- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Flat-screen TV with cable/satellite service
- Free WiFi
- Furnished patio
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking (max 3 spaces)
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Outdoor furniture
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1423 sq ft (132 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1423 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Feel the epitome of Southern appeal when you stay at 'Sunset Cottage,' a 3-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental home in Beaufort! This refreshed 1,423-square-foot home comfortably sleeps 6 guests and features a new deep water dock. Spend your days walking the streets of one of the second oldest cities in the state and fall in appreciate with the appealing Antebellum architecture, moss-draped live oak trees, and historical landmarks. Make memories with adored ones on your calming South Carolina hideaway!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Twin Bunk Bed | Bedroom 3: Twin Bunk Bed
Enter 'Sunset Cottage' and relax in the bright and inviting sunroom with handsome vistas of the water. Keep an eye out for playful dolphins visible from the docks during the mornings and afternoons!
For carefree entertainment inside, turn on the 55-inch flat-screen satellite TV and let the anxiety of everyday life melt away.
Successfully settled in, whip up a tasty treat for everybody in the completely equipped kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances. While the sides are being prepared inside, throw some meat on the gas grille while you decide whether to eat in at the 6-person table or al fresco at the outdoor table.
After dinner, walk out to the end of the dock to watch the gorgeous sunset or take a fast dip in the water. Fix yourself a nightcap and end the evening sharing stories on the patio with friends and family.
When you can't keep your eyes open any longer, tuck the kids into the 2 twin-over-twin bunk beds before resting your head on the soft king bed in the main bedroom.
-- THE LOCATION --
Despite the laid-back nature of Beaufort, there is plenty to do around town! Get a feel for the rich history of the city with a walking tour through Janet's Walking History Tour. If you're looking for a more relaxing tour, visit SoutherRose Buggy Tours to leisurely see the area in the comfort of a carriage.
Take the family to Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park for an afternoon spent along the Beaufort River; strolling along the pathways, fishing for trout, or appreciating one of the festivals held throughout the year. In town for graduation? MCRD Parris Island is an simple 30-min. drive away!
If you brought your boat along, park it at the home's dock and take it out to discover the water and find a secret fishing hole.
Spend the day on the beach at Hunting Island State Park! This 5,000-acre park is home to tons of wildlife, 5 miles of beach, and a historic lighthouse. Golfers will want to book a tee time at Sanctuary Golf Club for a memorable round at this nature-filled course.
-- REST EASY WITH US --
Evolve makes it painless to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Conveniences include a entirely equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, complimentary WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, 2 flat-screen satellite TVs, cordless vaccum, dock, patio with outdoor furnishings, gas grille, driveway parking for 3 cars, and more
- Waterfront Beaufort location - Close to boating, fishing, hiking, golfing, historic downtown, shopping, eateries, museums, historical landmarks, walking and buggy tours, and much more. 30-min. drive from MCRD Parris Island
- Nearest Major Airport: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (50.6 miles)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No family pets allowed
- No events, events or huge gatherings
- This is a modest island community, please be respectful of neighbors and keep the outside noise level down
- There is a dock available for guest use, the boat can be parked at the floating dock for 5 days and 17 ft max
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: Your safety matters. This property features 2 exterior security cameras, above the front door overlooking the front yard and at the back door overlooking the backyard and lake, each facing outward. There is also a Ring doorbell security camera, located next to the front door facing out. They do not look into interior spaces
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Ocean Creek and Sanctuary Golf Club are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Bay Street and Port Royal Farmers Market. Discover the area's water adventures with scuba diving and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Booking the best Beaufort, SC rental home experience:
When to book & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Beaufort. To get the best value, change your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your vacation home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your group.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area visitor guide magazines which include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to select the best vacation home in Beaufort:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. 'Sunset Cottage' - Paukie Island Home w/ Dock! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed types is normally accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before you reserve your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out what configuration is best for your trip.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your phone.
- Upon check-in, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of issues.
- Respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, remember to take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent reviews to compel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.