- Fripp Island
- 8 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMy name is Ben Hays and I care for this excellent unit. It will be my comfort to welcome you to this big, exhilarating home. The home, containing nearly 5,000 square feet of living space, is designed to accommodate a enormous family, a family reunion or a wedding. It sleeps up to 24 visitors in beds and is virtually unsurpassed with regard to niceties and includes you may want. The home has just been thoroughly redecorated and each bed room has its own unique decor. Bath towels and linens are decorated and the linens are 450 thread count that you may wish to take home. Please don t. The very sizable kitchen is supplied with every charming appreciation, including 2 fridges, and a separate ice maker. There is an alcove with a separate breakfast area. The huge dining room seats 24 at 3 separate tables and is just off the kitchen. The yard includes 2 tons totaling about 1 1/3 acres which can give parking.
Fripp Island is a 3,000-acre barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, gets its name from swashbuckling English Captain Johannes Fripp. Legend has it that pirates, including Captain Fripp, used the island as a cloistered hideaway. Located 19 miles east of Beaufort, Fripp Island consists of a three and a half miles beach and wildlife sanctuary. You will see many varieties of feathered friends, including eagles, egrets and pelicans, about 300 deer that will eat out of your hand, raccoons and alligators in most lagoons. Watch your dog!
My visitors come primarily for the 3 miles of white sand beach and Fripp is unmatched as a recreation and holiday destination. Our island has multiple pool complexes, including an Olympic pool, 3 pool complexes that are sea front and one with waterfalls. There are clay and asphalt tennis courts, eateries, the 2 superb and challenging championship golf courses and a modest exercise center. And yes, shopping for the ladies. Guest cards are available and mandatory for access to these facilities and units from the resort although there are two places you may buy meals without guest cards. There is a marina where boats may be docked or rented. Deep sea fishing charters are available.
ABOUT FRIPP ISLAND:
The most seaward of the handsome barrier islands of South Carolina, Fripp Island is 3000 acres of natural beauty. Designated as a Wildlife Sanctuary, more than 175 species of feathered friends live along the sea and Great Salt Marsh. Any given day you can spot majestic brown pelicans flying in formation or great blue herons, snowy white egrets and wood storks stalking their next meal. Among the native wildlife you’ll find raccoons, alligator and an abundance of deer, more than 250 at last count. The deer captivate young and old alike and will literally pose next to you for photographs. There are Egret and Eagle nests. The sea abounds in bass, trout, flounder, grouper and blue crabs. Dolphins play in the waters surrounding Fripp Island. Even the endangered loggerhead turtle makes the island a nesting ground laying as many as 125 eggs in one nest. The forests here are covered with live oaks, palmettos, pines, flowering magnolias and oleanders.
The beauty of Fripp Island has been immortalized in scenes from Forrest Gump, The Prince of Tides and The Jungle Rent. Fripp Received the Prestigious National Wildlife Award and in May 2013, Fripp became the fourth community in South Carolina and only the 68th in the country certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a “Community Wildlife Habitat.” This national recognition confirms what our visitors and residents already know.
The adjacent Hunting State Park has much to offer. The fishing Pier and nature center are just across the Fripp Inlet. There are bicycle trails, a light home and much more.
Many movies have been filmed on Fripp Island and close by Beaufort. These include Forrest Gump, The Great Santini, The Big Chill, GI Jane, Platoon and Forces of Nature.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guides with promotions for lodging, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds of people and lower your expenses? Off-peak times provide substantial deals.
- Many management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or returning visitors to the same rental home. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most interested in.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the range and variety of short term properties available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to locate a vacation home that meets their wishes and price range.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the owner..
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
How to find and book the best vacation home:
Do you believe "THE BEST OF FRIPP ISLAND; WONDERFUL FAMILY REUNION OR WEDDING HOME" is the perfect rental for your next visit? Read this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many popular hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best rental properties are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Quite often, the hardest part of scheduling your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be easier.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Bear in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Make a Spending Limit
Make certain "THE BEST OF FRIPP ISLAND; WONDERFUL FAMILY REUNION OR WEDDING HOME" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make certain each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your group must be responsible for collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you primarily want a rental home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or close to wildlife? Will the property have bikes and beach toys available for use during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Special Factors to consider
Do individual members of your group have special needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your companion! Even though quite a few vacation homes allow canine companions, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Read your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
After the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective during the off-peak season when many rental homes sit empty.
Read through the Total Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems right after you arrive. Call the property manager right away to report your findings. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Be considerate of the local community. Often, neighboring households are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a bit. Even though you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental home really should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, excessive beach sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be remedied before leaving.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but completely honest with regards to stay. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Did everyone have a good time? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.2 miles