights, and a brand new gas grille.
SIDE PORCH: The Side porch is a screened in and accessible from both bedrooms and the street.
THE FRONT YARD is giant and has a graveled off street parking for 5 cars.
POOL AND FITNESS: We have an agreement with a close by health and wellness club-for $10.00 per day per guest you'll have access to beautiful private club with a jr. olympic outdoor pool, weight room, exercise center, tennis courts , steam room , yoga, pilates, water aerobics and more.
Animals are welcome , subject to owner's approval with signed pet addendum and a 75.00 non returnable pet deposit.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is in the city center and by the sea. St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Spanish Moss Trail and Broome Lane Trailhead. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, water skiing, and water tubing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best vacation home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- To book the best rental home within your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at Beaufort, SC restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The sooner your group can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC area magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines contain deals for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Filter your search:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your vacation dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Beaufort, SC vacation rental search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the property owner before reserving the home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If there's a certain Beaufort, SC beach you long to visit, look for properties that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly rental. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- To ensure that damages are not attributed to your stay, record any problem areas upon check in. message the rental manager right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a great source for finding the best local scenic spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let burglars spoil your holiday.
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 0.7 miles
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 0.8 miles
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 0.8 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 1.0 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 1.1 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 1.2 miles
Ready to book Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly!?Book Online Get Information Call: