- As low as $184/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Cycling nearby
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 962 sq ft (89 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 962 square feet
Our Tennis Villa, "Surf Shack III" is located in the heart of Fripp Island, right off of Tarpon Boulevard, behind the Tennis & Pickle ball courts.
Our 2 story villa, with spiral staircase, has been upgraded (2023) with all new furnishings, rugs, coastal decor, lamps, chandeliers and ceiling fans. The King bed has a new bed, new linens and the most comfortable "Casper" pillows.
Be mesmerized by the amazing Salt Marsh that we are proud to call our back yard. Appreciate the broad vistas of the handsome spartina grasses and the ever changing tide waters that fill and empty out, twice a day.
Watch the Osprey, Red tailed Hawk, Kingfisher, and the Great blue heron (just to name a few) searching for their next tasty treat.
Don't be startled when you see antlers pass by the porch. It's just the Deer wandering by looking for a nice spot to take a nap.
We include our newer electric golf cart, that is a little lifted with bigger tires named "Big Red", for you to appreciate with your rental.
The Beach Club Complex is across the street along with the open air "Sandbar", Adult swimming pool, Olympic swimming pool, newly refreshed Exercise Center, food court, Beach Club restaurant, and Ocean View Parlor, not to mention the Majestic Atlantic Ocean and our elegant white sandy beaches.
We hope you choose to stay with us and savor the wonders of visiting with the Marsh as your backdrop. Our Fripp Island friend and Lowcountry book author, the late Pat Conroy, best describes the salt marsh like this, "At sunset we watch the saltwater tides rising with ideal congruence to the rising moon. No matter the time of day, the creek spreads out in the thrown coinage of sunset, bright as a centerpiece in the transcendental green of the great salt marsh".
If you are looking for additional units for vacation or if this property is booked, We also have Surf Shack I & Surf Shack II for rent on the Island. Both have been upgraded and decorated with Coastal sophistication for your calming & rejuvenating vacation.
Surf Shack I is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, that sleeps 6. It is located in the private neighborhood of Deer Lake. with the neighborhood swimming pool across the way. It is Vrbo 2963273.
Surf Shack II is a poolside, studio apartment, located in the middle of the island by the Beach Club complex. It is Vrbo listing 1819883 and it sleeps 4 in a King bed and 2 bunk beds.
***The Fripp Island Club requires amenities cards for you to frequent their amenities. These amenities include golfing, playing tennis, going to the eateries on Fripp, going to the swimming pools and the exercise room.
The conveniences card prices for stays that are 1-4 days are $35 during the summer months and $25 during Fall, Winter and Spring.
The luxury card prices for stays that are 5-8 days are $50 during the summer months and $35 during Fall, Winter and Spring.
If you do want to purchase the luxury cards, the resort will add an additional island fee of 13% to your rental to use their amenities. This will be added to your weekly stay at time of conveniences card purchase.
Each guest 13 years or older must carry an luxury card to access the Club's facilities.
There are a few places on Fripp Island that you do not need an luxury card. SpringTide Market is at the front of the island that has a sizable menu at their deli. From breakfast sandwiches to family BBQ meals, there is a lot to choose from. There is also a deli at the Marina that serves sandwiches and salads. The Fripp Ship and Mango stores are fun to go into for your ideal souvenir. You do not need an luxury card for golf cart, kayak, bicycle, etc. units as there are an abundance of companies who offer rental services that will deliver to you.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this villa is on the waterfront. Bay Street and The Village at Wexford are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Coastal Discovery Museum and The Sands. Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental home tips and tricks:
When to book & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Fripp Island. To get the best value, consider shifting your family's Beaufort, SC vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your group qualifies for a discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Look for your local Beaufort, SC area magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides contain deals for nearby shops and restaurants.
How to choose the perfect vacation rental:
- Choose dates and max budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Tennis Courts in front, and the ever changing Marsh in back. Golf cart included. has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available online. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before you book the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
Tips to have a great stay:
- Add the host's phone number to your phone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To make sure that no damages are linked to your stay, inspect for any problem areas when you arrive. message the host right away to report any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers bothering your peace and quiet. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a terrific vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.