- As low as $165/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 3
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric kettle
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near the bay
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 3
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Adorable bungalow with all the amenities of home. Within walking distance to shopping, dining and the waterfront park of Beaufort, SC.
I have been a Airbnb and Vacation Rental By Owner host for over 10 years, I know what you want.
This adorable home is a quirky little 2 bedroom 1 bath 1940's bungalow located in the heart of Historic Downtown Beaufort.
We have finished the addition of a striking, private, back yard patio. Duke Cottage is adjacent to our other property, Infant Charles, Vacation Rental By Owner #2512260. We have our Health and Exercise Destination, #2577085, just 4 homes from the Spanish Moss Trail in the Hermitage Neighborhood.
From this location, you can conveniently walk to our charming waterfront park where there are tons of eateries, galleries, and stores. There are porch swings lining the waterfront and it is a pretty place to sit and appreciate the ‘yacht parade’ on the Beaufort River, which is part of the Intracoastal Waterway. The Point neighborhood, filled with antebellum mansions used in the filming of many movies, is just 4 blocks to the east and a fabulous area for leisurely strolls.
Inside the home there is central AC (and heat), as well as whisper peaceful ceiling fans in the living room and both bedrooms. It has a comfortable living room with a 40' Sony Bravia flat panel TV, HD cable and a DVD player.
The kitchen is enormous and bright and has been completely redone with a glass top electric range, dishwasher, and refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, and a stacked washer/dryer unit. All cabinets and countertops are new, with a deep stainless steel sink and a pull down spray faucet. All pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware, and necessary gadgets are supplied - as are modest appliances like a coffee maker, toaster, blender, and a hand mixer. The kitchen is also supplied with staples such as salt and pepper, coffee, tea, and sugar - just to name some. We found a cute little 'nesting' table and 2 chairs for casual dining.
The Dining Room has sizable windows on 2 walls. The dining table is round glass and seats 4 comfortably. There is a delightful curved metal chandelier for ambience.
The master bedroom has a 2011 Sealy Posturepedic bed and boxspring with 100% cotton high thread sheets and fluffy new pillows. We have switched out all of our Queen linens to white European Duvet & Shams during the cooler months - IF we have any - so there will still be the high thread count sheets, but instead of our white cotton Matelassé Coverlets, now you will have a duvet cover and shams. These are washed and changed between guest. It's more work, but it as we discovered, it is a better sleeping experience!
The second bedroom has a single bed with the same bed, except that it is a twin. We tried having a trundle, but it is too cramped to be cozy, so the home is limited to 3 guests.
There is one bathroom, and while it isn't huge, it is bright and fresh and comes outfitted with plenty of 100% cotton fluffy towels. Conveniences and a blow dryer are also supplied.
The private patio has a dining table with 4 chairs and an umbrella, and 2 chaise lounges and a humongous umbrella at the other end. It is a gorgeous place to relax and savor the outdoors.
Family Animals are allowed with prior approval and a returnable deposit. Please let me know what kind and size of pet you wish to bring so we can discuss it's appropriateness! *The yard is fenced, but PLEASE take responsibility for your pet, should it be approved. We cannot be responsible if you leave a gate or a door open of if a pet escapes.*
All you have to bring is you and your clothing - we've got the rest!
Oh - ALL of our properties are NON-SMOKING, inside and out.
*NOTE: ALL OF OUR Vacation Rental By Owner PROPERTIES ARE LEGAL SHORT TERM RENTALS IN THE CITY OF BEAUFORT, SC. WE HAVE BUSINESS LICENSES AND PAY ALL TAXES REQUIRED TO OPERATE THEM. ALL ARE CODE COMPLIANT, AND WE ARE ACCEPTED TO RENT ALL OF THEM FOR A MINIMUM OF 2 NIGHTS. WE ADHERE TO THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY.
**TAX NOTE: Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO COLLECT ALL STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND REMITT THEM DIRECTLY TO THE STATE UNDER THEIR OWN NUMBER. STARTING SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THEY UNILATERALLY STARTED RETAINING THE 11% TAX THAT INCLUDES 5% SALES TAX, 2% STATE ATAX, 1% BEAUFORT COUNTY TRANSPORTATION TAX AND 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX. ON OR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY STOPPED COLLECTING THE 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX AND WITHOUT NOTICE CHANGED THE TAXES TO BE COLLECTED ON ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS TO EXCLUDE THIS TAX. THEY HAVE PUT US IN THE AWKWARD POSITION OF HAVING TO COLLECT AND REMIT THE 3% TAX SEPARATELY. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR THE 3% ATAX.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this cottage is in the city center. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Bay Street and Port Royal Farmers Market. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Beaufort, SC rental property booking tips:
Sticking to a spending budget:
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The earlier your group can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Summertime is high season in the Beaufort, SC area. Reserve your Beaufort, SC rental home in Spring or Fall to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Many management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitor guide magazines which include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning and choosing yourvacation home:
- To start, have your group agree to date ranges and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration you need. Cozy Cottage in the Heart of Historic District! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the property manager before you book the rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- If there's a certain Beaufort, SC attraction you crave, look for properties that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- To make sure that damages are not linked to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas when you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to relay any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent reviews to drive future reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 0.2 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 0.2 miles
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 0.4 miles
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 0.5 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 0.5 miles
Ready to book Cozy Cottage in the Heart of Historic District!?Book Online Get Information Call: