- 5 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyFripp Island beaches, pools, golf, tennis, bicycle paths are all open! All eateries on this private SC Island and off the Island are open for take out and outdoor eating. We also have a magnificent Weber grille at the home, double ovens and a well appointed kitchen to make your favorite meals! Times are stressful and Footprints in the Sand is the ideal place to get away, relax and detox on this private island we call "Utopia"!
For limited time, remaining Aug-September costs reduced by $200/nighttime! Adjusted costs are listed on the rental calendar.
Footprints in the Sand is a professionally designed and adorned 5-star reviewed home by over 70 visitors with astounding beach and wildlife vistas! House has many new furnishings..... new floors, quartz counter tops/sinks/faucets in kitchen and all baths, new fireplace surround, freshly colored etc. You can appreciate our close and peaceful beach, no worries about social distancing and we give a golf cart, beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote on wheels and bicycles for all ages! Exploring the island in our golf cart or on the brilliant bicycle paths makes for the ideal holiday. What better way to get away!
Our unit manager and housekeeper are top-notch and use CDC recommended anti-bacteria products to keep Footprints pristine! Our unit manager even delivers your bliss cards prior to your arrival at no additional charge and is available and responsive during your stay. Our goal is to ensure you have the most amazing holiday possible!
Footprints has sweeping sea/beach and wildlife vistas from every room and only a min. walk to one of the premium beach access on the Island! We're also proud to be chosen by Vacation Rental By Owner as a Premier Partner!
Footprints was designed and constructed to include all the includes that I thought were missing when we were renters. This generous showcase home sits across from the Atlantic Sea at Fripp Island, named in Southern Living Magazine's top 10 picks for the "Most Amazing Island Getaway in the U.S."!
All you have to pack is your personal items....we give the rest. Your weekly rental includes up to four weekly amenities cards, a complimentary golf cart, bicycles for all ages, beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote, upgraded linens and toiletries like a hotel. We've completely redone our home with new floors, new Quartz counter tops/sinks/faucets, fireplace surround, upgraded flat screen TV with new family room pieces, new beds, pillows along with other new furnishings everywhere the home!
Our beloved author, Pat Conroy’s wife/author, Cassandra King, and her 'Same Sweet Girls' group have stayed in our home multiple times and adored it!
Many of our visitors say this is 'The Most superb' home they have ever rented on Fripp! See our guest comments.....
- Across the street from the sea with 1-2 min. walk...straighforward access to the best part of the beach with beach all day long! We're at one of the nicest beach accesses on the Island...beach access #1 with a new walkway ideal for strollers. You don't have to walk thru dunes or on a boardwalk...just step onto the beach! Don't be fooled by very busy 'center island' or Tarpon locations, with no room to spread out & no beach at high tide...our beach access provides privacy with 24/7 beach!
- Front of our home includes sizable sea vistas, rear of home has expansive overlooks of the five star 'Sea Point' golf course! You get the most first-rate of both worlds....
- Balconies off all bedrooms have gargantuan decks on front and back of home. Every bdrm has an sea view and it's own bath. Adore sunrise, sunsets or just sun bathing!
- I designed and constructed our home for our own family to use for the holidays so the home is designed with an exceptional open floor plan with Master on main, ensuite Master bath and walk-in closet. Master has been upgraded with posturpedic linens, 400 thread count sheets, new hypo- allergenic pillows ,flat screen t.v. and seamless tile shower for total comfortable comfort! The home has also been upgraded with hotel quality linens & towels.
- First floor offers an inviting open plan ideal for family gatherings...with kitchen overlooking dining room and family room. Dining area opens onto back outdoor space overlooking the golf course! Master is on the main floor, is handicap accessible and includes an generous bath with sea vistas.
- Family room supplied with 56" flat screen tv, has 30'ceilings with enormous 2-story bay windows that look out to the 5-star 'Sea Point' golf course, lagoon and striking wildlife! Footprints also sits next to a private lot that has become a bird sanctuary, ideal for you bird watchers!
- No matter where you are on the first floor, you can be a part of the conversation while appreciating the sea wind and smelling the Island's scent!
- Lots of places to getaway for peaceful moments and the children can adore our Game Room supplied with a foosball table, T.V./DVD with hook ups for Play Station, X-box etc and a massive chalk board wall for the little ones to draw their masterpieces!
- Create spectacular meals while smelling and hearing the sea through the enormous windows in the kitchen. Kitchen is well-supplied with stainless double ovens, tons of counter space, french door refrigerator and an additional mini refrigerator for added grocery storage!
- Relish meals cooked on the new Weber grille and served outdoors on the generous glass table (seats 6-8 in addition to another table that seats four) while overlooking the 8th fairway and wildlife!
- Upstairs has four comfortable bedrooms, each with a uniquely appointed beach decor and all bedrooms have flat screen TVs!
- Two bedrooms face the sea each with Queen beds, their own vanities/toilets and share a jack and jill shower. One of the Queen bedrooms has an additional twin bed. Both rooms open to the upper front outdoor space looking onto the Atlantic Sea where you can also adore the sunrise! A twin air bed and pack n' play are available as well.
- The other two bedrooms view the golf course and have two twins in each room, each room has their own vanity and toilet and share a jack and jill shower. These bedrooms have their own private balconies to admire the sea and sunsets as well!
We manage our home like an fresh hotel, furnishing all the baths with toiletries, hotel quality towels & linens for total pampering! Our unit manager lives close by to ensure everything runs smoothly during your holiday.
'Footprints in the Sand' is a pristine home that is exceptionally furbished with a inviting beach flair and has been included in Fripp Island Resort’s 'Tour of Homes'.
Handicap-amiable with secured WiFi, The yard is ideal for croquet, badminton or volley ball and the children appreciate to roller blade and ride bicycles in our circular driveway too! One of our fresh visitors even had her bridal reception in the backyard overlooking the golf course and the sunset!
Come and relish this unbelievable holiday home!!
Home can be rented Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun except during Summer Season when rental is Sat-Sat. In addition to the complimentary golf cart and bicycles, rental also includes beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote, Pack N'Play, twin air bed! Weekly units also come with 4 weekly extravagance cards(discounted prices not incl). We offer a lot of includes and niceties so you and your group can savor an awe-inspiring holiday!
Come savor "Footprints"..... our Heaven and the ideal getaway from today's challenges! We would be honored to host you!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property management companies and vacation houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. Look for these books and coupon books, since this allows vacation goers to discover the very same terrific attractions with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Are your trip dates flexible? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat travelers of the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some rental homes are practically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and places of interest you are most interested in.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to find a property that matches their wishes and spending plan.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and booking the best rental home:
Before you start to book " Majestic, Remodeled, Summer/Fall discounts! Great Ocean Views - 5 star reviews!", review our brief list of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best rentals are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Beaufort, SC you would like to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Pick a Size
How many family members are joining your getaway? Consider that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Make a Spending Limit
Check to make sure " Majestic, Remodeled, Summer/Fall discounts! Great Ocean Views - 5 star reviews!" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Generally speaking, just one member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Do you simply want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental home rate? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Occasionally the elder generation has problems with stairways. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Be sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
After the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read The Contract
Read the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Book your Vacation Property
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Contact the property manager right away to report your findings. This will protect against conflicts during check out.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little bit. Even though you're paying a house cleaning fee, The property should really be in good condition. Sinks full of dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental management company sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.8 miles