- As low as $438/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Cycling nearby
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- On the lake
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor pool
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1100 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1100 square feet
Surf Shack is a unique beach home located on Fripp Island and is in the private neighborhood of Deer Lake.
The Surf Shack is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home that sleeps 6 in new beds.
Decorated with coastal sophistication in mind with new comfortable beds, pillows, linens, and floor to ceiling windows to watch the wildlife swim and fly by. We have also added an air purification system with multiple Honeywell air purifiers.
A well appointed kitchen for everything you would need to prepare a exceptional meal,. A Keurig coffee maker and also a drip coffee maker are available at the coffee bar. A Weber charcoal grille for grilling and a separate 25 LB. Ice maker for countless frozen drinks. A few cooking spices, olive oil, and some coffee left for you in case you forgot yours. And if you don't have what you need just text us and we will be right over.
We include our golf cart, named "Shortie", for you to savor while you stay at the Surf Shack so you can cruise all over the island or take a ride to the beach & eateries.
We are club members so you can purchase luxury cards to appreciate the Resort owned facilities on the island. These facilities include the eateries on Fripp Island, the swimming pools, the golf courses and tennis. The Deerlake neighborhood has its own private neighborhood swimming pool across the street from our home. This pool is available to our guests.
Our home is hidden off of the main road. A little walk through the tropical yard and you will find our blue home, sitting proudly, nearly right on the Lake! Makes one feel like you are on a boat, with all of the windows and the open floor plan.
We adore our family pets and would consider your pet too. We have air purifiers throughout the home to control dust, pet dander, allergens, etc. We do not have carpet but we do have area rugs so Fiddo needs to wash his paws before coming inside, please. And like all other pet considered units, there is a pet fee to pay.
We have Beach towels, beach chairs, beach toys and a beach umbrella.
And there’s something special about an outside shower and showering when you get back from the beach so we added a temperature controlled, enclosed outside shower!
**There is the possibility that you will see an alligator swim by every now and then. It is illegal to harass, feed, or do anything to an alligator but observe and admire. Also, our Lake looks like fun to fish in but you can't really. We do have magnificant fishing spots all over the island and we will be happy to share that info with you if you like.
***The Fripp Island Club requires luxury cards for you to frequent their amenities. These amenities include golfing, playing tennis, going to the eateries on Fripp, going to the swimming pools and the exercise room.
The luxury card prices for stays that are 1-4 days are $35 during the summer months and $25 during Fall, Winter and Spring.
The amenities card prices for stays that are 5-8 days are $50 during the summer months and $35 during Fall, Winter and Spring.
If you do want to purchase the conveniences cards, the resort will add an additional island fee of 13% to your rental to use their amenities. This will be added to your weekly stay at time of conveniences card purchase.
Each guest 13 years or older must carry an luxury card to access the Club's facilities.
There are a few places on Fripp Island that you do not need an luxury card. SpringTide Market is at the front of the island that has a sizable menu at their deli. From breakfast sandwiches to family BBQ meals, there is a lot to choose from. There is also a deli at the Marina that serves sandwiches and salads. The Fripp Ship and Mango stores are fun to go into for your ideal souvenir. You do not need an luxury card for golf cart, kayak, bicycle, etc. units as there are an abundance of companies who offer rental services that will deliver to you.
We hope you choose the Surf Shack for your vacation destination. It's a great place to build fun memories and to see such a variety of animals that most do not get to see on a daily basis.
If you are looking for additional units for vacation or if this property is booked, We also have Surf Shack II, Surf Shack III and Surf Shack IV for rent on the Island. All have been upgraded and decorated with Coastal sophistication for your calming & rejuvenating vacation.
Surf Shack II is a poolside, studio apartment, located in the middle of the island by the Beach Club complex. It is Vrbo listing 1819883 and it sleeps 4 in a King bed and 2 bunk beds.
Surf Shack III is a tennis villa, located in the middle of the island behind the tennis & pickle ball courts. Elegant view of the Marsh and wildlife and comfortable for 2 guests to sleep in the King size bed in the loft. This listing is Vrbo 3087281.
Surf Shack IV is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home that sleeps 13 people in beds and is located in the peaceful Fiddlers neighborhood. Included in this rental is a limo golf cart, ping pong table, fire pit, additional refrigerator and a pass to Hunting Island State park! This listing is Vrbo 3534400.
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this vacation home is in Deer Lake, a neighborhood in Saint Helena Island. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Coastal Discovery Museum and Botany Bay Plantation Heritage Preserve and Wildlife Management Area, while Penn Center and Parris Island Museum are cultural highlights. Adventure Cove and Pirate's Island Adventure Golf are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
2 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
Tips and Tricks for getting the best Beaufort, SC vacation rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Beaufort, SC area. To get the best vacation home within your budget, we highly recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at Beaufort, SC restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides contain offers and deals for nearby tours and attractions.
How to choose the perfect vacation home in Fripp Island:
- Choose vacation week and max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Wildlife viewers dream! Peaceful & so clean, golf cart incl., pool across street has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is regularly available on booking pages. If not, email or call the property management company before booking the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the owner about allowable breeds and types before booking.
Tips for your stay:
- Get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental. Store the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if there is a dispute.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.0 miles