About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1300 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Low Country living at its best! You’re just mins. from Parris Island to see your Marine graduate or to visit all the Lowcountry has to offer.
This beautiful, historic 2 story home is located in the heart of the Old Village of Port Royal. The history and heritage of Port Royal come together in this handsomely restored 100-yr. old home! The home has many historic features including original pine floors and doors, antiques and collectibles throughout.
The 3 bedroom home sleeps 6 and features 1 queen-size bed and 2 full-size beds. The bedrooms are located on the second floor along with a sizable bathroom featuring a combination vintage claw foot tub w/retrofitted shower and ceramic tile.
The master bedroom is roomy and provides access to the private second floor porch. The porch has wicker chairs and a rocker to savor your morning coffee. Like the master bedroom, the gorgeous second and third bedrooms are furnished in antiques and feature vintage linens, quilts and lace window treatments. A full size washer and dryer are conveniently located on the second floor, adjacent to the bedrooms.
Tastefully appointed, the home blends local history with 21st century amenities, including a 40" flat screen TV with cable access, Free Internet Wi-Fi and central heating and air conditioning. A cavernous living room welcomes guests and a huge kitchen and dining area is well-appointed with refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker and toaster. Additional 1/2 bath on first floor.
The historic home features double front porches shaded by a striking Spanish moss draped live oak tree. Both the upper and lower porches provide outdoor seating. This home is ideal for appreciating the mild southern climate and marsh breezes. Pull up a chair, sip on a glass of southern sweet tea and sit awhile.
The home provides one off-street parking spot in front of the home with additional parking in the rear of the property.
Located just 2 miles from the gates of Parris Island makes this home an ideal location for families and friends who are attending the graduation ceremonies at Parris Island.
The home is conveniently located in the Old Village of Port Royal, the heart of the town’s historic district. Visitors with a soft spot for natural outings and fantastic vistas will find plenty of local attractions to discover, starting with the Cypress Wetlands, a pretty slice of coastal environment that features snowy egrets, wood ducks, great blue herons, and a variety of other migrating shorebirds via a number of winding trails.
You can find antique and consignment stores and an eclectic mix of eateries and coffee stores along Paris Avenue. The streets in this area are all named after the capitals of countries who, at one point or another, tried to claim the area. Visitors will walk along London (where the vacation home is located), Paris, Madrid and even Edinburgh Streets.
A short walk from the home takes you to The Sands and Boardwalk, Port Royal’s own beach for impressive Battery Creek vistas. The Sands Beach, with its broad long wooden pier and modest sandy beach, is a trendy spot for amateur archaeologists to dig for shark's teeth and other oceanside treasures. A tower is also located on site, which is open for climbing visitors, and presents exceptional vistas of the Port Royal landscape. You can appreciate the public beach and climb the observation tower for spectacular expansive vistas of the water, marshes and Parris Island. The Sands has a public boat launch if you want to bring your boat.
A one of a kind hidden jewel, Port Royal combines genuine southern hospitality and living with street music events and festivals, stores, eateries, the Sands Beach, Cypress Wetland Preserve and much more! A stunning coastal town that offers miles of vistas, entertainment and postcard-ideal appeal!
If you can tear yourself away from Port Royal, a 10-min. drive will find you in Beaufort where you can discover cozy stores, art galleries, book stores and a variety of cares, bistros, coffee stores and fine eateries. Shop along Bay Street, lunch at one of the waterfront eateries and enjoy the spectacular vistas of the Beaufort River.
Traveling 30 min. from Port Royal is one of the most fashionable and handsome beaches in South Carolina, Hunting Island State Park, a 5,000 acre park with 3 miles of natural beach. Charleston, SC and Savannah, Georgia are located roughly an hour from Port Royal.
A special place, come visit and make this 100-yr. old historic home, your “home away from home”.
About the Area
Located in Port Royal, this vacation home is by the sea. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
How to book the best Beaufort, SC vacation rental experience:
When to go & When to reserve a rental home:
- The earlier you can book, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
How to choose the best rental in Port Royal:
- Start by having your group choose date ranges and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Just 2 mi. to Parris Island & Beaufort, Walk to Beach & Shops - Sleeps 6 - Wi-FI has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before booking the home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to determine what is optimal for your group.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
During your stay:
- Get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your . Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Upon check-in, make note of any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and scan for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, remember to take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to inspire more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your experience find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.