- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyAbsolutely Gorgeous Home with Unbelievable Vistas that change throughout the day!!!
49 reviews, all 5 star Exceptional!!! Here is the latest:
> “Hooked on Higher Porpoise”
> My family just got back from spending an striking week at Higher Porpoise. Ruth Ann and Tony went above and beyond to make it such a agreeable and inviting experience, from the present basket with the yummy Montana tea, wine and personalized “Higher Porpoise” coffee mugs to including all the accommodations we could possibly need in a holiday rental!
> The vistas from the front porch of this home are radiant, and they can be seen throughout the living area and main floor bedrooms! The kitchen is well-supplied with everything you could possibly need to prepare all of your meals there. It includes generous pots and pans, dishes, knives, silverware, mixing bowls, etc. We cooked 90% of our meals in the home and NEVER missed anything from home!
> The home is delightfully decorated, yet comfortable and appealing. It has been refreshed since some of the photos were posted. There is a bunk bed plus a queen in one of the main floor bedrooms and a brand new pool table downstairs, which was a hit with the teenagers.
> There was plenty of room for everybody including 3 adults, 2 older teens and a 13 year old. The downstairs area was ideal for the teens to have a space of their own. The two golf carts that were included in the rental were a favorite of the older teens and the bicycles were a favorite of the moms and my 13 year old daughter!
> The wildlife is substantial on the island and in the front and backyard! We were greeted by a family of dolphin in the water out front upon arrival and a family of deer in the backyard! There is a bald eagle that frequents a tree in the back and can be seen daily on a sandbar out on the water! And make sure you see a sunrise while you are there. You will not be disappointed. We can’t wait to go back to Fripp and stay at Higher Porpoise! Thank you, Ruth Ann and Tony!
Four Bedroom House sits elevated above the Atlantic Sea.
Fishing boats and Dolphins pass by so close you can see the Dolphins feed and blow through their blowholes often with babies following.
As the tide changes throughout the day so do the vistas. Something is always putting on a show, whether it's the Sunrise, Eagles and Ospreys catching Fish in their talons, Deer walking or running by, Fishermen catching Crabs or Fish, or the Dolphins!!!
It's really magnificant to watch from the 4 Rocking Chairs on the roomy front porch and balconies ( 4 more Rocking Chairs) while you sip your favorite drink, relax, read, or appreciate your family and friends.
This home is on the 18th fairway of Sea Point Golf Course. You can watch golfers tee off from the 18th, or you can yourself.
The Beach is close by and there is a Private Outside Shower attached to the back of the home to wash the sand off when you return.
Swimming Pools? The Fripp Island Club alone includes Nine shining pools.
The Cabana Club offers Multiple choices-a Magical lagoon-style pool with Waterfalls, Cascading Flowers, Islands and Caves, an Oval Pool and a Childrens' Pool with an Giant Frog Slide.
Club Cards are available through the owners. From Memorial Day to Labor Day they are $50.00 each for a full seven days. Childrens under 13 years of age do not need cards for access, but must be accompanied by an adult. Off-season they are only $35.00 for a full seven days. They are worth the money as they accept you to access Golf, Pools, Eateries, Marina, Units, and so much more.
We used to own a elegant restaurant so the new kitchen is well appointed with everything you need to create fabulous Meals. Fresh Shrimp, Oysters, Crabs, Grouper, and other Seafood is available for buy close by. Cook in the kitchen or on the new top of the line Weber gas grille. We can hook you up with new Crabs at a reasonable price. It pays to have connections!!!
There is a Wine Fridge, superb new dishwasher, plenty of counter space, and many odds and ends you won't find in other homes. Fun dishes and a great blender for those "Jimmy Buffet" drinks!
The Furnishings is alluring. Having stayed in Vacation Rental By Owner homes before we have had experience as to what is dazzling, and we have seen the other side as well. There are beautiful wood floors in the living room! We have appointed this home to please others. Our private housekeeper prides herself in being the best and maintains the home remarkably well. She believes "good enough seldom is"!
There are 3 brand new Intelligent TV's in the home with probably the Fastest Internet you've ever seen. If there's a rainy day you might want to access Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, or any streaming you have an account for.
Downstairs ( just freshly colored) there is a Full Bath, Combination Bedroom, Game-room, and Entertainment Room with tons of Games, Puzzles, a Ping Pong Table, Wii, and 2 Couches for enjoyment.
There are 4 New Bicycles ( Feb. 2020), 2 Men's and 2 Ladies in the Bicycle Room off the Garage.
Two Yamaha Golf Carts ( 2018) ARE PROVIDED in your stay ( this saves you big bucks)! We bought these because Yamaha is the most exemplary and most reliable.
Two 18-hole golf courses (named as a "100 Finest Golf Resorts in North America" by Links Magazine).
4 Bedroom Home (exceptional new ( Feb. 2020) window treatments throughout...
3 Full Bathrooms.
Enormous parking including a 3 Car Garage.....
We believe we have everything you, family, and friends will need to have a spectacular holiday on Fripp Island. Please, if you have any questions, let us know. We pride ourselves in getting back with you as quickly as possible.
Wishing you a 5 Star Feel at Higher Porpoise" (507 Porpoise Drive)!
Ruth Ann & Tony Marchi
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel magazines which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons provide impressive discounts.
- Several property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most longing for during your stay? If there's a particular Beaufort, SC atteaction that you love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer clients the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Vacation Rental Information
Some people are surprised to discover just how many vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Beaufort, SC family, from relaxed condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and practical experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many novices will be happy to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Where to find and reserve a great rental home:
Before you start to book "AMAZING OCEAN VIEWS! May 22-28 now available!", examine our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Beaufort, SC the best vacation rentals are booked early. To guarantee the greatest selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Beaufort, SC vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Town and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Beaufort, SC you prefer to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Try to remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Confirm that "AMAZING OCEAN VIEWS! May 22-28 now available!" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to reserving a costly vacation property. Typically, one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What property features is the group interested in? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Special Things to consider
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of comparable properties that fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, nearby homes are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If your property and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest with regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? We hope this guide steered you to a great home away from home. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.1 miles