- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyIn this Section
1. Unit Description
2. Online Calendars & Personal Assistance
3. We See’um Units, LLC (Allison & Bob Brower)
4. Booking & Arrival
5. Information necessary to complete your Rental Agreement
6. Golf Carts for Rent through We See’um Units, LLC
7. Fripp Island Club Guest Cards
8. Fripp Island Car Passes
9. Good to Know
1. Unit Description
Fairway Club Villa 8 offers painless access with just a few steps to inside & then all rooms on 1 floor. The den & dining are open concept. The kitchen is accessed from the dining room & has a generous window opening between it & the den. There is an outdoor area with a grille. 2 decks both offer a table & chairs. Bedroom 1 offers a king bed, flat screen TV & attached full bath with shower tub combo. Bedroom 2 offers a queen bed & flat screen TV. Bedroom 3 offers 2 bunk beds with a full bed on the bottom & twin beds on the top. There is also a flat screen TV in this room. Bath 2 can be accessed on 1 side from Bedroom 2 & just in the hall from Bedroom 3. Each Bedroom accesses into a vanity area & shares a tub shower combo between the 2 vanity areas.
2. Online Calendars & Personal Assistance
We See’um Units, LLC manages thirty plus units. If you inquire about a unit & the unit is booked for the dates you prefer, we hope we can direct you to another unit that will be as good or better for your needs.
Due to Home Away standards we are only able to correspond through Vacation Rental By Owner until the renting fee is paid. If the unit you choose is not available, we can reply through Vacation Rental By Owner & direct you to other units through their Vacation Rental By Owner number, that may work for you. Once you find a unit & pay the Vacation Rental By Owner fee to rent, we will be able to correspond with you through direct methods & help with other questions such as renting a golf cart, purchasing club guest cards, parking passes & other questions specific to the unit &/or Fripp Island.
3. We See’um Units, LLC
We are Allison & Bob Brower. We began our work journey when we bought Beach Club Villa 167 & started renting it through Vacation Rental By Owner along with our first unit Beach Club Villa 190. Soon after, a Fripp neighbor asked if we would manage the units for their home. Since 2008, we have continued to grow. We are unit managers licensed through the State of South Carolina. We now manage thirty plus units & rent golf carts. We live on the island & strive to give personal attention to the units we manage & to the visitors who stay with &/or rent golf carts from us. In the spring of 2017, we hired our first full time employee, BJ Parrish. He came to us from a career as the Excursions Manager for Fripp Island Resort. BJ is now a licensed unit manager and our company right-hand man.
We See’um Units, LLC offers home and villa units from two to eight bedrooms. Our units offer a variety of vistas including sea, marsh, pond & golf course. Our units offer niceties such as fresh kitchens, jetted tubs, walk-in tiled showers, screened porches, decks, flat screen T.V.s, Wi-Fi & more. With all the options, we hope you will find the ideal place for an delightful and peaceful holiday with us.
4. Booking & Arrival
Life is busy & often stressful. Booking your holiday should be simple & anxiety complimentary. Once you find the unit that meets your expectations, confirmed the dates & paid the Vacation Rental By Owner fee, there are only a few steps to go.
- Complete our We See’um Units, LLC rental agreement & secure the unit with a deposit toward the balance with a credit card. We accept Master Card, Visa & Find.
- Mail a check & the signed rental agreement to arrive sixty (60) days before the day of check-in.
- On the day your holiday begins, arrive at the Fripp Island Security Gate, stop & pick-up your car pass.
- Proceed to your rental unit at the appropriate check-in time (check-in information & address of unit will be on your rental agreement). The front door of the unit will be unlocked or you will be given a code for the lock box. Island information materials will be on the table. If included in your rental, golf cart keys &/or Fripp Island Club Guest Cards will also be on the table.
- Have a magnificent Holiday!
5. Information necessary to complete your Rental Agreement & Deposit to hold the Unit
- First & last name of the person to be named on the contract.
- Address of the unit you have chosen.
- Dates you want to visit.
- Do you want to rent a golf cart(s), 4-passenger or 6-passenger?
- Do you want to buy Fripp Island Resort Guest cards? How many?
- How many car passes do you need for cars parking at the unit? What is the first & last name of a person in each car who can show their driver’s license at the Fripp Island Security Gate to pick-up the car pass(s)?
