- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to Steel Magnolia (f/k/a The Southern Belle II), a premier refined holiday beach rental home at Fripp Island. I bought the home in September of 2018 and spent the last few months making upgrades and personal touches. This home has a long & successful rental history with many joyful renters under the previous owner. The Steel Magnolia is our family's "Happy Place!" We look forward to creating countless memories here for generations to come. Therefore, we take great pride in our home and are so excited to share it with your family. Our comfortable home will be ideal for your families’ Fripp holiday. We are confident that you will make memories that last a lifetime.
The home was designed and furbished by the leading home designers in Beaufort. As you approach our 5 Bedroom 4.5 Bath home that sleeps 12, you will be charmed by this Striking sensational Southern Home with its gracious and inviting front porch with Charleston-style columns and rockers that leads you into the front entry of this generous home. Once you step into our home, the vistas and nature surround you. Your breath will be taken away!
Our home has been designed to make your stay both pleasurable and appealing as possible. It is our enjoyment to give you a great opportunity to relax with your appreciated ones and to treasure the experience.
The first level of Steel Magnolia provides 2 master bedrooms. The first master bedroom offers a King-size Bedroom overlooking the golf course and ponds with an sea view setting. Waiting for you is your private bliss bathroom that includes our stone two-person walk in shower with its jetted spas. The granite vanity includes double bowl tops and old-world faucets.
On the other side of our home is the second master Queen-size bedroom with a private bath. The master bedrooms will have delight bath robes waiting for you and your adored ones.
The home is adorned with rich wood floors and crown molding all through the Foyer, the Great Room, and the Dining area. Our Dining area offers alluring vistas. You will have many great gatherings here. The Great room showcases a huge fireplace mantel as the focal point with a sizable LCD TV and surround sound for movie appreciation and great family viewing. We have also supplied movies for more family fun time options.
Our extravagance Gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops and high end stainless steel appliances are well supplied for all the ladies and gentlemen in the home to savor. The kitchen overlooks the Great room for great family gatherings.
For continuous enjoyment, the screened porch caters to the music lover with its Bose speakers. Adore all the scenery with piped in music from our XM satellite radio. As if that weren’t enough, there’s a huge outdoor outdoor space overlooking the golf course with the sea vistas in the background to sit and savor or do some great grilling on the new Weber grille.
At the top of the stairs, there’s a computer for your use. Plus you may bring your laptop as our home provides wireless internet. Direct TV will be in all the bedrooms for your appreciation. All linens pillows, linens, and towels will be the choice for your family.
On the second level of Steel Magnolia you will find 3 more bedrooms. One bedroom has a Queen bed with superior vistas and a sizable private bath. Another Queen Size bedroom leads out to a private outdoor space overlooking the golf courses, ponds, and sea. The outdoor space is a great place for private tanning or just reading a great rent. The 3rd bedroom has 2 bunk beds that will sleep 4 and a Jack and Jill Private Bath.
We want to make sure you are in comfort happiness. Our home provides your family with comfort and leisure. We’ve outfitted the home with a golf cart and a family ping pong table that will be waiting for the family tournaments. Also adore our double-sized outdoor shower.
This is the ideal home to appreciate all that Fripp has to offer. Amenity cards are available for buy so you and your family can have access to all that makes Fripp the ideal holiday spot! Just a fast 3 min. ride on the golf cart to adore the pristine beach and pools.
Come Be Our Guest!
Other Optional Charges:
Extra 6-person Golf Cart $195.00
Guest Club Amenity Cards
*Guest Club Cards Info*
Fripp Island Club Cards give visitors access to all Fripp Island Club Resort niceties. These include:
*Two 18-hole golf courses (named as a "100 Most exemplary Golf Resorts in North America" by Links Magazine).
*Ten-court Racquet club complex with year-round Tennis on eight soft Fast-Dry courts and two hard surface courts.
*A variety of on-island stores and eateries, including the fashionable Food Court.
*Nine shining swimming pools.
*Island Excursion Units (golf carts, beach bicycles, scooters, boats, etc.).
*A full service, deep water Marina.
*And more ...
A unit owner must be a Fripp Island Club member in order to offer Club Cards. Club Cards are mandatory to access all Fripp Island Club niceties. Owners who are NOT Fripp Island Club members CANNOT offer Club Cards to their visitors and therefore their visitors do NOT have access to the Fripp Island Club comforts. The Fripp Island Club member symbol in a unit listing only indicates that Club Cards are available for buy from that owner, and does NOT suggest that Club Cards are included with a stay. Please check with the unit owner and/or manager for details. Fripp Island Club Cards are mandatory for EACH guest 13 years or older when accessing a Fripp Island Club amenities. Childrens 12 and under do not need a card, but must be accompanied by an adult with a Club Guest card. All adults will be asked to show a Club Guest card when accessing a Fripp Island Club amenities.
