- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 3
- DVD player
- Music library
- Video library
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Lobster/crab pot
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: No
- On the waterfront
- Outdoor furniture
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 3
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 3
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1000 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This beautiful waterfront carriage home on lady’s island overlooking factory creek, is on a one acre handsomely landscaped property, mins. from downtown Beaufort and the low country sea islands. There is a 150’ walkway, pier home, and floating dock for fishing. The waterfront view of a 2000-acre marsh, rivers, and creeks is spectacular.
Beaufort is a historic southern town surrounded by sea islands. The intra-coastal waterway, the Atlantic Ocean and a myriad of rivers and creeks wrap the islands with sunrises and sunsets unlike any other. It was named “best modest southern town” by southern living, “southern dream town” by Garden & Gun, “6 terrific towns on the water” by money magazine, and “American's happiest town” by coastal living magazine
Beaufort is an ideal vacation area, located just 12 miles from the ocean at Hunting Island, an hour from Hilton Head, Savannah, and Charleston. Its treasured coast includes the historic towns of Port Royal, Beaufort and Bluffton as well as Hilton Head Island. It is also made up of many smaller islands rich with the history and heritage of both the revolutionary and civil wars. Visitors are supplied a rich experience of history, culture, dining, annual events, cultural festivals, arts and outdoor recreation.
Henry chambers waterfront park winds along the glistening Beaufort River with a vista of marsh islands and waterways. Horse-drawn carriages transport through yesteryear in “the point”, an antebellum neighborhood where pretty mansions stand beneath moss-strewn oaks. Excellent eateries and boutique one-of-a-kind stores line historic bay street. Whether its fresh seafood, southern-style cooking or Gullah cuisine, there is a wide selection of local eateries to choose from. For the past quarter of a century Beaufort has served as the backdrop for many major motion photos, including Forrest Gump, the Big Chill, the Prince of Tides, and the Great Santini.
The carriage home is freshly constructed, and features a cavernous living area with Satellite TV, High Speed Internet, separate bedroom with queen sized bed, full kitchen with bar, bath, laundry, and a striking vaulted ceiling with professional interior design appointments. The waterfront and pier home are all entirely accessible to guests. A full- service marina is located 1/4 mile from the property on Factory Creek. Family Animals may be allowed under special circumstances.
About the Area
This cottage is located on the waterfront and in an area with great shopping. John Mark Verdier House and Thomas Hepworth House are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Bay Street and Port Royal Farmers Market. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- To get the best value, consider changing your vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer great weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic.
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your vacation rental six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies often offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many management companies supply Beaufort, SC area travel guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental in Beaufort:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your vacation dates, and select a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Charming Waterfront Carriage House has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is generally available online. Otherwise, call the property manager before booking the property. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? If so, use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
- If your family is bringing pets, filter your search for a property that allows animals. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a terrific resource to find the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your trip.
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a wonderful stay? Many rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.