- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe've redone our mid-century church into a enormous, calming holiday rental. The Chapel on Waight exemplifies all that we appreciate about Beaufort –laid back yet luxe, close to everything but still peaceful, and central: the Chapel is a few blocks from the Beaufort River on a tree-lined street in a peaceful residential neighborhood. Walk or ride our beach cruisers into town past elegant antebellum mansions along superb waterfront Bay street. The Chapel is less than a mile from the downtown waterfront park- the center of everything -cafes, stores, fabulous eateries, bars and our extraordinary historical district. 4 brief blocks in the other direction puts you on the Spanish Moss Trail, ideal for walking, running, and cycling.
If you're in town for a Marine Graduation, an straighforward 6 mile drive down Ribaut road puts you at the gates of Parris Island. We are 17 miles from striking Hunting Island State park and give our visitors with a complimentary pass, beach chairs, beach towels, body boards, and beach toys. An hour south and you are in downtown Savannah, an hour and a half north puts you in superb Charleston. Beaufort is the ideal hub for day tripping!
The building was a church, so the main room is sizable, open and airy-tons of light filters through the original pebbled glass windows. It's laid out as follows:
THE MAIN ROOM is comprised of the Living/Dining/Kitchen areas, all open to each other and ideal for hanging out together. The dining area seats 6, a counter level bar seats 2, there is a a widescreen 42" TV with cable and high speed internet.
KITCHEN : thoroughly supplied, open and painless to maintain stainless steel countertops and appliances, coffee and tea bar, new cookware, silverware, dishwasher, a toaster and microwave... everything you need to prepare at home.
THE KING BEDROOM : The King Bedroom is generous, adorned with original watercolors, has very comfortable brand new linens, new Turkish towels, a generous on-suite bath with jetted tub and private access to a screened porch.
THE QUEEN BEDROOM: generously sized, also with brand new linens and towels, with a semi-private curtained-off sleeping nook with a single bed for an additional guest, a kid, or on suite bath and private access onto screened porch
FOURTH BED is a very peaceful living living room couch that sleeps one.
LAUNDRY ROOM : Guests have access to washer, dryer, laundry supplies, iron, and ironing board.
BACK YARD: Our private, latticed back patio is landscaped with tropical plants and includes a teak table and chairs, cafe lights, and a brand new gas grille.
SIDE PORCH: The Side porch is a screened in and accessible from both bedrooms and the street.
THE FRONT YARD is tremendous and has a graveled off street parking for 5 cars.
POOL AND FITNESS: We have an agreement with a close by health and wellness club-for $10.00 per day per guest you'll have access to alluring private club with a jr. olympic outdoor pool, weight room, exercise center, tennis courts , steam room , yoga, pilates, water aerobics and more.
Animals are welcome , subject to owner's approval with signed pet addendum and a 75.00 non returnable pet deposit.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area printed travel magazines which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or through a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. Look for these books and promotional books, as this allows visitors to enjoy those attractions at a frequently substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer phenomenal rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning guests of the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Is there a particular activity you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual home owners generally offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and variety of short-term rentals available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to find a rental home that meets their wishes and budget.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however most newcomers will be happy to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
How to find and reserve the right rental property:
Before you book " Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly!", examine our short checklist of factors to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many trendy hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Begin by choosing which specific area of Beaufort, SC you want to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Pick a Size
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom setup you should have. Try to remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your preferred week. It might be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your party will have to be responsible for collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you simply desire a vacation rental with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are bedsheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Commonly the older generation has trouble with staircases. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a four-legged friend? While quite a few rental homes permit dogs, rules and fees fluctuate per property. Many restrictions may eliminate a potential rental. Read your contract very carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
After the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exceptional rental properties, local companies offer excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Your best chance of a reduced rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read the Agreement
Read through the full agreement and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Once you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any fixes.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little bit. Even when you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental should really be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks full of pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Virtually all rental sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you should note that in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Did they love their rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next trip.