- As low as $469/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Flat-screen TV
- Free WiFi
- Gas grill
- Living room
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 3122 sq ft (290 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3122 square feet
The guest who books the reservation must be 25 years or older and must be present for the length of the stay in the property.
New Home! New - 3,100 Sq Ft 5 BR, 3 1/2 BA home!
Come and savor everything Fripp Island has to offer in this brand new, ideally-located cavernous 5 BR, 3 1/2 BA home. Everything wil be new! It is located on Bonito Drive, a short distance from the Marina, beach, and south-end Cabana Club. This home will be ideal for one or multi-families and will conveniently accommodate 12 guests. Unwind on the very private rear decks.Two 4-Seater golf carts - COMPLIMENTARY OF CHARGE!High-speed Internet WiFi - COMPLIMENTARY OF CHARGE!Flat screen TV in great room & bedrooms- COMPLIMENTARY OF CHARGE!New Gas Grille - COMPLIMENTARY OF CHARGE!Great mid-island location - OBVIOUSLY NO CHARGE!
Fripp Island Club cards may be purchased. The cost during peak season is $50 / week for adults 13 years or older. Kids 12 and under do not need cards.
A new 12.8% of the total rent resort fee will be charged in addition to the cost of the individual club cards for access to the resort amenities.
A golf cart will also be supplied for comfortable, simple access to any location on the island.
TVs will be located in the living room and in all bedrooms.
Golf cart(s): If a golf cart is supplied with the property it is considered complimentary and is not included in your rental fee. If it is available, you have use of the golf cart. If it is not available, you have not paid for it and therefore have no right to be compensated for the lack of use of the golf cart.
We make every attempt we can to insure the golf cart is operational, however, as your car occasionally has maintenance issues, so do golf carts. If such an unfortunate malfunction should occur, we will notify the repair agency as soon as possible in an effort to get the golf cart repaired. A replacement golf cart will NOT be made available nor will compensation be included, without exception.
Family Animals - not allowed
If this property offers club cards for access to Fripp Island Resort amenities, a new 12.8% of the total rent resort fee will be charged in addition to the cost of the individual club cards. After booking this property, Vacation Rental By Owner will charge their service fee separately and then the reservation will be transferred to FrippIslandStay where the property owner or manager will charge your credit card for the other items seen in the quote supplied by Vacation Rental By Owner. The returnable security deposit if applicable will be supplied in the final payment. You will also have the opportunity to purchase travel insurance and damage protection insurance on FrippIslandStay.
You will receive an e-mail with log in information from FrippIslandStay right after booking. Please check your spam or promotions folders. Once logged in to FrippIslandStay, you will be able to order club cards if available and gate passes for access to the island.
About the Area
Located near the beach, this vacation home is in Bonito Boathouses, a neighborhood in Saint Helena Island. Penn Center and Parris Island Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Hunting Island Lighthouse and Fort Fremont. Adventure Cove and Coastal Discovery Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the optimal Beaufort, SC vacation property experience:
When to visit & When to reserve a Beaufort, SC rental home:
- Summer months are the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Reserve your Beaufort, SC rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer promotional rates for veterans. Check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have money saving offers on local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
How to pick the best rental:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your trip dates, and select a budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Stunning 5 Bedroom Home, Short Walk to Beach, Includes 2 Golf Carts, 809 Bonito Road has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is often accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property manager before you reserve the rental. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to work out what configuration is optimal for your trip.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- If your group is bringing pets, you must book a pet-friendly property. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home.
- Document any issues with the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if damages are assessed.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent lots of problems.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything on check-out day. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property one final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a terrific vacation? Many rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.