- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Towels
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils For Kids
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kitchen Island
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Travel Crib
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to your home away from home in historic Port Royal! Appreciate this pretty, roomy, lowcountry style 1 story 4BR 2BA home in the heart of Old Port Royal. This home has an "open- floor" plan combining living room, dining room and kitchen therefore making it straighforward to interact with your family and visitors. Unwind on the front or back porch while you savor feeling the southern winds and saying hello to neighbors walking by.
We are located just 1 mile from the entrance to Parris Island. This home is ideal for those coming to see their new Marine graduate, as well as those coming to discover Port Royal, historic Beaufort, and the beautiful surrounding areas. The Sands Beach area, a local favorite destination is only a half mile from the home. It includes a modest local beach on the Port Royal Sound, ideal for sunbathing and looking for shark's teeth. There is also a public boat launch, boardwalk and observation tower that overlooks Port Royal Sound and Parris Island. One block from the home is the Cypress Wetlands nature sanctuary with its walking trails and boardwalk. Port Royal offers multiple unique stores, eateries, and a marvelous blissful coffee shop, all within walking distance from the home. Savor walking and cycling on the close by Spanish Moss Trail. Downtown Beaufort with its waterfront park, stores, and varied dining options is just an 8 min. drive away. We are a 25 min. drive to the beach and lighthouse at Hunting Island State Park and a 40 min. drive to Hilton Head. Charleston which is 60 miles away and Savannah which is just 40 miles away, are both simple day trips.
Come and kick back and appreciate what Port Royal has to offer.
- Many management companies and vacation homes provide Beaufort, SC area travel books that feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the business itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to avoid the crowds and save money? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies offer unique discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to ? You will definitely get the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed due to health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to locate a rental which matches their wishes and spending plan.
Virtually all vacation homes in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Property owners typically choose management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and tricks to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "1 mile from Parris Island! Close to beaches, restaurants and shopping.. Sleeps 8", go through our brief list of issues to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Beaufort, SC rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes much easier.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your selected trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a pricey rental. Usually, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental property fee? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Optimal access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the gang traveling with a furry companion? Even though a number of vacation rentals allow animal friends, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, visitors must pay local taxes when booking "1 mile from Parris Island! Close to beaches, restaurants and shopping.. Sleeps 8", along with various other fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make certain that you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to rental experience. The best property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Does everyone want to go back? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to help with the next search.