- As low as $683/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- 3 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Internet access
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 2497 sq ft (232 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2497 square feet
Great mid island location. This home is literally the closest detached home to the Ocean Club and mid island ameneties. Steps away from beach (about 30 steps from beach access 16), no cart necessary, walk to beach club, tennis, pickle ball, sandbar, olympic and adult pool, food court etc. 2 generously refreshed full kitchens one up/one down. New appliance upstairs 2020. Updated floor in most of upstairs. Down stairs unit is a separate apartment but connected via spiral staircase and can be locked. Beach carts, chairs tent and toys will be available. Enclosed outdoor shower. Nice screened in porch. TVs and cable supplied in all main rooms and bed rooms. Kitchen is filled with everything necessary to prepare meals for huge groups. Great screened in porch. Coffee maker and Keurig supplied upstairs and down. Full Laundry room. Grille (gas and charcoal) available.
Closest detached home to the Ocean Club and mid island ameneties. Walking distance Ocean Club/restaurant, Olympic pool, tennis and pickle ball, adult pool, food options and sand bar. Steps to beach access 16.
Fripp Island Club amenities cards may be purchased.
Family Animals - not allowed
If this property offers club cards for access to Fripp Island Resort conveniences, a new 12.8% of the total rent resort fee will be charged in addition to the cost of the individual club cards. After booking this property, Vacation Rental By Owner will charge their service fee separately and then the reservation will be transferred to FrippIslandStay where the property owner or manager will charge your credit card for the other items seen in the quote included by Vacation Rental By Owner. The returnable security deposit if applicable will be supplied in the final payment. You will also have the opportunity to purchase travel insurance and damage protection insurance on FrippIslandStay.
You will receive an e-mail with log in information from FrippIslandStay right after booking. Please check your spam or promotions folders. Once logged in to FrippIslandStay, you will be able to order club cards if available and gate passes for access to the island.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is near the beach. Ocean Point Golf Course and Legends Golf Course at Parris Island are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Coastal Discovery Museum and The Sands. Adventure Cove and Hilton Head Zipline are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the best Fripp Island rental home experience:
Finding your perfect vacation home:
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To book the largest rental home within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at Beaufort, SC restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Choosing and booking the bestvacation home:
- Begin by choosing your vacation dates and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Center Island, Steps to beach access – 703 Silverside has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Beaufort, SC vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available online. If they are not listed, email the property owner before booking your rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your group is traveling with pets, search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More tips for your visit:
- We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent quite a few problems.
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks ruin your vacation.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your home life. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on good ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.