- 5 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Books For Kids
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Desk Chair
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils For Kids
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Free Wifi
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Kitchen Island
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Meal Delivery
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Play Area
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Chef
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Travel Crib
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wifi Speed
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyFripp Island beaches, pools, golf, tennis, bicycle paths are all open! All eateries on this private SC Island and off the Island are open for take out and outdoor eating. We also have a phenomenal Weber grille at the home, double ovens and a well appointed kitchen to make your favorite meals! Times are stressful and Footprints in the Sand is the ideal place to get away, relax and detox on this private island we call "Utopia"! We strive to ensure your safety and housekeeping adheres to CDC guidelines for cleaning.
Footprints in the Sand is a professionally designed and adorned 5-star reviewed home by over 70 visitors with phenomenal beach and wildlife vistas! House has many new furnishings..... new floors, quartz counter tops/sinks/faucets in kitchen and all baths, new fireplace surround, freshly colored etc. You can appreciate our close and peaceful beach, no worries about social distancing and we give a golf cart, beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote on wheels and bicycles for all ages! Exploring the island in our golf cart or on the lavish bicycle paths makes for the ideal holiday. What better way to get away!
Our unit manager and housekeeper are top-notch and use CDC recommended anti-bacteria products to keep Footprints pristine! To assist in contact complimentary bliss cards our unit manager even delivers your opulence cards prior to your arrival at no additional charge and is available and responsive during your stay. Our goal is to ensure you have the most striking and safest holiday possible!
Footprints has sweeping sea/beach and wildlife vistas from every room and only a min. walk to one of the most first-rate beach access on the Island! We're also proud to be chosen by Vacation Rental By Owner as a Premier Partner!
When Footprints was designed and constructed, I included all the includes that I thought were missing when we were renters. This roomy showcase home sits across from the Atlantic Sea at Fripp Island, named in Southern Living Magazine's top 10 picks for the "Most Amazing Island Getaway in the U.S."!
All you have to pack is your personal items....we give the rest! Your weekly rental includes up to four weekly amenities cards, a complimentary golf cart, bicycles for all ages, upgraded beach chairs, upgraded beach towels, sizable beach tote on wheels, upgraded linens and toiletries like a hotel. We've completely redone our home with new floors, new Quartz counter tops/sinks/faucets, fireplace surround, upgraded flat screen TV with new family room pieces, new beds, pillows along with other new furnishings throughout the home!
Our beloved author, Pat Conroy’s wife/author, Cassandra King, and her 'Same Sweet Girls' group have stayed in our home numerous times and adored it!
Many of our visitors say this is 'The Most elegant' home they have ever rented on Fripp! See our guest comments.....
- Across the street from the sea with 1-2 min. walk...painless access to the best part of the beach with beach all day long! We're at one of the nicest beach accesses on the Island...beach access #1 with a new walkway ideal for strollers. You don't have to walk thru dunes or on a boardwalk...just step onto the beach! Don't be fooled by very busy 'center island' or Tarpon locations, with no room to spread out & no beach at high tide...our beach access provides privacy with 24/7 beach!
- Front of our home includes copious sea vistas, rear of home has expansive overlooks of the five star 'Sea Point' golf course! You get the choice of both worlds....
- Balconies off all bedrooms have giant decks on front and back of home. Every bdrm has an sea view and it's own bath. Appreciate sunrise, sunsets or just sun bathing!
- I designed and constructed our home for our own family to use for the holidays so the home is designed with an exceptional open floor plan with Master on main, ensuite Master bath and walk-in closet. Master has been upgraded with posturpedic linens, 400 thread count sheets, new hypo- allergenic pillows ,flat screen t.v. and seamless tile shower for total opulent appreciation! The home has also been upgraded with hotel quality linens & towels.
- First floor offers an inviting open plan ideal for family gatherings...with kitchen overlooking dining room and family room. Dining area opens onto back outdoor space overlooking the golf course! Master is on the main floor, is handicap accessible and includes an bounteous bath with sea vistas.
