- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Fenced Yard
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Pit
- First Aid Kit
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kitchen Island
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Play Area
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDeep-cleaned and private. We use an electrostatic disinfecting sprayer in our bungalow and tidy each touch point and surface with disinfecting products. All laundry is washed in hot water using sensitive skin products.
2 bedrooms and sizable common area with full kitchen and dining area. Fenced in yard (front and side), outdoor firepit/grille and indoor gas fireplace. Tons of comforts.
We give coffee bean grinder, a Cuisinart coffeemaker, French press and an espresso/cappuccino machine for your coffee drinking enjoyment. Our kitchen is entirely supplied with pots, pans, baking sheets, cups, plates, silverware, sharp carving and other knives, a full spice rack, bottles of infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a brita pitcher, and other sundry niceties. We give seasoned firewood for the firepit and a gas grille, along with 4 bicycles and locks.
Deep cleaned, PRIVATE, Historic bungalow (ca. 1892) located in the handsome downtown Historic District. Low Country live oak/palm trees covered in Spanish moss. 5 blocks to downtown marina and 5 other boat landings. 15 min drive to Hunting Island Beach-8 miles of untouched, glorious beach. Walk to eateries, stores, museums, waterfront and homes of worship. Bicycle the 11 mile Spanish Moss Tr. Kayak or paddle on the glorious intercoastal. Antebellum homes viewed by horse and buggy. 10 min drive to Parris Island.
Guests must disclose all family dogs and cats they intend to bring and pay a $15 pet fee, per pet, per stay. Failure to advise us that your bringing a pet(s) will result in a $50.00 pet fee, per pet, per stay, at host's discretion.
Guests may rent a golf cart from local rental companies to use in the downtown, if so desired. Entry to the home is via a digital keypad. The code will be supplied to guest the morning of checkin
Restored, shining tidy bungalow (app. 1000 sf) with all new appliances, heating, a/c, wifi, printer/fax, Intelligent TV in each room, washer/dryer, grind coffee maker and French press, selection of teas. Gas burning fireplace. Private, with yard, grille/firepit, porch. Charmingly and warmly furbished with room darkening blinds in bdrms, bed toppers on all beds, with Egyptian cotton linens. Four-100% Egyption cotton robes in which to relax in appreciation. Totally supplied kitchen for preparing/baking. Eco Novo Terra all natural soap and hair products supplied. Welcoming snack basket awaits you. Beach cart, umbrella, chairs, cooler and towels let you make a fast and smooth hideaway to the beach. 4 bicycles available for your use to ride around the pretty downtown and trails.
We give coffee bean grinder, a Cuisinart coffeemaker, French press and an espresso/cappuccino machine for your coffee drinking comfort
You can walk to community tennis courts, b-ball courts and a number of cemeteries, including the national military cemetary and others with stones dating back hundreds of years. Kayacking and paddling are available via a 5 min. drive
The bungalow is a 45 min drive to historic Savannah and an hour and 20 mins. to Charleston. It is around the block from the USCB performing arts center, 5 blocks to the downtown commercial district (shopping/eateries), the waterfront and downtown marina, and 3 different museums. A 15 min. drive to Hunting State Park, beach and lighthouse, where dogs are allowed. A 15 min. drive to Penn Center museum and home where Martin Luther King stayed and wrote. 10 block bicycle ride to the Spanish Moss Trail where you can bicycle, run or walk. We give 4 bicycles for your use.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation homes supply Beaufort, SC area promotional travel magazines which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, since this allows travelers to discover the very same activities at a substantial discounted.
- Able to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons provide amazing promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Some rental companies provide discounted prices to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are practically designed to serve specific guests, whether it is beachfront homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed a result of health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Information
Some people are surprised to learn just how many rentals can be found in Beaufort, SC. With such a big selection, clients are sure to find a property which fits their wishes and spending plan.
The majority of vacation homes in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Before you book "YOUR SOCIAL DISTANCING SANCTUARY IN HISTORIC BEAUFORT", go through our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many renowned hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best rental properties are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your trip. A lot of families decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can often be tricky among relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Be aware that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will the preferred rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each person knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Create a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your best friend! Animal policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your contract thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when animals are included.
Its Time to Search
When the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to make certain you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Many vacation rental websites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. Maybe the rental home was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search next time.