- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIn this Section
1. Unit Description
2. We See’um Units, LLC (Allison & Bob Brower)
3. Online Calendars & Personal Assistance
4. Booking, Payments & Arrival
5. Information necessary to complete your Rental Agreement
6. Golf Carts for Rent through We See’um Units, LLC
7. Fripp Island Club Guest Cards
8. Fripp Island Car Passes
9. Good to Know
1. New Haven Villa 657 is all one level & offers vistas of the Atlantic Sea & Sea Point Pool. It has granite counter tops & stainless appliances in the kitchen. The upsized living area & dining area offer an open concept. This Villa offers 3 Bedrooms. The Master Bedroom has an attached full bath. The 2nd full bath is shared and accessed between Bedrooms 2 & 3.
2. We See’um , LLC
We are Allison & Bob Brower. We began our work journey when we bought Beach Club Villa 167 & started renting it through Vacation Rental By Owner along with our first unit Beach Club Villa 190. Soon after, a Fripp neighbor asked if we would manage the units for their home. Since 2008, we have continued to grow. We are unit managers licensed through the State of South Carolina. We manage thirty plus units & rent golf carts. We live on the island & strive to give personal attention to the units we manage & to the visitors who stay with us &/or rent golf carts from us. In the spring of 2017, we hired our first full time employee, Benjamin Parrish “BJ”. Prior to joining our company BJ worked as the Excursions Manager for Fripp Island Resort. BJ is now a licensed unit manager working with our unit owners & unit visitors.
We See’um Units, LLC offers home and villa units from two to eight bedrooms. Our units offer a variety of vistas including sea, marsh, pond & golf course. Our units offer niceties such as modren kitchens, jetted tubs, walk-in tiled showers, screened porches, decks, flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi & more. With all the options, we hope you will find the ideal place for an delightful and calming holiday with us.
3. Online Calendars & Personal Assistance
We See’um Units, LLC manages thirty plus units. If you see a unit you like & the unit is booked for the dates you prefer, we hope you will look a little closer & hopefully find another one of our units that will be as good or better for your needs.
Due to Vacation Rental By Owner/Home Away standards we are only able to correspond through Vacation Rental By Owner/Home Away until the renting fee is paid. If the unit you choose is not available, we can reply through Vacation Rental By Owner/Home Away & direct you to other units. Once you find a unit & pay the Vacation Rental By Owner/Home Away service fee we will be able to correspond with you through direct methods & help with other questions such as renting a golf cart, purchasing club guest cards, parking passes, questions specific to the unit &/or Fripp Island.
4. Booking, Payments & Arrival
A. Find the unit that meets your expectations, confirm the dates & pay through Vacation Rental By Owner.
B. Make contact with We See’um Units, LLC to Complete our We See’um Units, LLC rental agreement & secure any additional niceties such as golf carts & resort guest cards.
C. Mail your signed rental agreement & final deposit (if applicable) to We See’um Units, LLC to arrive sixty (60) days before the day of check-in. It is important the signed rental agreement is supplied, with your check, so we know where to apply the balance.
D. On the day your holiday begins, arrive at the Fripp Island Security Gate, stop & pick-up your car pass.
E. Proceed to your rental unit at the appropriate check-in time (check-in information & address of unit will be on your rental agreement). The front door of the unit will be unlocked or you will be given a code for the lock box. Island information materials will be on the table. If supplied in your rental, golf cart keys &/or Fripp Island Club Guest Cards will also be on the table.
5. Information necessary to complete your Rental Agreement & Deposit to hold the Unit
- First & last name of the person to be named on the contract.
- Address of the unit you have chosen.
- Dates you want to visit.
- Do you want to rent a golf cart(s), 4-passenger or 6-passenger?
- Do you want to buy Fripp Island Resort Guest cards? How many?
- How many car passes do you need for cars parking at the unit? What is the first & last name of a person in each car who can show their driver’s license at the Fripp Island Security Gate to pick-up the car pass(s)?
6. Golf Carts for Rent through We See’um Units, LLC
Fripp Island is three and a half miles long and a mile wide at its widest point. The size of Fripp makes for a great golf cart community. A golf cart is the ideal way to travel and discover what the island offers plus no baskets of sand to vacuum from your car after holiday.
