- 8 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMy name is Ben Hays and I care for this incredible unit. It will be my comfort to welcome you to this sizable, lovely home. The home, containing nearly 5,000 square feet of living space, is designed to accommodate a huge family, a family reunion or a wedding. It sleeps up to 24 visitors in beds and is virtually unsurpassed with regard to luxuries and includes you may want. The home has just been completely redecorated and each bed room has its own unique decor. Bath towels and linens are furbished and the linens are 450 thread count that you may wish to take home. Please don t. The very sizable kitchen is supplied with every beautiful comfort, including 2 fridges, and a separate ice maker. There is an alcove with a separate breakfast area. The enormous dining room seats 24 at 3 separate tables and is just off the kitchen. The yard includes 2 tons totaling about 1 1/3 acres which can give parking.
Fripp Island is a 3,000-acre barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, gets its name from swashbuckling English Captain Johannes Fripp. Legend has it that pirates, including Captain Fripp, used the island as a cloistered hideaway. Located 19 miles east of Beaufort, Fripp Island consists of a three and a half miles beach and wildlife sanctuary. You will see many varieties of feathered friends, including eagles, egrets and pelicans, about 300 deer that will eat out of your hand, raccoons and alligators in most lagoons. Watch your dog!
My visitors come primarily for the 3 miles of white sand beach and Fripp is unmatched as a recreation and holiday destination. Our island has numerous pool complexes, including an Olympic pool, 3 pool complexes that are sea front and one with waterfalls. There are clay and asphalt tennis courts, eateries, the 2 superb and challenging championship golf courses and a modest exercise center. And yes, shopping for the ladies. Guest cards are available and mandatory for access to these facilities and units from the resort although there are two places you may buy meals without guest cards. There is a marina where boats may be docked or rented. Deep sea fishing charters are available.
ABOUT FRIPP ISLAND:
The most seaward of the appealing barrier islands of South Carolina, Fripp Island is 3000 acres of natural beauty. Designated as a Wildlife Sanctuary, more than 175 species of feathered friends live along the sea and Great Salt Marsh. Any given day you can spot majestic brown pelicans flying in formation or great blue herons, snowy white egrets and wood storks stalking their next meal. Among the native wildlife you’ll find raccoons, alligator and an abundance of deer, more than 250 at last count. The deer captivate young and old alike and will literally pose next to you for photographs. There are Egret and Eagle nests. The sea abounds in bass, trout, flounder, grouper and blue crabs. Dolphins play in the waters surrounding Fripp Island. Even the endangered loggerhead turtle makes the island a nesting ground laying as many as 125 eggs in one nest. The forests here are covered with live oaks, palmettos, pines, flowering magnolias and oleanders.
The beauty of Fripp Island has been immortalized in scenes from Forrest Gump, The Prince of Tides and The Jungle Rent. Fripp Received the Prestigious National Wildlife Award and in May 2013, Fripp became the fourth community in South Carolina and only the 68th in the country certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a “Community Wildlife Habitat.” This national recognition confirms what our visitors and residents already know.
The adjacent Hunting State Park has much to offer. The fishing Pier and nature center are just across the Fripp Inlet. There are bicycle trails, a light home and much more.
Many movies have been filmed on Fripp Island and close by Beaufort. These include Forrest Gump, The Great Santini, The Big Chill, GI Jane, Platoon and Forces of Nature.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel catalogs which include deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by a relationship between the management company and the vendor itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds of people and cut costs? Shoulder seasons offer impressive promotions.
- Many management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat visitors to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental properties are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it's oceanside units with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their clients an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You might be surprised to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to suit their Beaufort, SC crew, from relaxing condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting guests with booking, checking-in, cleaning, as well as routine service issues that may arise.
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many novices will be delighted to know that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Before you book "THE BEST OF FRIPP ISLAND; WONDERFUL FAMILY REUNION OR WEDDING HOME", examine our brief checklist of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, SC vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. A lot of groups prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your trip is deciding where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else is simplier and easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the group. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
Does your selected rental fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly vacation property. One member of your company will have to be responsible for collecting payments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Does the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or close to shopping? Will the home have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a furry companion? Although many vacation rentals allow dogs and cats, rules and fees vary per rental. Many limitations may possibly eliminate a potential rental property. Study your contract carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are included.
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match visitors with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
Read the complete contract and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. We also recommend promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical repairs. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, neighboring households are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Many rental web sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but straightforward in regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be easy. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better know how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.2 miles