About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1675 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to your home away from home in historic Port Royal! Savor this impressive, cavernous, lowcountry style 3BR 2.5BA home in the heart of Old Port Royal. This 2 story, single family home offers 3 bedrooms with the master bedroom located on the first floor living area. This home has an "open- floor" plan combining living room, dining room and kitchen therefore making it painless to interact with your family and guests. Unwind on the sizable front porch while you appreciate feeling the southern breezes and saying hello to neighbors walking by.
We are located just 2 miles from the entrance to Parris Island. This home is ideal for those coming to see their new Marine graduate, as well as those coming to discover Port Royal, historic Beaufort, and the elegant surrounding areas. The Sands Beach area, a local favorite destination is only a half mile from the home. It includes a modest local beach on the Port Royal Sound, ideal for sunbathing and looking for shark's teeth. There is also a public boat launch, boardwalk and observation tower that overlooks Port Royal Sound and Parris Island. One block from the home is the Cypress Wetlands nature sanctuary with its walking trails and boardwalk. Port Royal offers multiple unique stores, eateries, and a marvelous gourmet coffee shop, all within walking distance from the home. We are a 3 min. drive to Parris Island, 4 mins. to walking and cycling on the Spanish Moss Trail. Downtown Beaufort with its waterfront park, stores, and varied dining options is just an 8 min. drive away. We are a 25 min. drive to the beach and lighthouse at Hunting Island State Park and a 40 min. drive to Hilton Head. Charleston which is 60 miles away and Savannah which is just 40 miles away, are both simple day trips.
Come and kick back and savor what Port Royal has to offer.
WIFI is supplied as well as Netflix and Sling TV.
LIVING AREA:There is plenty of seating available to accommodate 9 people for eating, watching a movie, playing your favorite board game or just socializing.
DINING AREA: Appreciate a family meal with our enormous glass dining room table that seats 6-8 people. This area is roomy and open to kitchen and living room accessibility.
KITCHEN: We supply a entirely equipped kitchen which includes crock pot, auto drip coffee pot with coffee included, blender, toaster, fry pans and sauce pans and a 9x13 baking pan. There is also a huge stock pot for cooking up Frogmore stew or your favorite soup. There are plenty of dishes, cups and flatware. There is a microwave and dishwasher. We also have measuring cups and spoons, cutting knives and a pizza pan.
LAUNDRY ROOM: Washer and dryer are available if needed as well as laundry detergent and cleaning supplies. This is also where you will find a first aid kit and some games to play when you are kicking back and calming.
BEDROOM 1: Cozy Queen bed with a private bath.TV and a very huge walk-in closet. Located on first floor. You will also find an iron and ironing board in the closet as well as hangers to hang your clothes. Place your suitcases on the fold out bags rack.
BEDROOM 2: Queen size bed as well as a Twin XL bed to fit every shape and size. Located on the 2nd floor. Has an adjoining bathroom with a tub/shower. Closet with hangers and a fold out suitcases rack.
BEDROOM 3: Two full beds with bedside table in the middle. Located on 2nd floor. Has adjoining bathroom with tub/shower. Closet with hangers and a fold out suitcases rack. All 3 bedroom beds have bedbug proof bed protector encasements. Beds have fresh linens, blankets and bedspreads. You will find additional linens, blankets and pillows in the individual bedroom closets.
BATHROOMS: Both full bathrooms (one upstairs and one downstairs) have a tub/shower combination. We supply shampoo, soap and body wash as well as a blow dryer in each bathroom. There are towels and washcloths supplied. If you plan on visiting the beach you will find a beach bag in the laundry room with blue towels to be used at the beach. If there is anything else you need there is a Dollar General just right around the corner.
PORCHES: Unwind on our spacious, inviting porches found on both the front and back of the home. There is nothing like sitting on a rocking chair and appreciating a cup of coffee in the morning while breathing in the fresh lowcountry air. There is a very large screened in back porch with a table and chairs available to seat 6 or 8 for a family/friends dinner or board game.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If something happens and you need to postpone your dates, we can move you to a later date as long as the home is still available . If you cancel completely you will receive a full refund of accommodation costs if cancellation is made five full days prior to your 4:00 check in time on the day you were scheduled to check in. If you need to cancel less than 5 days in advance, the first nighttime is non-returnable but 50% of the accommodation costs for the remaining nights will be refunded. If you arrive and decide to leave early, 50% of the accommodation costs for the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are refunded. You might be charged service costs from the site.
