- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe've modernized our mid-century church into a big, peaceful holiday rental. The Chapel on Waight exemplifies all that we appreciate about Beaufort –laid back yet luxe, close to everything but still peaceful, and central: the Chapel is a few blocks from the Beaufort River on a tree-lined street in a peaceful residential neighborhood. Walk or ride our beach cruisers into town past superb antebellum mansions along handsome waterfront Bay street. The Chapel is less than a mile from the downtown waterfront park- the center of everything -cafes, stores, phenomenal eateries, bars and our striking historical district. 4 brief blocks in the other direction puts you on the Spanish Moss Trail, ideal for walking, running, and cycling.
If you're in town for a Marine Graduation, an straighforward 6 mile drive down Ribaut road puts you at the gates of Parris Island. We are 17 miles from polished Hunting Island State park and give our visitors with a complimentary pass, beach chairs, beach towels, body boards, and beach toys. An hour south and you are in downtown Savannah, an hour and a half north puts you in handsome Charleston. Beaufort is the ideal hub for day tripping!
The building was a church, so the main room is huge, open and airy-tons of light filters through the original pebbled glass windows. It's laid out as follows:
THE MAIN ROOM is comprised of the Living/Dining/Kitchen areas, all open to each other and ideal for hanging out together. The dining area seats 6, a counter level bar seats 2, there is a a widescreen 42" TV with cable and high speed internet.
KITCHEN : entirely supplied, open and smooth to maintain stainless steel countertops and appliances, coffee and tea bar, new cookware, silverware, dishwasher, a toaster and microwave... everything you need to prepare at home.
THE KING BEDROOM : The King Bedroom is generous, adorned with original watercolors, has very inviting brand new linens, new Turkish towels, a generous on-suite bath with jetted tub and private access to a screened porch.
THE QUEEN BEDROOM: generously sized, also with brand new linens and towels, with a semi-private curtained-off sleeping nook with a single bed for an additional guest, a kid, or on suite bath and private access onto screened porch
FOURTH BED is a very appealing living living room couch that sleeps one.
LAUNDRY ROOM : Guests have access to washer, dryer, laundry supplies, iron, and ironing board.
BACK YARD: Our private, latticed back patio is landscaped with tropical plants and includes a teak table and chairs, cafe lights, and a brand new gas grille.
SIDE PORCH: The Side porch is a screened in and accessible from both bedrooms and the street.
THE FRONT YARD is giant and has a graveled off street parking for 5 cars.
POOL AND FITNESS: We have an agreement with a close by health and wellness club-for $10.00 per day per guest you'll have access to chic private club with a jr. olympic outdoor pool, weight room, exercise center, tennis courts , steam room , yoga, pilates, water aerobics and more.
Animals are welcome , subject to owner's approval with signed pet addendum and a 75.00 non returnable pet deposit.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes provide Beaufort, SC area travel guides which include offers, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the merchant itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful attractions at a often significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-peak times offer up sizeable deals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of property management companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are practically designed to serve particular visitors, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and attractions you are most excited about.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to discover a vacation home that fits their desires and budget.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think " Historic Beaufort- Beautifully Renovated In-town Chapel-Pet Friendly!" is the perfect rental for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many popular destinations, In Beaufort, SC the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Many families plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Start by deciding which particular area of Beaufort, SC you prefer to browse, and the determine travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Does the preferred vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking an expensive rental. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What property features is the group trying to find? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, downtown, or near restaurants? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Optimal access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Almost all property postings include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Start your Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies offer you excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read the Entire Contract
Read the whole agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any needed fixes.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental property to ensure that you've collected all valuables.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but genuine in regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Did they love their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental unit. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience to help with another search.