- As low as $190/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 3 total pets
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee grinder
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hunting nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the bay
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Recently Purchased from John and Erica Dickerson! Purchased by their manager Melissa and her mother Beverly! We promise to provide the same level of service and cleanliness as the previous owners.
This is a precious little home constructed in the late 1940's. It is well supplied with most anything you may need for your stay and then some!
*NEW - ALL of our properties are being disinfected with Diamond Disinfectant 1000. It is a Virus Killer, Sanitizer, Disinfectant, Allergen Eliminator, Mold & Mildew Inhibitor, and an Odor Eliminator!* We have an broad cleaning regiment between guests to ensure a clean, sanitary environment for your stay.
Please review the current policies for COVID 19 and cancellations with Vacation Rental By Owner if you are concerned about this at all.
This is our current policy in relation to that:
1) We will now recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance, and that your Travel Insurance Policy will be responsible for ANYTHING COVID related. If you have to cancel or leave early, your insurance must take care of any refunds you may want.
2) Should you or ANYONE in your event become sick while staying at our home, you WILL hold us harmless. Our homes are cleaned to a standard above and beyond WHO and CDC guidelines between each and every guest. If you get sick, you must agree that it is NOT our fault.
3) Should you or ANYONE in your event become sick while staying at our home, all in your event will vacate our home immediately and notify us so that we can protect our staff and future guests.
Back to this incredible home:
It has one king bedroom and one queen bedroom, sharing a completely remodeled bathroom with a beautiful glass shower. There is a 40' HD flat panel TV in the living room, and another 32' in the den / laundry room. The dining room seats 6, and there is a full kitchen with all new stainless appliances. There is a full size front loading washer/dryer in the den.
The screened porch has seating for 4, and there is an outdoor patio and deck for dining al fresco! The giant fenced yard is filled with delightful old trees, nice and shady! *The yard is fenced, but PLEASE take responsibility for your pet, should it be approved. We cannot be responsible if you leave a gate or a door open of if a pet escapes. All family pets are different so please inspect the fence for your pets use!*
Since our FABULOUS Spanish Moss Rail Trail is just 4 homes away, we provide bicycles and helmets and locks - and a detailed map showing additional 'back roads' to get you all over downtown and our fabulous historic district!
Our home is only a couple min. drive from downtown Beaufort, 5 mins. from Port Royal, and 10 mins. from Parris Island main Gate. It is centrally located making it ideal for vacation, exploring the area, or also military graduation trips. We are also about a 20 min. drive from Hunting Island State Park and we provide a park pass for your use during your stay as well.
**TAX NOTE: Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO COLLECT ALL STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND REMITT THEM DIRECTLY TO THE STATE UNDER THEIR OWN NUMBER. STARTING SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THEY UNILATERALLY STARTED RETAINING THE 11% TAX THAT INCLUDES 5% SALES TAX, 2% STATE ATAX, 1% BEAUFORT COUNTY TRANSPORTATION TAX AND 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX. ON OR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY STOPPED COLLECTING THE 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX AND WITHOUT NOTICE CHANGED THE TAXES TO BE COLLECTED ON ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS TO EXCLUDE THIS TAX. THEY HAVE PUT US IN THE AWKWARD POSITION OF HAVING TO COLLECT AND REMIT THE 3% TAX SEPARATELY. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR THE 3% ATAX.
Get Outlook for iOS
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is in the city center and near the beach. Spanish Moss Trail and Broome Lane Trailhead are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Bay Street and Port Royal Farmers Market. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
3 total pets
Tricks and tips to get the very best rental experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal SC. Reserving a rental home in Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Property management companies sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel guide magazines which include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to select the perfect vacation home in Beaufort:
- Begin by selecting the best vacation week and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family requires. Cozy Home in prestigious downtown Beaufort neighborhood! Large Fenced Yard! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible online. If not, email or call the property owner before reserving the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property management company about pets before booking.
- Does your family require particular amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Considerations for your stay:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents quite a few issues.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Document any issues with the property at check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an excellent resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- When it's time to leave, complete a walk-through to make sure you have not forget any personal items. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the host isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great ratings to propel new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.