- As low as $117/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Welcome to your home away from home in historic Port Royal! Appreciate this gorgeous, roomy, lowcountry style 1BR 1BA home in the heart of Old Port Royal. This single family home has an "open- floor" plan combining living room, dining room and kitchen therefore making it simple to interact with your family and guests. Unwind on the front patio while you appreciate feeling the southern breezes and saying hello to neighbors walking by.
We are located just 2 miles from the entrance to Parris Island. This home is ideal for those coming to see their new Marine graduate, as well as those coming to discover Port Royal, historic Beaufort, and the beautiful surrounding areas. The Sands Beach area, a local favorite destination is only a half mile from the home. It includes a modest local beach on the Port Royal Sound, ideal for sunbathing and looking for shark's teeth. There is also a public boat launch, boardwalk and observation tower that overlooks Port Royal Sound and Parris Island. One block from the home is the Cypress Wetlands nature sanctuary with its walking trails and boardwalk. Port Royal offers multiple unique stores, eateries, and a amazing gourmet coffee shop, all within walking distance from the home. We are a 3 min. drive to Parris Island, 4 mins. to walking and cycling on the Spanish Moss Trail. Downtown Beaufort with its waterfront park, stores, and varied dining options is just an 8 min. drive away. We are a 25 min. drive to the beach and lighthouse at Hunting Island State Park and a 40 min. drive to Hilton Head. Charleston which is 60 miles away and Savannah which is just 40 miles away, are both painless day trips.
Come and kick back and savor what Port Royal has to offer.
WIFI is included as well as Netflix and Prime Video.
LIVING AREA:There is plenty of seating available to accommodate 4-6 people for eating, watching a movie, playing your favorite board game or just socializing.
DINING AREA: Savor a family meal with our drop-leaf table that can seat 4-6 people comfortably. This area is cavernous and open to kitchen and living room accessibility.
KITCHEN: We supply a entirely equipped kitchen which includes crock pot, auto drip coffee pot with coffee supplied, Keuriq, blender, toaster, fry pans and sauce pans and a 9x13 baking pan. There is also a enormous stock pot for cooking up Frogmore stew or your favorite soup. There are plenty of dishes, cups and flatware. There is a microwave and dishwasher. We also have measuring cups and spoons, cutting knives and a pizza pan.
LAUNDRY ROOM: Washer and dryer are available if needed as well as laundry detergent and cleaning supplies. This is also where you will find a first aid kit and some games to play when you are kicking back and calming.
BEDROOM 1: Cozy Queen bed with a private bath. TV, comfortable chair and closet. Located on ground floor. You will also find an iron and ironing board in the closet as well as hangers to hang your clothes. Place your bags on the fold out suitcases rack.
PORCHES: Unwind on our front patio with porch glider. There is nothing like sitting on acomfortable chair and appreciating a cup of coffee in the morning while breathing in the fresh lowcountry air.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If something happens and you need to postpone your dates, we can move you to a later date as long as the home is still available . If you cancel completely you will receive a full refund of accommodation costs if cancellation is made five full days prior to your 4:00 check in time on the day you were scheduled to check in. If you need to cancel less than 5 days in advance, the first nighttime is non-returnable but 50% of the accommodation costs for the remaining nights will be refunded. If you arrive and decide to leave early, 50% of the accommodation costs for the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are refunded. You might be charged service costs from the site.