Fripp Island Club Cards are mandatory for EACH guest 13 years or older when accessing a Fripp Island Club opulence. Childrens 12 and under do not need a card, but must be accompanied by an adult with a Club Guest card. All adults will be asked to show a Club Guest card when accessing a Fripp Island Club bliss.
Guest Club Card Prices
Member Unaccompanied Guest
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Seven-Day Card (4-7 days) $50/card
Three-Day Card (1-3 days) $35/card
Fall, Winter and Spring $35/$25/card
A Club Guest Card is mandatory for each guest over the age of 12 to access Resort Facilities.
Now that you've picked the Ideal Home, start Planning your Low Country Adventure!!
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF FUN THINGS TO DO ON FRIPP ISLAND
Fripp Island Bird Watching - Top Ten Things to Do on Fripp Island
What makes Fripp Island unique among South Carolina Resorts? EVERYTHING! Check out this ultimate to-do list and find out more about Fripp Island. From day trips around the area to golfing options galore, there is really something for everybody to savor on your next trip to South Carolina!
Top Ten Things to Do on Fripp Island
Feel a spectacular sunset while dining with your family at the Bonito Boathouse. Adore lowcountry favorites like She Crab Soup or Shrimp & Grits while overlooking the Marina and marsh.
Watch the sunrise over the Atlantic while strolling on the beach and shelling along the way.
Climb the Hunting Island Lighthouse (all 167 steps!) for a pretty view of the South Carolina coast.
Take a cruise aboard the Fripper II and go shelling, look for dolphins, learn about the waters surrounding Fripp or relish the sunset from the water.
Take a day trip to St. Helena where you can learn about the Gullah culture at the Penn Center, visit the Chapel of Ease or buy a handcrafted sweetgrass basket.
Make your life’s milestones remarkable when you celebrate them at Fripp Island.
Head into Beaufort where you can experience a carriage ride through the historic district, take a guided movie tour, visit one of the many art galleries or watch the river flow by from one of the many swings in Waterfront Park.
Visit the place where Marine’s are made when you attend a Friday graduation at Parris Island. Don’t miss the museum while you’re there.
Catch a double feature at the Hwy 21 Drive-In – one of very few left in the country!
Try your hand at fishing in the waters that Outdoor Life magazine called a “saltwater heaven.” Charter a fishing excursion, hit the inlet in a skiff or be a landlubber and fish Wardle’s Landing or the Bonito Bridge.
More Things to Do!
Pose for a silly picture with the alligator statue on the Beach Club lawn.
Catch a Pro Exhibition at the Racquet Club.
Play around at Sea Point and finish both the front and back nine against a backdrop of the Atlantic Sea.
Imagine pirates of old in Skull Inlet as you take in the view from Cabana Club while the children discover the mist cave and frog slide.
Walk Fripp’s own Audubon Trail on Porpoise Drive.
Appreciate a striking photo op of the shrimp boats at Gay Fish Company.
Remember your holiday forever when you take a family beach portrait.
Go birding and find out why Fripp Island has been named an Important Bird Area. See if you can spot wood storks, egrets, herons and many more species that call Fripp home.
Not sure where to start or what might suit your group most superb? Contact us today we are thrilled to help you plan your entire Fripp Island experience. Our local knowledge will help to make your next holiday to Fripp Island Resort memorable! You can also view our Fripp Island map to see where beach access points are, find great shopping, and more!
Unit owner is a licensed Realtor in SC & GA.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation properties provide Beaufort, SC area travel discount catalogs which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the itself. Search for these publications and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to take advantage of those wonderful activities at a possibly significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? The off-peak seasons frequently offer incredible rates on daily rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get promotions. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific groups of vacationers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. You will definitely get the best value from a home that most closely matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of medical emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to come across a rental home that fits their desires and price range.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners typically choose management companies to manage advertising, cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Before you start to book "Gorgeous Oceanview Fripp Home on Golf Course! Golf Cart & 2 Amenity Cards incl.", review our short list of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, SC vacation rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. A lot of groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Decide on a Town and Date
Consensus can be tough among family, but once this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Consider that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "Gorgeous Oceanview Fripp Home on Golf Course! Golf Cart & 2 Amenity Cards incl." suits your budget *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a costly rental home. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and collecting each party's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are bed linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do members of your crew have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds may be controlled. Read your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Several websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Read the Contract
Read the whole agreement and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Be sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed call the home manager without delay. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little bit. Regardless of whether you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The vacation home really should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be taken care of before leaving.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit travellers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific rental home. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to filter your search next time.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.2 miles