- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to your home away from home in historic Port Royal! This gorgeously adorned 2 story, single family attached home (duplex) offers 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths with a cavernous living area that's open to the dining area & kitchen, making it simple to interact with your family & visitors. Located 2 miles from the entrance to Parris Island, this home is ideal for those coming to see their new Marine graduate, as well as those coming to discover Port Royal, historic Beaufort, and the pretty surrounding areas and Sea Islands.
This home is centrally located to everything. The Sands Beach area, a local favorite destination is only a mile from the home. It includes a modest local beach on the Port Royal Sound, ideal for sunbathing and looking for shark's teeth. There is also a public boat launch, boardwalk and observation tower that overlooks Port Royal Sound and Parris Island. A few blocks from the home is the Cypress Wetlands nature sanctuary with its walking trails and boardwalk. Port Royal offers numerous unique stores, eateries, and a fabulous blissful coffee shop, all within a mile from the home.
Port Royal is host to seasonal festivals and events all through the year, including the Soft Shell Crab Festival in April, Oktoberfest in October, and complimentary live music on the main street on Paris Ave every other Saturday from May through September.
Downtown Beaufort with its waterfront park, stores, and varied dining options is just a 10 min. drive. Charleston which is 60 miles away and Savannah which is just 40 miles away, are both painless day trips.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guides with special packages for rental properties, dining and tours. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer terrific rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for discounted prices. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly longing for ? If there's a particular Beaufort, SC activity you simply love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their guests the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover how many properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners often select management companies to manage online advertising, house cleaning and regular maintenance.
We have assembled a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book "Gorgeous Port Royal Home 2 Miles From Parris Island!", go through our short checklist of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, SC rentals start booking very early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Sometimes, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your party. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Does the chosen vacation property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your group will have to be responsible for gathering payments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your group searching for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Almost all rental postings include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your companion! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Make sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are added.
Where to Search
When the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies generally have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Vacation rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a lttle bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental home really needs to be in very good condition. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be dealt with prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Many rental home management companies and rental home sites permit customers to give feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that in your review.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific vacation home. If not, you have gained useful experience to aid with another search.