- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyIn this Section
1. Unit Description
2. Online Calendars & Personal Assistance
3. We See’um Units, LLC (Allison & Bob Brower)
4. Booking & Arrival
5. Information necessary to complete your Rental Agreement
6. Golf Carts for Rent through We See’um Units, LLC
7. Fripp Island Club Guest Cards
8. Fripp Island Car Passes
9. Good to Know
1. Unit Description
Fairway Club Villa 8 offers painless access with just a few steps to inside & then all rooms on 1 floor. The den & dining are open concept. The kitchen is accessed from the dining room & has a enormous window opening between it & the den. There is an outdoor area with a grille. 2 decks both offer a table & chairs. Bedroom 1 offers a king bed, flat screen TV & attached full bath with shower tub combo. Bedroom 2 offers a queen bed & flat screen TV. Bedroom 3 offers 2 bunk beds with a full bed on the bottom & twin beds on the top. There is also a flat screen TV in this room. Bath 2 can be accessed on 1 side from Bedroom 2 & just in the hall from Bedroom 3. Each Bedroom accesses into a vanity area & shares a tub shower combo between the 2 vanity areas.
2. Online Calendars & Personal Assistance
We See’um Units, LLC manages thirty plus units. If you inquire about a unit & the unit is booked for the dates you prefer, we hope we can direct you to another unit that will be as good or better for your needs.
Due to Home Away standards we are only able to correspond through Vacation Rental By Owner until the renting fee is paid. If the unit you choose is not available, we can reply through Vacation Rental By Owner & direct you to other units through their Vacation Rental By Owner number, that may work for you. Once you find a unit & pay the Vacation Rental By Owner fee to rent, we will be able to correspond with you through direct methods & help with other questions such as renting a golf cart, purchasing club guest cards, parking passes & other questions specific to the unit &/or Fripp Island.
3. We See’um Units, LLC
We are Allison & Bob Brower. We began our work journey when we bought Beach Club Villa 167 & started renting it through Vacation Rental By Owner along with our first unit Beach Club Villa 190. Soon after, a Fripp neighbor asked if we would manage the units for their home. Since 2008, we have continued to grow. We are unit managers licensed through the State of South Carolina. We now manage thirty plus units & rent golf carts. We live on the island & strive to give personal attention to the units we manage & to the visitors who stay with &/or rent golf carts from us. In the spring of 2017, we hired our first full time employee, BJ Parrish. He came to us from a career as the Excursions Manager for Fripp Island Resort. BJ is now a licensed unit manager and our company right-hand man.
We See’um Units, LLC offers home and villa units from two to eight bedrooms. Our units offer a variety of vistas including sea, marsh, pond & golf course. Our units offer luxuries such as fresh kitchens, jetted tubs, walk-in tiled showers, screened porches, decks, flat screen T.V.s, Wi-Fi & more. With all the options, we hope you will find the ideal place for an fun and appealing holiday with us.
4. Booking & Arrival
Life is busy & often stressful. Booking your holiday should be simple & anxiety complimentary. Once you find the unit that meets your expectations, confirmed the dates & paid the Vacation Rental By Owner fee, there are only a few steps to go.
- Complete our We See’um Units, LLC rental agreement & secure the unit with a deposit toward the balance with a credit card. We accept Master Card, Visa & Find.
- Mail a check & the signed rental agreement to arrive sixty (60) days before the day of check-in.
- On the day your holiday begins, arrive at the Fripp Island Security Gate, stop & pick-up your car pass.
- Proceed to your rental unit at the appropriate check-in time (check-in information & address of unit will be on your rental agreement). The front door of the unit will be unlocked or you will be given a code for the lock box. Island information materials will be on the table. If included in your rental, golf cart keys &/or Fripp Island Club Guest Cards will also be on the table.
- Have a marvelous Holiday!
5. Information necessary to complete your Rental Agreement & Deposit to hold the Unit
- First & last name of the person to be named on the contract.
- Address of the unit you have chosen.
- Dates you want to visit.
- Do you want to rent a golf cart(s), 4-passenger or 6-passenger?
- Do you want to buy Fripp Island Resort Guest cards? How many?
- How many car passes do you need for cars parking at the unit? What is the first & last name of a person in each car who can show their driver’s license at the Fripp Island Security Gate to pick-up the car pass(s)?
6. Golf Carts for Rent through We See’um Units, LLC
Fripp Island is three and a half miles long and a mile wide at its widest point. The size of Fripp makes for a great golf cart community. A golf cart is the ideal way to travel and discover what the island offers plus no baskets of sand to vacuum from your car after holiday.
In addition to holiday unit, We See’um Units, LLC owns and rents golf carts. We offer four or six seat carts in both gas & electric. Many of our units include a four-seater cart with weekly units. We deliver and pick-up our carts. Discounts may apply for multiple carts, rent terms longer than a week & during the off season. You do not have to rent one of our units to rent our golf carts but we do offer a discounted rate to our visitors of our units.
7. Fripp Island Resort Guest Cards
While some only want the peaceful of sun, sand & sea, others look for more activity. Fripp Island Resort offers guest cards for buy. Guest cards give visitors access to all club luxuries. The Fripp Island Resort offers two golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, eateries, bars & more.
A card is mandatory per person when savoring resort amenities. Cards are not assigned so they can be shared if niceties are savored at different times. Childrens thirteen & under are not mandatory to have a guest card but need to be accompanied with an adult with a guest card.
8. Fripp Island Car Passes
Fripp Island is a gated community. Upon arrival, a car pass is supplied to visitors at the security gate. Security will request the driver’s license of the person whose name is on the car pass.
When completing your reservation, the first & last name as it appears on the driver’s license, of one person from each car is requested. The person does not have to be the driver upon arrival but should be able to give the driver’s license to security. The total number of car passes available is individual to each unit.
9. Good to Know
Prior to Arrival/Reservations – We See’um Investors, LLC accepts checks, credit cards, cash, cashier’s checks and money orders. For renting, we accept a deposit through credit card (no processing fee). Final payment must be received sixty (60) days prior to check-in or before. A processing fee applies for final payment if paid by credit card. The fee is not charged for any of the other forms of payment.
Cancellation Policy – If the Tenant cancels this Lease at least sixty (60) days prior to the Term commencement, Tenant shall pay a penalty of seventy-five percent (75%) of the initial payment & taxes & the balance shall be refunded to the Tenant. The initial payment & taxes become completely nonrefundable if the Tenant cancels less than sixty (60) days prior to the Term of Commencement. The landlord may cancel this Lease prior to the Term Commencement for any reason whatsoever. The Landlord shall refund any rent and taxes that had been paid in advance. The events agree that such refund shall be the Tenant’s sole remedy.
Arrival – Fripp Island is a gated community. When you cross the Fripp Island Bridge you will arrive at the guard gate. Stop at the gate to pick up your car pass. The car pass should remain in your car window for the duration of your stay. To pick-up the pass you will need to present the driver’s license of the person whose name was given as the designated person to pick-up the pass.
Check-In 4:00 PM – After picking up your car pass, you may proceed directly to your rental if it is check-in time or after. The front door will be unlocked for you and the keys will be on the table or you will be given a code for the lock box. If you have guest cards and/or a golf cart the cards and/or golf cart keys will be on the table. If the keys to the golf cart are not on the table & you rented a cart, please check the golf cart cup holder for the keys.
Check-Out 10:00 AM – Leave the keys to the unit and golf cart keys (if applicable) on the dining table. Leave the front door to the rental unlocked. Refer to the Guest Information on the refrigerator for additional instructions.
Information in this section and on this Vacation Rental By Owner site may be outdated and is subject to change without notice.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus offer tourism guide books with special packages for rental home management companies, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to modify your dates? Off-peak times offer substantive markdowns.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat vacationers to the same rental. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve specific clients, whether it's soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Beaufort, SC activity you simply love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often times shocked at the number and variety of short-term rental homes available in the Beaufort, SC area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental properties in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners typically select management companies to manage marketing, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most newcomers will be happy to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book " Golf Cart with Property Rental, Golf Course & Pond Views", review our brief checklist of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, SC rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest choice of homes, we advise searching and booking your Beaufort, SC vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of visitors plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose your Place and Vacation Week
Start by determining which particular area of Beaufort, SC you would like to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Much Rental Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a price range. Determine the price for your selected trip. It could be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving an expensive rental property. One individual in your party will have to be in charge of collecting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
In some cases the senior generation has problems with staircases. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Do not forget to include your best friend! Although many vacation homes permit animals, rules and charges fluctuate per rental. Read your agreement carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
As soon as the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are needed call the home manager right away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Virtually all vacation rental websites request comments after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward regarding your experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be quick. If not, you've acquired useful experience that can help with another search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.2 miles