- Family room supplied with 56" flat screen tv, has 30'ceilings with enormous 2-story bay windows that look out to the 5-star 'Sea Point' golf course, lagoon and marvelous wildlife! Footprints also sits next to a private lot that has become a bird sanctuary, ideal for you bird watchers!
- No matter where you are on the first floor, you can be a part of the conversation while savoring the sea wind and smelling the Island's scent!
- Lots of places to getaway for peaceful moments and the children can savor our Game Room supplied with a foosball table, T.V./DVD with hook ups for Play Station, X-box etc. and a tremendous chalk board wall for the little ones to draw their masterpieces!
- Create gorgeous meals while smelling and hearing the sea through the sizable windows in the kitchen. Kitchen is well-supplied with stainless double ovens, tons of counter space, frenchdoor refrigerator and an additional mini refrigerator for added grocery storage!
- Savor meals cooked on the new Weber grille and served outdoors on the generous glass table (seats 6-8 in addition to another table that seats four) while overlooking the 8th fairway and wildlife!
- Upstairs has four comfortable bedrooms, each with a uniquely appointed beach decor and all bedrooms have flat screen TVs!
- Two bedrooms face the sea each with Queen beds, their own vanities/toilets and share a Jack and Jill shower. One of the Queen bedrooms has an additional twin bed. Both rooms open to the upper front outdoor space looking onto the Atlantic Sea where you can also savor the sunrise! A twin air bed and pack n' play are available as well.
- The other two bedrooms view the golf course and have two twins in each room, each room has their own vanity and toilet and share a Jack and Jill shower. These bedrooms have their own private balconies to admire the sea and sunsets as well!
We manage our home like an fresh hotel, furnishing all the baths with toiletries, hotel quality towels & linens for total pampering! Our unit manager lives close by to ensure everything runs smoothly during your holiday.
'Footprints in the Sand' is a pristine home that is exceptionally finished with a comfortable beach flair and has been supplied in Fripp Island Resort’s 'Tour of Homes'.
Handicap-friendly with secured WiFi, The yard is ideal for croquet, badminton or volley ball and the children appreciate to roller blade and ride bicycles in our circular driveway too! One of our fresh visitors even had her bridal reception in the backyard overlooking the golf course and the sunset!
Come and enjoy this unbelievable holiday home!!
Home can be rented Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun except during Summer Season when rental is Sat-Sat. In addition to the complimentary golf cart and bicycles, rental also includes beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote, Pack N'Play, twin air bed! Weekly units also come with 4 weekly amenities cards(discounted costs not incl). We offer a lot of includes and comforts so you and your group can enjoy an exceptional holiday!
Come enjoy "Footprints"..... our Heaven and the ideal getaway from today's challenges! We would be honored to host you!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Beaufort, SC area vacation discount catalogs which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the management company and the local business itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of those fantastic attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer discounted rates to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rentals are basically catered to specific vacationers, whether it's soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to learn just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of vacation homes in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and knowledge to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the owner..
We have put together a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Remodeled, Awesome Ocean Views - 5 star reviews, cards included!", read through our brief list of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable destinations, In Beaufort, SC the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the greatest choice of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Beaufort, SC rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. A lot of families decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Decide on a Community and Time
Oftentimes, the most challenging part of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest is much easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you need to have. Remember that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Make certain "Remodeled, Awesome Ocean Views - 5 star reviews, cards included!" works with your price range *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is your family searching for? Is a pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with outdoor dining area? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property rate? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
In some cases the older generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your companion! Dog policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Many constraints could eliminate a prospective rental property. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies often times have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of comparable homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Contract
Read the complete agreement and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Be sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover problems, or if repairs are needed contact the property manager immediately. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to confirm you've gathered all possessions.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Virtually all rental websites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine regarding your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search next time.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.8 miles