- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smart TV
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property**Check our reviews!
Recently remodeled in early 2021, The Palmetto Wind includes an refreshed Kitchen and Master Bath, new floor, furnishings, cabinets and linens.
1 King Master Bedroom (upstairs)
1 Queen + a Full/Twin Bunkbed (upstairs)
1 Queen (Main Level)
min. occupancy: 8
Parking: Up to 2 cars
All bedrooms have private bathrooms and balconies.
Dazzling Vistas of the Sea, Inlet and Marsh.
Appreciate your own private beach for a back yard.
On a peaceful street (Veranda Beach Drive), you are just a brief walk to the Camp Fripp Activity Center, Wardle's Landing and the Cabana Club (which has 3 pools, a restaurant, pool bar and spa/salon). Club Facilities are open seasonally. Check with the resort for hours of operation. Amenity Club cards mandatory to use Resort facilities.
Intelligent TV's (in two guest rooms and living room)
Cable TV (Master and Living room)
Well outfitted kitchen
Enclosed garage and driveway parking for up to 2 cars
We adore our beach home and are delighted to welcome visitors to share the marvelous beauty and magic of Fripp Island. Vistas are from four porches/balconies of the home with appealing furnishings to appreciate the viewing of either the sea or marsh.
The Palmetto Wind is in the ideal location. In addition to the ridiculous vistas and backyard beach, families prefer The Palmetto Wind due to the multiple activities within walking distance. Camp Fripp offers arts and crafts and outdoor activities for the children. Wardle's Landing is just a 3 min. walk and ideal for fishing or catching your crabs for dinner. 2 great golf courses on the island.
Golf carts, bicycles, boats etc. are available to rent on island or close by rental centers. Amenity Club cards are mandatory to rent from the resort.
Beaches are just a brief distance away.
We look forward to welcoming you to Fripp Island and The Palmetto Wind! We can make your reservation online and e-mail you a contract within 24 hours. Our home rents from Saturday to Saturday. We are all about communication and service to make your holiday the premium ever! You can reach us by phone/text most anytime.
Please let us know how we may be of more help to plan your ideal hideaway!
**Fripp 'Amenity Club Cards' are MANDATORY for all rental visitors (13 and over) who plan to rent bicycles and carts from the resort, as well as use island facilities such as golf courses, tennis courts, pools, eateries, and club homes. The price for these cards are $50/person/week during the Summer season and $35/person/week in other seasons.
Club Cards are not supplied in the weekly rental fee. If you would like to buy Amenity Club Cards please advise and we will make arrangements for you to pick them up at the Club office when you arrive.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental homes supply Beaufort, SC area promotional books which include money-saving coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to modify your trip dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing deals.
- Several management companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental home. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to discover a rental which fits their expectations and spending budget.
The vast majority of rental homes in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some ideas and tricks to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and book the right rental home:
Do you think "The Palmetto Breeze, Ocean View " is the best vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, SC vacation rentals start booking very early. To ensure the very best choice of homes, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, SC rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for families to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Start by deciding which specific area of Beaufort, SC you prefer to explore, and the determine trip dates.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you'll need. Try to remember that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain "The Palmetto Breeze, Ocean View " fits your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving an expensive rental property. One individual in your party needs to be given the task of collecting repayments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Do you just desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Will the property have bikes and body boards available during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do individual people in your group have special needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Although quite a few rental homes permit pets or animals, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds might be limited. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
As soon as the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, travelers will have to pay state taxes when booking "The Palmetto Breeze, Ocean View ", as well as various other additional fees that may be required based upon their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Rental home management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental web sites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but completely honest in regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a blast? Maybe everything turned out to be wonderful and you are all set to reserve the rental for next season. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.5 miles