LOCAL STORES: 1) Dollar General: 1675 Ribaut Rd. 0.6 miles 2) Piggly Wiggly grocery: 1342 Ribout Rd. Port Royal 1.3 miles 3) Food Lion grocery: 860 Parris Island Gateway Beaufort 2.7 miles 4) CVS pharmacy: 1500 Ribaut Rd. Port Royal 1.0 mile 5) Cross Creek Mall: (Wal-Mart, JC Penney, Belk, TJ Max, Radio Shack, Shoe Show and 28 more) 328 Robert Smalls Parkway Beaufort 6.8 miles You will find various, unique stores and thrift stores within walking distance along Paris Avenue
THINGS TO DO: PARKS 1) The Sands - On the Southern tip of Port Royal at the end of Sands Beach Rd. Boat and kayak launch. Boardwalk and observatory. Be sure to wear your water shoes. There are tons of oyster shells. 2) Naval Heritage Park – Follow Old Shell Rd. to the Naval Hospital. Playground, skateboard park and farmer’s market location 3) Live Oaks Park – 904 14th St. Playground, basketball 4) Cypress Wetlands - 1700 Paris Ave – Bird haven with amphitheater and trails 5) Pigeon Point Park – 1521 Pigeon Point Rd. Beaufort – Enormous park and playground with tons of activities for kids, picnic tables wide open space 6) Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park – Bay St. in downtown Beaufort – swings, fishing, playground, running/walking path, seawall walkway
PUBLIC TENNIS COURTS 1)Beaufort Tennis – 1105 Bladen St. Beaufort 2) Shell Point Park – 381 Broad River Rd. Beaufort 3) Beaufort High School Courts – 14 Geechie Rd. Beaufort 4) Battery Creek High School – 98 Blue Dolphin Dr. Beaufort
INDOOR POOL AND FITNESS CENTER 1) YMCA – 1801 Richmond Ave. Port Royal (0.4 miles) 2) Beaufort Indoor Pool – 35 Youmans Dr. – Beaufort GOLF 1) Cat Island – Sanctuary Golf Club – 8 Waveland Ave Beaufort 2) Lady’s Island Country Club – Pines Course – 139 Francis Marion Circle Lady’s Island
CHARTER/SPORT FISHING Port Royal personifies coastal living. Fishermen come from all over to fish the biologically rich waters of St. Helena and Port Royal sounds. Port Royal and the surrounding community is really a boater’s heaven. Enjoy inshore, near shore and offshore fishing trips and charters. 1) Heaven Fishing Pier at Hunting Island State Park. 2) Broad River Fishing Pier 3) Port Royal Boardwalk at the Sands
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS Whether it’s celebrating the water, history, shrimp, culture, food, or even a holiday you can nearly bet that something is going on nearly every single week. Visit for a list of upcoming events. Here are some of our bigger festivals: 1) The Beaufort WATER Festival :- Waterskiing shows, dances, concerts, Shagging, a teen dance, sporting, and food and craft vendors setting up their booths 2) Beaufort SHRIMP Festival 3) The Fall Festival of HOUSES and GARDENS 4) The GULLAH Festival 5) A TASTE of Beaufort 6) Beaufort’s LIGHT of the NIGHT BOAT PARADE 7) Soft Shell CRAB Festival 8) Beaufort FILM Festival 9) Port Royal Farmer’s Market – Right up Old Shell Rd. across from Naval Hospital 0.8 miles Join us on Saturdays year round from 9am-12pm and sample locally prepared food, honey and cheese. You will find locally grown produce, fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, and plants. Don’t miss out on one of the best farmers markets in the Lowcountry! You have to try their famed “she-crab soup”. So delicious!
LOCAL BEACHES 1) The Sands Beach in Port Royal – 0.8 miles – A local favorite. Comb the beach for shark’s teeth, walk along the boardwalk, climb to the top of the observation tower, sunbathe, fish, go crabbing or launch your boat from the boat ramp. Don’t forget your water shoes. You will see tons of oyster shells. 2) Hunting Island State Park – South Carolina’s single most fashionable state park. Climb the stairs to the top of the lighthouse. Look for dolphin splashing in the water. There is a good chance that you might find some shark teeth.
OTHER THINGS TO DO 1) The Marine Corp Museum – Bldg #111, Marine Corps Recruit Depot – Explore the long and rich legacy of the United States Marine Corps 2) Beaufort History Museum – The Arsenal 713 Craven Street Beaufort - $5 for adults 3) Chocolate Tree – Carteret Street Beaufort – Taste the delicious local chocolates. Sign up for a candy making class. 4) Dempsey Farms U-pick – 1576 Sea Island Parkway St. Helena Island 5) Downtown Beaufort Farmer’s Market – Henry C. Chambers Water front Park Pavilion – Wednesdays May 1 through Sept 25 2-6pm 6) Downtown Beaufort – stroll down Bay Street and look at all the stores then walk through the Waterfront Park or sit and enjoy the view on one of the swings 7) The Kazoo Factory – 12 John Gault Rd. Beaufort – Museum and gift shop $4 per person
DINING – There are a number of marvelous places to eat, some within walking distance right here in Port Royal 1) 11th St. Fishcamp – 1699 11th St. West – Excellent Steaks, Prime Rib and the freshest local seafood around!
About the Area
This apartment is located in Port Royal. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Westvine Drive Trailhead and Broome Lane Trailhead. Sea Wolf Charters and Coastal Discovery Museum are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the best rental home experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the best value, consider changing your family's Beaufort, SC trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Filter your rental search:
- First and foremost, have your group select date ranges and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Ideal Location for marine graduation or lowcountry getaway! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible online. If not, email or call the host before you reserve the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- If there's a certain Beaufort, SC destination you are enamored with, browse homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or charges could be applied to your contract.
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your . We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone.
- Record any issues with the property during check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if damages are assessed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, stereo or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, take video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on great feedback to stimulate new reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 3.4 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 3.5 miles
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 3.6 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 3.9 miles
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 3.9 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 4.3 miles
Ready to book Ideal Location for marine graduation or lowcountry getaway!?Book Online Get Information Call: