About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1325 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Looking for a coastal hideaway? Come visit the Jewel of Port Royal!
The home is equipped with high speed wifi, so if you work remotely and/or are home schooling, you don't have to miss school or work!
Located in the Old Village of Port Royal less than a mile from the Sands Beach and Boardwalk, this delightfully appointed cavernous home comfortably sleeps 8. Features include enormous light and bright living, dining and kitchen area with high cathedral ceiling, back screened porch, and open front porch. Home also features 2 first floor bedrooms (one with 1 King bed and one with 1 Queen bed) and 2 full bathrooms. 2nd floor features 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed, 1 single bed, 1 futon and a full bathroom.
The Great Room features a sizable flat screen TV. There are smaller TV's in each of the three sleeping areas. Rest and relax in this gorgeously appointed home which includes pretty linens, towels, and all the dishes, pots, and pans you will need.
Within walking distance is the Cypress Wetlands Nature Preserve, which features nature trails and a boardwalk right over the water. This nature preserve is home to various local wildlife, including multiple species of birds, turtles, alligators and more. Catch the sunrise just a short walk to the Sands Beach and listen to Marine Recruits singing cadence just across the river.
Port Royal is also home to various year round festivals. During the spring and summer there is live outdoor music every other Saturday nighttime on Paris Ave, the main street in Port Royal. Bring your chair and dancing shoes and savor the complimentary entertainment!
Located less than a mile from the home at the Heritage Park on Ribaut Rd is the Port Royal Farmer's Market. The market is open year round every Saturday morning from 9 am - 12 pm and features fresh local produce, baked goods, locally raised meat, fresh caught seafood, plants, hot meals, and much more!
Ideal Port Royal Heaven location at 16th; Cool, Coastal, and Far from Ordinary!
**The primary renter must be 25 or older**
**There are security cameras outside at this home. We have one camera on the front porch facing the street and one camera just outside of the back porch facing the backyard. There are no cameras or recording devices inside of the home.**
About the Area
Located in Port Royal, this vacation home is by the sea. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Port Royal Farmers Market and Bay Street. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
When to visit & When to book:
- June, July, and August are high season in Port Royal. To book the most suitable rental for your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular Beaufort, SC attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer vacations during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer promotional rates for veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to pick the perfect vacation rental:
- Begin by selecting a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. 16th and Paradise - 2 Miles From Parris Island! has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property management company before booking the property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what is best for your vacation family.
- If there's a certain Beaufort, SC attraction you crave, look for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges could be applied to your contract.
Advice for your stay:
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Document any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if damages are assessed.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to confirm you did not forget anything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Most rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.