- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyLow Country living at its choice! You’re just mins. from Parris Island to see your Marine graduate or to visit all the Lowcountry has to offer.
This brilliant, historic 2 story home is located in the heart of the Old Village of Port Royal. The history and heritage of Port Royal come together in this splendidly restored 100-yr. old home!
The 3 bedroom home sleeps 6 and includes 1 queen-size bed and 2 full-size beds. The bedrooms are located on the second floor along with a generous bathroom including a combination vintage claw foot tub and shower.
The master bedroom is huge and provides access to the private second floor porch. The porch has wicker chairs and a rocker to appreciate your morning coffee. Like the master bedroom, the beautiful second and third bedrooms are furbished in antiques and feature vintage linens, quilts and lace window treatments. A full size washer and dryer are effortlessly located on the second floor, adjacent to the bedrooms.
Tastefully appointed, the home blends local history with 21st century amenities, including a 40" flat screen TV with cable access, Free Internet Wi-Fi and central heating and air conditioning. A sizable living room welcomes visitors and a huge kitchen and dining area is well-appointed with refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker and toaster. Additional 1/2 bath on first floor.
The historic home includes double front porches shaded by a elegant Spanish moss draped live oak tree. Both the upper and lower porches give outdoor seating. This home is ideal for savoring the mild southern climate and marsh winds. Pull up a chair, sip on a glass of southern sweet tea and sit awhile.
The home provides one off-street parking spot in front of the home with additional parking in the rear of the unit.
Located just 2 miles from the gates of Parris Island makes this home an just right location for families and friends who are attending the graduation ceremonies at Parris Island.
The home is handily located in the Old Village of Port Royal, the heart of the town’s historic district. Visitors with a soft spot for natural outings and amazing vistas will find plenty of local attractions to discover, starting with the Cypress Wetlands, a delightful slice of coastal environment that includes snowy egrets, wood ducks, great blue herons, and a variety of other migrating shorebirds via a number of winding trails.
You can find antique and consignment stores and an eclectic mix of eateries and coffee stores along Paris Avenue. The streets in this area are all named after the capitals of countries who, at one point or another, tried to claim the area. Visitors will walk along London (where the holiday home is located), Paris, Madrid and even Edinburgh Streets.
A brief walk from the home takes you to The Sands and Boardwalk, Port Royal’s own beach for lovely Battery Creek vistas. The Sands Beach, with its considerable long wooden pier and modest sandy beach, is a outstanding spot for amateur archaeologists to dig for shark's teeth and other oceanside treasures. A tower is also located on site, which is open for climbing visitors, and presents exceptional vistas of the Port Royal landscape. You can adore the public beach and climb the observation tower for spectacular expansive vistas of the water, marshes and Parris Island. The Sands has a public boat launch if you want to bring your boat.
A one of a kind hidden jewel, Port Royal combines genuine southern hospitality and living with street music events and festivals, stores, eateries, the Sands Beach, Cypress Wetland Preserve and much more! A beautiful coastal town that offers miles of vistas, entertainment and postcard-ideal glamour!
If you can tear yourself away from Port Royal, a 10-min. drive will find you in Beaufort where you can discover whimsical stores, art galleries, rent stores and a variety of cares, bistros, coffee stores and fine eateries. Shop along Bay Street, lunch at one of the waterfront eateries and savor the spectacular vistas of the Beaufort River.
Traveling 30 min. from Port Royal is one of the most trendy and charming beaches in South Carolina, Hunting Island State Park, a 5,000 acre park with 3 miles of natural beach. Charleston, SC and Savannah, Georgia are located roughly an hour from Port Royal.
A special place, come visit and make this 100-yr. old historic home, your “home away from home”.
- Many property owners and rental properties supply Beaufort, SC area discount catalogs which include offers, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Willing to change your dates? Off-peak times provide significant savings.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacation goers of the same rental home. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual property owners generally offer clients the chance to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Information
Some people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Do you believe "Just 2 mi. to Parris Island & Beaufort, Walk to Beach & Shops - Sleeps 6 - Wi-FI" is the best rental property for your upcoming getaway? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many popular hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best rental properties are booked very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Decide on a Town and Date
Consensus can be tough among relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Remember that that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Does your selected rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that everyone understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your family will have to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you only desire a rental home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Do a few people in your party have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Remember to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines can vary. A number of restrictions might eliminate a prospective vacation property. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read Through The Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager straight away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the property was not as described, you'll want to note that in your comments.
Use Your Experience
Did everyone have a blast? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.