6. Golf Carts for Rent through We See’um Units, LLC
Fripp Island is three and a half miles long and a mile wide at its widest point. The size of Fripp makes for a great golf cart community. A golf cart is the ideal way to travel and discover what the island offers plus no baskets of sand to vacuum from your car after holiday.
In addition to holiday unit, We See’um Units, LLC owns and rents golf carts. We offer four or six seat carts in both gas & electric. Many of our units include a four-seater cart with weekly units. We deliver and pick-up our carts. Discounts may apply for multiple carts, rent terms longer than a week & during the off season. You do not have to rent one of our units to rent our golf carts but we do offer a discounted rate to our visitors of our units.
7. Fripp Island Resort Guest Cards
While some only want the calm of sun, sand & sea, others look for more activity. Fripp Island Resort offers guest cards for buy. Guest cards give visitors access to all club amenities. The Fripp Island Resort offers two golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, eateries, bars & more.
A card is mandatory per person when relishing resort luxuries. Cards are not assigned so they can be shared if luxuries are savored at different times. Childrens thirteen & under are not mandatory to have a guest card but need to be accompanied with an adult with a guest card.
8. Fripp Island Car Passes
Fripp Island is a gated community. Upon arrival, a car pass is supplied to visitors at the security gate. Security will request the driver’s license of the person whose name is on the car pass.
When completing your reservation, the first & last name as it appears on the driver’s license, of one person from each car is requested. The person does not have to be the driver upon arrival but should be able to give the driver’s license to security. The total number of car passes available is individual to each unit.
9. Good to Know
Prior to Arrival/Reservations – We See’um Investors, LLC accepts checks, credit cards, cash, cashier’s checks and money orders. For renting, we accept a deposit through credit card (no processing fee). Final payment must be received sixty (60) days prior to check-in or before. A processing fee applies for final payment if paid by credit card. The fee is not charged for any of the other forms of payment.
Cancellation Policy – If the Tenant cancels this Lease at least sixty (60) days prior to the Term commencement, Tenant shall pay a penalty of seventy-five percent (75%) of the initial payment & taxes & the balance shall be refunded to the Tenant. The initial payment & taxes become completely nonrefundable if the Tenant cancels less than sixty (60) days prior to the Term of Commencement. The landlord may cancel this Lease prior to the Term Commencement for any reason whatsoever. The Landlord shall refund any rent and taxes that had been paid in advance. The events agree that such refund shall be the Tenant’s sole remedy.
Arrival – Fripp Island is a gated community. When you cross the Fripp Island Bridge you will arrive at the guard gate. Stop at the gate to pick up your car pass. The car pass should remain in your car window for the duration of your stay. To pick-up the pass you will need to present the driver’s license of the person whose name was given as the designated person to pick-up the pass.
Check-In 4:00 PM – After picking up your car pass, you may proceed directly to your rental if it is check-in time or after. The front door will be unlocked for you and the keys will be on the table or you will be given a code for the lock box. If you have guest cards and/or a golf cart the cards and/or golf cart keys will be on the table. If the keys to the golf cart are not on the table & you rented a cart, please check the golf cart cup holder for the keys.
Check-Out 10:00 AM – Leave the keys to the unit and golf cart keys (if applicable) on the dining table. Leave the front door to the rental unlocked. Refer to the Guest Information on the refrigerator for additional instructions.
Information in this section and on this Vacation Rental By Owner site may be outdated and is subject to change without notice.
- Many rental managers and vacation properties supply Beaufort, SC area vacation discount guides which include deals, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the itself. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer great rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discounts. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You'll receive the most value from a home that most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Rental companies and individual property owners generally offer clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide selection of short-term vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to select a vacation home that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and expertise to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have identified several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be delighted to realize that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you think " Golf Cart with Property Rental, Golf Course & Pond Views" is the perfect rental for your upcoming getaway? Look over this guide to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, SC vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Start by picking which specific area of Beaufort, SC you prefer to explore, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make sure " Golf Cart with Property Rental, Golf Course & Pond Views" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single individual in your company will have to be responsible for gathering payments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you only want a rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Will the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to shopping? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your pets. While quite a few vacation homes allow pets, rules and charges vary per property. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive rental properties, local companies provide you with fantastic service..
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Contract
Read the entire agreement and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Be sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any required fixes. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. More often than not, adjacent properties are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make certain you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to offer comments. If the property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine regarding your experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Did they feel about the property? Hopefully everything turned out to be perfect and you're ready to reserve the same property for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired useful experience to aid with another search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.2 miles