About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
TWO BEDROOM ground floor one level condo just 75 yards to the beach. May also be rented with three bedrooms (see ad 19988)
Two Fripp Island luxury cards are supplied with a 7 nighttime rental. Additional cards may be purchased at the Fripp Island club member price in advance of stay. In addition, the Resort offers 3 nighttime/4 day cards and monthly cards which may be purchased through the owner in advance of stay. Amenity cares are required to use all of the Fripp Island Resort amenities: eateries, pools, gold, tennis, rental of bicycles, kayaks, etc.
New den furnishings, rug, throw pillows 2016. New floors in living area and bedrooms 2014.
Our villa has been completely modernized as of 2009. New floors throughout living areas and bedrooms 2009, completely refreshed bath with tumbled granite accents 2007, master bath w/slate accents 2009, completely remodeled kitchen including lighting, tile floors, granite countertops, tumbled granite backsplash, and new cabinets 2007. All new furnishings in 2005 and 2006,living room complete with new 37 in HD LCD Flat screen TV(2016) cable with DVR, and DVD, dining room, King and Queen bedroom with LCD TVs 2009. New lighting/ceiling fans in all BR 2009, new windows and doors 2009, plantation shutters 2009, photos - everything you could want in a vacation RENTAL AND, *** BEST OF ALL IT'S JUST 75 YARDS TO THE BEACH ***.
Conveniently located to all of the island amenities and the beach, our Captain John Fripp Villa is ideal for your family's summer vacation. This ocean view condominium is just 75 yards from the ocean and is conveniently located next door to the Beach Club, two pools, shopping, Racquet Club, freshly updated Exercise Center, bicycle units, and the Lil' Dipper where you can pick up your pizza or favorite flavor of ice cream.
Our ocean view villa is located on Fripp’s best beach in the ONLY area on Fripp Island with beach available at all tides. You can walk out to the ocean and access the beach using the private sidewalk and beach access. Appreciate the ocean view and breeze while sitting on the covered patio or grilling your favorite foods.
Our villa is ideal for a family or group of friends. Each of the two master bedrooms enjoys a private bath, one with a king and one with a queen-sized bed. The third bedroom contains bunk beds with a double on the bottom and a twin on the top.
Fripp Island is the South's best-kept secret! Located only 15 nautical miles north of Hilton Head, Fripp is a three and one-half-mile-long, secluded, private island, designated as a nature preserve. Just a short drive to some of our country's most historic sites in Beaufort, Charleston, and Savannah, you will soon see why this area has been chosen as the location for top Hollywood movies, including Forest Gump, Prince of Tides, The Big Chill, The Great Santini, and Jungle Book.
You can 'kick back and relax' or choose from a variety of active sports: fishing, golfing at George Cobb's Ocean Point Golf Course or Davis Appreciate's Ocean Creek Golf Course (freshly awarded four and one-half stars by Golf Digest Magazine), or play tennis on one of ten Fast-Dry or hard courts. An educational Nature Center is located on the island for kids of all ages to savor. Camp Fripp and Wee Links Golf are a must for the kids.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this condo is near the beach. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and water skiing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking and cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental booking tips:
When to go & When to book:
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The earlier you can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved early. Booking your vacation home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Summer time is high season in Fripp Island. Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides contain deals for local accommodations and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Begin by selecting your potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Oceanview *Total Renovation*Great Beach Location* has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before reserving the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some rentals allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property management company about pets before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the property manager's phone number to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few problems.
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let burglars ruin your trip.
- Make a record of any issues with the property at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your life at home. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all of your things. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on great ratings to drive future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.