About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1270 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
The ideal ocean front location! 413 Captain John Fripp Villa.
"Surfside Villa" is true oceanfront and just steps from the island's best beach via private beach access. Unwind on the patio and appreciate the sights and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean. The ocean view can also be adored from the living room, dining area, kitchen and master bedroom. Lay in bed and watch the sun rise.
Recently and gorgeously decorated, the first floor has a full kitchen, dining area, living room with slider to private ocean view patio and a full size washer and dryer. The living room includes a queen size sleeper couch. The second floor has 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The master suite has a queen bed and en suite bath. The guest bedroom has 2 twin beds.
A private pool for Captain John Fripp Villa guests only is just steps from your patio. If you have purchased the optional amenities cards, the Beach Club is adjacent, with an adult pool, Olympic pool, Fripp Ship gift shop, exercise room and food court. Have a beverage at The Sandbar where live music is often played. Conveniences cards also give you access to additional pools, golf, tennis, on island dining, marina, excursions and more!
Included for your indoor enjoyment are a DVD player, family games, tv's in living room and bedrooms and for outdoor fun there is a corn hole game, bocce set, paddle ball game and 4 beach chairs. Like to sip coffee while appreciating the sunrise? Keurig, drip, French press and an espresso pot are available for all your caffeine needs. A Weber charcoal grille is available too.
Fripp Island Resort Club Cards are available to be purchased. The cost during peak season is $50 / week for adults 13 years or older. Kids 12 and under do not need cards.
This property does not include a golf cart but one may be rented for a cost of $250 - $300 / week. Beaufortcarts.com accepts you to rent them online they will deliver the cart to the villas parking space. You can also call Island Excursions at 848-838-1518. They are located in the Marina on Fripp Island.
Property also provides complimentary WiFi access.
Must be 25 years or older to rent this villa, and must be present at the property for the entire stay.
Animals - not allowed
After booking this property, Vacation Rental By Owner will charge their service fee separately and then the reservation will be transferred to FrippIslandStay where the property owner or manager will charge your credit card for the other items seen in the quote supplied by Vacation Rental By Owner. The returnable security deposit if applicable will be included in the final payment. You will also have the opportunity to purchase travel insurance and damage protection insurance on FrippIslandStay.
You will receive an e-mail with log in information from FrippIslandStay right after booking. Please check your spam or promotions folders. Once logged in to FrippIslandStay, you will be able to order club cards if available and gate passes for access to the island.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this villa is on the beach. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation property experience:
Getting the most from your rental home budget:
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation home six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Summer months are high season in Fripp Island. Reserve your Beaufort, SC rental in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guide magazines that include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to choose the perfect rental in Fripp Island:
- To start, have your group commit to dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Ground Floor Ocean Front 2 Bedroom Villa, 413 Captain John Fripp Villa has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before you book the home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask your host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Does your family require unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking.
Some things to know before you go:
- We recommend storing the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are away, just like you would back home.
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your visit, note any problem areas during arrival. Contact the property manager right away to relay any issues. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and look for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a fantastic vacation? Many rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.