In addition to holiday unit, We See’um Units, LLC rents golf carts. We offer four & six seat carts in both gas & electric. We deliver and pick-up our carts. Discounts may apply for multiple carts, rent terms longer than a week & during the off season. You do not have to rent one of our units to rent our golf carts but we do offer a discounted rate to visitors of our units.
7. Fripp Island Resort Guest Cards
While some only want the calm of sun, sand & sea, others look for more activity. Fripp Island Resort offers guest cards for buy. Guest cards give visitors access to all club niceties. The Fripp Island Resort offers two golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, eateries, bars & more.
A guest card is mandatory per person when savoring resort comforts. Cards are not assigned so they can be shared if luxuries are savored at different times. Childrens thirteen & under are not mandatory to have a guest card but need to be accompanied with an adult who has a guest card.
8. Fripp Island Car Passes
Fripp Island is a gated community. Upon arrival, a car pass is included to visitors at the security gate. Security will request the driver’s license of the person whose name is on the car pass.
When completing your reservation, the first & last name as it appears on the driver’s license, of one person from each car is requested. The person does not have to be the driver upon arrival but should be able to give the driver’s license to security. The total number of car passes available is individual to each unit.
9. Good to Know
Prior to Arrival/Reservations – We See’um Investors, LLC accepts checks, credit cards, cash, cashier’s checks and money orders. For renting, we accept a deposit through credit card (no processing fee). Final payment must be received sixty (60) days prior to check-in or before. A processing fee applies for final payment if paid by credit card. The fee is not charged for any of the other forms of payment.
Cancellation Policy – If the Tenant cancels this Lease at least sixty (60) days prior to the Term commencement, Tenant shall pay a penalty of seventy-five percent (75%) of the initial payment & taxes & the balance shall be refunded to the Tenant. The initial payment & taxes become thoroughly nonrefundable if the Tenant cancels less than sixty (60) days prior to the Term of Commencement. The landlord may cancel this Lease prior to the Term Commencement for any reason whatsoever. The Landlord shall refund any rent and taxes that had been paid in advance. The events agree that such refund shall be the Tenant’s sole remedy.
Arrival – Fripp Island is a gated community. When you cross the Fripp Island Bridge you will arrive at the guard gate. Stop at the gate to pick up your car pass. The car pass should remain in your car window for the duration of your stay. To pick-up the pass you will need to present the driver’s license of the person whose name was given as the designated person to pick-up the pass.
Check-In 4:00 PM – After picking up your car pass, you may proceed directly to your rental if it is check-in time or after. The front door will be unlocked for you and the keys will be on the table or you will be given a code for the lock box. If you have guest cards and/or a golf cart the cards and/or golf cart keys will be on the table. If the keys to the golf cart are not on the table & you rented a cart, please check the golf cart cup holder for the keys.
Check-Out 10:00 AM – Leave the keys to the unit on the dining room table and golf cart keys (if applicable) in the cup holder of the golf cart. Leave the front door to the rental unlocked. Refer to the Guest Information on the refrigerator for additional instructions.
Information in this section and on this Vacation Rental By Owner site may be outdated and is subject to change without notice.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property owners and rental homes supply Beaufort, SC area printed travel books that feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to enjoy the same great activities with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal opportunities.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacationers to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of travellers. Event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their guests the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental property Advice
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to find a rental that fits their desires and budget.
The majority of vacation homes in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most newcomers will be delighted to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where to look.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "New Rental, Free Golf Cart & WIFI, Amenity Cards Available" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming getaway? Read this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Beaufort, SC rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Beaufort, SC you prefer to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Does the preferred vacation property fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Generally, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you just want a property with a pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the property have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Often times the older generation has trouble with staircases. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a furry companion? Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your contract carefully! Fees may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
After the location, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything required. If something is missing, the home management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager without delay.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Nearly all rental property sites seek comments after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but honest regarding your stay. The best owners and managers will work hard to correct the issue.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic rental home. If not, you've acquired useful experience to help with the next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.3 miles