About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to the Sanctuary of Sea Horse Annex!
This 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom sleeps 8 comfortably, has a screened in porch, huge shaded back deck with great vistas of the Atlantic Ocean with rocking chairs and a gas grille. Just a walk away, you’ll travel a wooden boardwalk, through the ever-growing dunes leading straight to the white sands of heaven.
Upon your return from the beach, you will find a sizable out-door shower, accepting you to wash away all the bits of the beach that accompanied you home. No need to worry about where to set your towel, we have pegs for those! And just in case you missed a spot or need to freshen up, we’ve installed a mirror for your enjoyment.
Our home offers an open floor plan with plenty of living spaces inside and out so you and your guests can appreciate each other's company. Be it calming in the rockers on the outdoor porch or having your morning drink at the table on the screened in porch, you will not be disappointed with the surrounding sounds of chirping birds in the swaying trees. Inside and outside living can conveniently be accomplished just by opening the sliders, where you’ll find fresh, newer living room furnishings, to relax the nighttime away. And just behind the couch is the dining room with a table, able to seat 8.
We have an additional chest freezer in the laundry room for your additional frozen items and back up ice.
In The Master, you’ll savor a comfortable queen size bed, looking out onto the tropical landscape, while also having access to the screened porch. It is my favorite spot to relax and read. If a little more privacy is what you want, lock the door and drop the shades to turn it into your own getaway. And when it’s time to freshen up, enjoy your own private en-suite bath with a walk-in, glass shower.
There are 2 more bedrooms in the home, one with 2 cozy queen beds and the other with 2 twins. These 2 rooms share a Jack and Jill bathroom between them.
Golf cart is supplied. Bicycles and a beach wagon make this an ideal place for beach vacation on Fripp Island. Professionally managed with a team that is readily available to accommodate your questions or any needs that might arise.
A few notes about the island - We are club members which means that the Club luxury cards are available for purchase.
The Fripp Island Club requires luxury cards for you to frequent their amenities. These amenities include golfing, playing tennis, going to the eateries on Fripp, going to the swimming pools and the exercise room.
The conveniences card prices for stays that are 1-4 days are $35 during the summer months and $25 during Fall, Winter and Spring.
The conveniences card prices for stays that are 5-8 days are $50 during the summer months and $35 during Fall, Winter and Spring.
Each guest 13 years or older must carry an luxury card to access the Club's facilities.
There are a few places on Fripp Island that you do not need an luxury card. SpringTide Market is at the front of the island that has a enormous menu at their deli. From breakfast sandwiches to family BBQ meals, there is a lot to choose from. There is also a deli at the Marina that serves sandwiches and salads. The Fripp Ship and Mango stores are fun to go into for your ideal souvenir.
*Golf cart riding is the preferred method of transportation around the Island. Most people arrive for their vacation, park their car and use the golf cart for the majority of the stay. If you would like to order an additional golf cart for your stay, we suggest that you order the cart right after you make your vacation plans as the golf carts are fast to be all booked up. There are many companies to choose from, most deliver to your door.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is near the beach. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the best Beaufort, SC vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- To get the best value, try changing your family's Beaufort, SC vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites typically offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have discounts for local accommodations and attractions.
Planning and choosing your prefect Beaufort, SC rental home:
- Begin by choosing your potential vacation weeks and a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Tropical, Oceanview, Golf cart & Bikes, super clean, a Fripp Island favorite has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available online. Otherwise, call the property owner before booking the vacation home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If there's a specific Beaufort, SC beach you love, keep an eye out for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the host about your furry family members before booking.
Some things to know before you go:
- Store the owner's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your home life. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let burglars spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.9 miles