- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 3 per room
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee grinder
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the bay
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Recently Purchased from John and Erica Dickerson! Purchased by their manager Melissa and her mother Beverly! We promise to provide the same level of service and cleanliness as the previous owners.
This is a precious little home constructed in the late 1940's. It is well outfitted with most anything you may need for your stay and then some!
*NEW - ALL of our properties are being disinfected with Diamond Disinfectant 1000. It is a Virus Killer, Sanitizer, Disinfectant, Allergen Eliminator, Mold & Mildew Inhibitor, and an Odor Eliminator!* We have an broad cleaning regiment between guests to ensure a clean, sanitary environment for your stay.
Please review the current policies for COVID 19 and cancellations with Vacation Rental By Owner if you are concerned about this at all.
This is our current policy in relation to that:
1) We will now recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance, and that your Travel Insurance Policy will be responsible for ANYTHING COVID related. If you have to cancel or leave early, your insurance must take care of any refunds you may want.
2) Should you or ANYONE in your event become sick while staying at our home, you WILL hold us harmless. Our homes are cleaned to a standard above and beyond WHO and CDC guidelines between each and every guest. If you get sick, you must agree that it is NOT our fault.
3) Should you or ANYONE in your event become sick while staying at our home, all in your event will vacate our home immediately and notify us so that we can protect our staff and future guests.
Back to this incredible home:
It has one king bedroom and one queen bedroom, sharing a completely modernized bathroom with a handsome glass shower. There is a 40' HD flat panel TV in the living room, and another 32' in the den / laundry room. The dining room seats 6, and there is a full kitchen with all new stainless appliances. There is a full size front loading washer/dryer in the den.
The screened porch has seating for 4, and there is an outdoor patio and deck for dining al fresco! The giant fenced yard is filled with enchanting old trees, nice and shady! *The yard is fenced, but PLEASE take responsibility for your pet, should it be approved. We cannot be responsible if you leave a gate or a door open of if a pet escapes. All family pets are different so please inspect the fence for your pets use!*
Since our FABULOUS Spanish Moss Rail Trail is just 4 homes away, we provide bicycles and helmets and locks - and a detailed map showing additional 'back roads' to get you all over downtown and our marvelous historic district!
Our home is only a couple min. drive from downtown Beaufort, 5 mins. from Port Royal, and 10 mins. from Parris Island main Gate. It is centrally located making it ideal for vacation, exploring the area, or also military graduation trips. We are also about a 20 min. drive from Hunting Island State Park and we provide a park pass for your use during your stay as well.
**TAX NOTE: Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO COLLECT ALL STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND REMITT THEM DIRECTLY TO THE STATE UNDER THEIR OWN NUMBER. STARTING SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THEY UNILATERALLY STARTED RETAINING THE 11% TAX THAT INCLUDES 5% SALES TAX, 2% STATE ATAX, 1% BEAUFORT COUNTY TRANSPORTATION TAX AND 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX. ON OR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY STOPPED COLLECTING THE 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX AND WITHOUT NOTICE CHANGED THE TAXES TO BE COLLECTED ON ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS TO EXCLUDE THIS TAX. THEY HAVE PUT US IN THE AWKWARD POSITION OF HAVING TO COLLECT AND REMIT THE 3% TAX SEPARATELY. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR THE 3% ATAX.
Get Outlook for iOS
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is in the city center and near the beach. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Bay Street and Port Royal Farmers Market. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- 3 per room
How to get the best Beaufort, SC vacation home experience:
Find your perfect rental home:
- June, July, and August are high season in Beaufort. To find the best value, try shifting your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable properties are reserved early. Booking your rental up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines contain money saving offers on local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Make a plan and choose a perfectrental:
- First, have your family commit to the best dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Cozy Home in prestigious downtown Beaufort neighborhood! Large Fenced Yard! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before you reserve the home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- Visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Get specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be a terrific source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- When it's time to leave, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on great reviews to drive new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.