LOCAL STORES: 1) Dollar General: 1675 Ribaut Rd. 0.6 miles 2) Piggly Wiggly grocery: 1342 Ribout Rd. Port Royal 1.3 miles 3) Bi-lo grocery: 860 Parris Island Gateway Beaufort 2.7 miles 4) CVS pharmacy: 1500 Ribaut Rd. Port Royal 1.0 mile 5) Cross Creek Mall: (Wal-Mart, JC Penney, Belk, TJ Max, Radio Shack, Shoe Show and 28 more) 328 Robert Smalls Parkway Beaufort 6.8 miles You will find various, unique stores and thrift stores within walking distance along Paris Avenue
THINGS TO DO: PARKS 1) The Sands - On the Southern tip of Port Royal at the end of Sands Beach Rd. Boat and kayak launch. Boardwalk and observatory. Be sure to wear your water shoes. There are tons of oyster shells. 2) Naval Heritage Park – Follow Old Shell Rd. to the Naval Hospital. Playground, skateboard park and farmer’s market location 3) Live Oaks Park – 904 14th St. Playground, basketball 4) Cypress Wetlands - 1700 Paris Ave – Bird haven with amphitheater and trails 5) Pigeon Point Park – 1521 Pigeon Point Rd. Beaufort – Sizable park and playground with tons of activities for kids, picnic tables wide open space 6) Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park – Bay St. in downtown Beaufort – swings, fishing, playground, running/walking path, seawall walkway
PUBLIC TENNIS COURTS 1)Beaufort Tennis – 1105 Bladen St. Beaufort 2) Shell Point Park – 381 Broad River Rd. Beaufort 3) Beaufort High School Courts – 14 Geechie Rd. Beaufort 4) Battery Creek High School – 98 Blue Dolphin Dr. Beaufort
INDOOR POOL AND FITNESS CENTER 1) YMCA – 1801 Richmond Ave. Port Royal (0.4 miles) 2) Beaufort Indoor Pool – 35 Youmans Dr. – Beaufort GOLF 1) Cat Island – Sanctuary Golf Club – 8 Waveland Ave Beaufort 2) Lady’s Island Country Club – Pines Course – 139 Francis Marion Circle Lady’s Island
CHARTER/SPORT FISHING Port Royal personifies coastal living. Fishermen come from all over to fish the biologically rich waters of St. Helena and Port Royal sounds. Port Royal and the surrounding community is really a boater’s heaven. Enjoy inshore, near shore and offshore fishing trips and charters. 1) Heaven Fishing Pier at Hunting Island State Park. 2) Broad River Fishing Pier 3) Port Royal Boardwalk at the Sands
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS Whether it’s celebrating the water, history, shrimp, culture, food, or even a holiday you can nearly bet that something is going on nearly every single week. Visit for a list of upcoming events. Here are some of our bigger festivals: 1) The Beaufort WATER Festival :- Waterskiing shows, dances, concerts, Shagging, a teen dance, sporting, and food and craft vendors setting up their booths 2) Beaufort SHRIMP Festival 3) The Fall Festival of HOUSES and GARDENS 4) The GULLAH Festival 5) A TASTE of Beaufort 6) Beaufort’s LIGHT of the NIGHT BOAT PARADE 7) Soft Shell CRAB Festival 8) Beaufort FILM Festival 9) Port Royal Farmer’s Market – Right up Old Shell Rd. across from Naval Hospital 0.8 miles Join us on Saturdays year round from 9am-12pm and sample locally prepared food, honey and cheese. You will find locally grown produce, fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, and plants. Don’t miss out on one of the best farmers markets in the Lowcountry! You have to try their famed “she-crab soup”. So delicious!
LOCAL BEACHES 1) The Sands Beach in Port Royal – 0.8 miles – A local favorite. Comb the beach for shark’s teeth, walk along the boardwalk, climb to the top of the observation tower, sunbathe, fish, go crabbing or launch your boat from the boat ramp. Don’t forget your water shoes. You will see tons of oyster shells. 2) Hunting Island State Park – South Carolina’s single most fashionable state park. Climb the stairs to the top of the lighthouse. Look for dolphin splashing in the water. There is a good chance that you might find some shark teeth.
OTHER THINGS TO DO 1) The Marine Corp Museum – Bldg #111, Marine Corps Recruit Depot – Explore the long and rich legacy of the United States Marine Corps 2) Beaufort History Museum – The Arsenal 713 Craven Street Beaufort - $5 for adults 3) Chocolate Tree – Carteret Street Beaufort – Taste the delicious local chocolates. Sign up for a candy making class. 4) Dempsey Farms U-pick – 1576 Sea Island Parkway St. Helena Island 5) Downtown Beaufort Farmer’s Market – Henry C. Chambers Water front Park Pavilion – Wednesdays May 1 through Sept 25 2-6pm 6) Downtown Beaufort – stroll down Bay Street and look at all the stores then walk through the Waterfront Park or sit and enjoy the view on one of the swings 7) The Kazoo Factory – 12 John Gault Rd. Beaufort – Museum and gift shop $4 per person
DINING – There are a number of magnificent places to eat, some within walking distance right here in Port Royal 1) 11th St. Fishcamp – 1699 11th St. West – Excellent Steaks, Prime Rib and the freshest local seafood around!
About the Area
This vacation home is located on the waterfront and in an area with great shopping. St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Port Royal Farmers Market and Bay Street.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the best value, shift your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warm temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Property management companies sometimes offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel guides that include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Begin by choosing your a vacation week and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family requires. Ideal Location for marine graduation or lowcountry getaway! has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available online. If you don't see them listed, email the property owner before you reserve the rental. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask your host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Add the host's contact info to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent many problems.
- Lock your rental while you're away. Protect your property!
- During check-in, document any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers disrupting your peaceful home life. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to compel more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.