- 5 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyFripp beaches, pools, golf, tennis, bicycle paths are all open! All eateries on the Island and off the Island are open for take out and outdoor eating. We also have a marvelous Weber grille at the home, double ovens and a well appointed kitchen to make your favorite meals! Times are stressful and Footprints in the Sand is the ideal place to get away, relax and detox on this private island we call "Bliss"!
A professionally designed and adorned 5-star reviewed home by over 70 visitors with exceptional beach vistas! House has many new furnishings..... new floors, quartz counter tops/sinks/faucets in kitchen and all baths, new fireplace surround, newly colored etc. You can adore our peaceful beach, no worries about social distancing and we give beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote on wheels! You can also discover the island in our golf cart or take lavish bicycle rides with the bicycles we give. What better way to get away!
Our unit manager and housekeeper are top-notch and use CDC recommended anti-bacteria products to keep Footprints pristine! Our unit manager even delivers your opulence cards prior to your arrival at no additional charge and is available and responsive during your stay. Our goal is to ensure you have the premium holiday possible!
Footprints has sweeping sea/beach and wildlife vistas from every room and only a min. walk to one of the most impressive beach access on the Island! We're also pleased to announce that we were chosen by Vacation Rental By Owner to become a part of their Premier Partners Program!
I designed and constructed our home and tried to include all the includes in "Footprints" that I thought were missing when we were renters. This enormous showcase home sits across from the Atlantic Sea at Fripp Island, named in Southern Living Magazine's top 10 picks for the "Most Amazing Island Getaway in the U.S."!
All you have to pack is your personal items....we give the rest. Your weekly rental includes up to four weekly delight cards, a complimentary golf cart, bicycles for all ages, beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote, upgraded linens and toiletries like a hotel. We've completely remodeled our home with new floors, new Quartz counter tops/sinks/faucets, fireplace surround, upgraded flat screen TV with new family room pieces, new beds, pillows along with other new furnishings all over the home!
Our beloved author, Pat Conroy’s wife/author, Cassandra King, and her 'Same Sweet Girls' group have stayed in our home multiple times and appreciated it!
Many of our visitors say this is 'The Finest' home they have ever rented on Fripp! See our guest comments.....
- Across the street from the sea with 1-2 min. walk...smooth access to the best part of the beach with beach all day long! We're at one of the nicest beach accesses on the Island...beach access #1 with a new walkway ideal for strollers. You don't have to walk thru dunes or on a boardwalk...just step onto the beach! Don't be fooled by very busy 'center island' or Tarpon locations, with no room to spread out & no beach at high tide...our beach access provides privacy with 24/7 beach!
- Front of our home includes copious sea vistas, rear of home has expansive overlooks of the five star 'Sea Point' golf course! You get the most ideal of both worlds....
- Balconies off all bedrooms have monstrous decks on front and back of home. Every bdrm has an sea view and it's own bath. Savor sunrise, sunsets or just sun bathing!
- I designed and constructed our home for our own family to use for the holidays so the home is designed with an exceptional open floor plan with Master on main, ensuite Master bath and walk-in closet. Master has been upgraded with posturpedic linens, 400 thread count sheets, new hypo- allergenic pillows ,flat screen t.v. and seamless tile shower for total blissful bliss! The home has also been upgraded with hotel quality linens & towels.
- First floor offers an inviting open plan ideal for family gatherings...with kitchen overlooking dining room and family room. Dining area opens onto back outdoor space overlooking the golf course! Master is on the main floor, is handicap accessible and includes an voluminous bath with sea vistas.
- Family room supplied with 56" flat screen tv, has 30'ceilings with enormous 2-story bay windows that look out to the 5-star 'Sea Point' golf course, lagoon and fantastic wildlife! Footprints also sits next to a private lot that has become a bird sanctuary, ideal for you bird watchers!
- No matter where you are on the first floor, you can be a part of the conversation while savoring the sea wind and smelling the Island's scent!
- Lots of places to getaway for peaceful moments and the children can savor our Game Room supplied with a foosball table, T.V./DVD with hook ups for Play Station, X-box etc and a giant chalk board wall for the little ones to draw their masterpieces!
- Create spectacular meals while smelling and hearing the sea through the huge windows in the kitchen. Kitchen is well-supplied with stainless double ovens, tons of counter space, french door refrigerator and an additional mini refrigerator for added grocery storage!
- Relish meals cooked on the new Weber grille and served outdoors on the generous glass table (seats 6-8 in addition to another table that seats four) while overlooking the 8th fairway and wildlife!
- Upstairs has four comfortable bedrooms, each with a uniquely appointed beach decor and all bedrooms have flat screen TVs!
- Two bedrooms face the sea each with Queen beds, their own vanities/toilets and share a jack and jill shower. One of the Queen bedrooms has an additional twin bed. Both rooms open to the upper front outdoor space looking onto the Atlantic Sea where you can also appreciate the sunrise! A twin air bed and pack n' play are available as well.
- The other two bedrooms view the golf course and have two twins in each room, each room has their own vanity and toilet and share a jack and jill shower. These bedrooms have their own private balconies to admire the sea and sunsets as well!
We manage our home like an fresh hotel, furnishing all the baths with toiletries, hotel quality towels & linens for total pampering! Our unit manager lives close by to ensure everything runs smoothly during your holiday.
'Footprints in the Sand' is a pristine home that is exceptionally finished with a comfortable beach flair and has been supplied in Fripp Island Resort’s 'Tour of Homes'.
Handicap-chummy with secured WiFi, The yard is ideal for croquet, badminton or volley ball and the children appreciate to roller blade and ride bicycles in our circular driveway too! One of our fresh visitors even had her bridal reception in the backyard overlooking the golf course and the sunset!
Come and relish this unbelievable holiday home!!
Home can be rented Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun except during Summer Season when rental is Sat-Sat. In addition to the complimentary golf cart and bicycles, rental also includes beach chairs, beach towels, beach tote, Pack N'Play, twin air bed! Weekly units also come with 4 weekly amenities cards(discounted costs not incl). We offer a lot of includes and amenities so you and your group can relish an marvelous holiday!
Come adore "Footprints"..... our Heaven and the ideal getaway from today's challenges! We would be honored to host you!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes supply Beaufort, SC area traveller discount guides which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the property manager and the merchant itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Would like to avoid the crowds of people? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer incredible rates on weekly rentals.
- Several management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same rental. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. You'll get the most value from a home which most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer their guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn the number of properties are located in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance issues that may arise.
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Do you believe " Majestic, Remodeled, All Open, Ocean Views - 5 star reviews, 1 wk left in July!" is the best rental for your next getaway? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, SC rental properties start booking early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Remember that that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Make certain " Majestic, Remodeled, All Open, Ocean Views - 5 star reviews, 1 wk left in July!" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking a pricey vacation property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group searching for? Do you want a rental home with outside lounge? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are linens included with the rental contract, or will you need to take your own? Create a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Do some people in your party have specific needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the gang traveling with a furry friend? Pets are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds may be restricted. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
When the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company might know of similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit empty.
Read through the Total Contract
Read the complete agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, travelers must pay local taxes when booking " Majestic, Remodeled, All Open, Ocean Views - 5 star reviews, 1 wk left in July!", along with any other additional fees that may be required based upon their situation, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers reassurance should disaster strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage when you arrive. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make certain you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but completely honest about your stay. The best property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Did they love their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to filter your search next time.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.8 miles