- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Boat on site
- Car required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Close to skiing
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
859 Water Oak Cove is a roomy 4 bedroom, 3 full bath home, located on a lagoon in the center of the island, with simple access to all amenities, making this the ideal location for a family vacation. The home is newly refreshed (January 2014), adding 2 new bedrooms and a full bath on the second floor, a huge screened in porch overlooking the lagoon, and a humongous outdoor shower.
Our private neighborhood pool, complete with a full sized tree home, is just around the corner.
Fripp Island features 2 championship golf courses (“100 Finest Golf Resorts in North America” – by Links Magazine). Our Ocean Creek Course was remodeled in 2013 with new paspalum turf, so thick and smooth it acts like tiny tees holding your ball at precisely the right height. Come play the same turf the pros played at the PGA Championship!
We have 3 1/2 miles of unspoiled and uncrowded wide beach.
8 clay and 2 hard tennis courts – lighted for play after dark.
The marina offers many water sports, including fishing, kayaking and paddle boarding.
The beach club offers Starbuck’s coffee, ice cream, pizza, chicken, sandwiches, shopping, exercise center, business center, other pools and tennis.
We are a short walk or golf cart ride from the beach, the marina, and other resort amenities. Or you might hop on the golf cart for a 5 min. trip to either of the championship golf courses.
Amenity cards can be ordered for additional cost. They are required for access to the eateries, golf, tennis and pools other than our neighborhood pool.
Four seat golf cart is supplied with rental.
WiFi (wireless internet).
Thanks for your consideration.
If you LOVE Hilton Head, but don’t like the Hilton Head hordes, Fripp Island is your kind of place!
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation rental experience:
When to visit Fripp Island & When to reserve a Beaufort, SC rental home:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in Fripp Island. To book the best vacation home within budget, we highly recommend booking in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at Beaufort, SC restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have offers and deals for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Narrow your Search:
- First, have your group commit to dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Renovated Home, Water View, With Internet Golf Cart has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available online. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before you book the home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to establish what is right for your family.
- If there's an individual Beaufort, SC beach you simply love, look for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or charges applied to your invoice.
Advice for a terrific stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your . Put the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a fantastic time? Many rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.6 miles