About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Frippin Unreel is a marsh front 3 bedroom, 2 bath home (with 4th modest bunk room that has a twin bunk bed) located on Fripp Island, South Carolina. We are set back in a peaceful neighborhood that has its own pool and crab dock. The home is less than a 5 min. golf cart ride to the beach!
Check out the highlights on Frippin Unreel's Instagram page to see more photos and videos of the home and area.
Rental includes a 4 seat golf cart, a 6 seater golf cart, tandem kayak, fishing and crabbing gear, beach/pool gear, and a state park pass. The home has fast internet, TVs in den and three bedrooms, and a bluray player in the kid's bunk room. There are books and games for guests to use under the TV in the den.
Frippin Unreel is in a modest community on Fripp Island that has its own community pool (no luxury card needed). The pool is open late April - early October (exact dates depending on weather) and is just down the street.
The home is just steps from the community’s private crabbing dock with impressive vistas of the marsh. Only those in our community can use that crab dock, plus there are numerous others around the island for your use (we have a welcome book with places on the island mapped out).
Wildlife is generous all around the island. You will see many deer, alligators, racoons, and gorgeous birds. Fripp has walking and cycling trails all over the island. The island has multiple playgrounds in addition to the private playground in our community.
A state park pass is included with the rental. The state park pass will get everybody from one car into Hunting Island State Park for complimentary. Hunting Island State Park is right before you get on Fripp and provides so much to discover.
Master bedroom is downstairs. The master has a queen-sized bed with ensuite bathroom and sliding glass door leading out to screened in deck. Room has a intelligent TV.
2nd bedroom is upstairs and has queen bed with elegant marsh view.
3rd bedroom is also upstairs and has a queen bed. It has a intelligent TV.
There is a 4th modest room with a bunkbed that connects to the 2 upstairs bedrooms. The bunkbed has a weight limit and is meant for kids. That room does not have a closet, but does have a intelligent TV where you can use your own streaming apps and a blu-ray player.
There is a bathroom upstairs.
There is an outdoor shower around back - great for rinsing off after the beach! There is also a hose in the front to rinse off feet and beach gear.
Washer and Dryer is in the kitchen utility room.
Kitchen has new appliances and is completely equipped. There is a regular coffee maker and a Keurig. There is also a gas grille in the garage that you can use in the driveway. You can exchange propane tanks at the Marina store if it runs out or bring your own from home.
The back deck, with handsome marsh vistas, is completely screened in with two ceiling fans and ready for you to appreciate that morning coffee or late nighttime bottle of wine.
No smoking in home, in the garage, or on porches
No fireworks or sparklers
No Family Animals
Other things to note-
While you will have private access to our community pool, playground, and crabbing dock, we DO NOT have AMENITY CARDS. We CANNOT obtain them for any guest.
Guests can still shop at Mango's (the Fripp Gift Shop) and access the liquor store and the SpringTide Marketplace for light food, beer, ice, and other necessities. Guests can also access the Marina Store for essentials including bait. The Marina and SpringTide market also both have a Deli.
The guest who books the reservation must be 25 years or older and must be present at the property for the length of the stay!
Rental agreement will be sent after booking, and must be signed and returned within 3 days.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Local landmarks include Hunting Island Lighthouse and Chapel of Ease, and travelers wishing to experience a bit of culture can try Penn Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Fripp Island rental booking tips:
Sticking to a spending budget:
- To get the best rental home within budget, we recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at popular Beaufort, SC attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers typically offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Look for your local Beaufort, SC area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guide magazines have offers and deals for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select vacation dates and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Marsh Front + TWO GOLF CARTS + Beach/fishing/crabbing gear + Tandem Kayak has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible online. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property management company before reserving the property. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If there's an individual Beaufort, SC destination you simply love, keep an eye out for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Ask for details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, hosts charge additional pet fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Record any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if there is a dispute.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few issues.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be an excellent source for finding the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Double-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to propel more reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.7 miles