- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to one of South Carolina's peerless kept secret beach holidays. Our home is located on a peaceful street just three mins. from the beach by golf cart or walking distance to the golf course. This home has spectacular vistas of the canal and marsh. Our new dock on the canal is finished and ready to use. The climate at Fripp Island is hard to beat: in the summer usually 80's or low 90's; spring and fall in the 70's; moderate in the winter around 50's to 60's.
This handsome home has four bedrooms and four and half baths. The master bath has a big walk in shower and a hottub tub. The master bedroom has a big wrap around porch with steps going down to the backyard. All four bedrooms are on the first floor. The great room is on the second floor with spectacular vistas of the canal and marsh all the way down to the inlet on the south end of the island. Many of the furnishings have been referbished in 2010. It's great to sit and relax and adore the view from the screened in porch.
Located near the end of Crooked Creek Lane and next to the last home on the canal, you will savor the peaceful and peaceful of this island heaven. This home is about 200 yards from a new playground for children, Davis Adore Park, with swings and slide and a captain John Fripp Boat. There is a b-ball court and sand volleyball court and a picnic cabana. Leave your car at the home and walk to the clubhouse about two mins. away. Fripp Island is a phenomenal place for you and the children to ride bicycles on miles of paved trails and streets.
Since the home is located only four mins. by golf cart to the beach and two mins. to the swimming pools at the Cabana Club, there is painless access to all amenities. There are two 18 hole championship golf courses, one in walking distance and the other at the north end about five mins. by car or cart.
Fishing is great at Fripp Island with tons of choices. The easiest is right off the dock in the backyard. Come with a castnet and catch your own bait. You may even catch enough shrimp for a meal. If you appreciate surf fishing, there are numerous miles of beach. Some of the most handsome inlet fishing is on the south end. With a modest boat you can discover miles and miles of creeks and waterways behind Fripp Island. (Be careful you don't get lost or stuck on a sand bar) Larger boats can be launched at the marina for offshore fishing or you can charter a trip with one of the locals.
This home is located on a 3000 acre, gated island with three and a half miles of uncrowded beaches. Fripp Island is known for its spectacular beauty, wildlife (deer, alligators, feathered friends, raccoons, and more) and its casual vibe.
Two golf carts are supplied with the rental. If you bring a boat or kayak, there is a new, complimentary, great launching area called Russ' Point which is instantly on the north side of Fripp Island Bridge. It has two concrete ramps and a new aluminum pier.
This is a NO SMOKING and NO FAMILY PETS holiday home.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area promotional travel magazines which include money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the local merchant itself. Search for these magazines and discount books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of those wonderful activities with a considerable discounted.
- Would like to avoid the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak pricing.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies offer financial savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most getting excited about during your stay? If there's a certain Beaufort, SC atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be surprised to find out just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental properties in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine service problems that may arise.
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to know that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
How to find and reserve the right rental home:
Do you believe "Beautiful Waterfront Canal Home with Dock Close to Golf Course" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Read through this guide to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, SC vacation homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Many visitors plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Consensus can be tough among family members, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you should have. Bear in mind that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. One member of your family will have to be in charge of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with outdoor lounge? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental property rate? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of property postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a furry companion? Although many vacation homes permit dogs, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
As soon as the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. This is more effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read through the entire agreement and be certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, visitors will have to pay state taxes when booking "Beautiful Waterfront Canal Home with Dock Close to Golf Course", as well as various other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Rental management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover property damage, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the home manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be helpful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental home to make certain you've gathered all belongings.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental property websites request comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward regarding your experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. How did they like the rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 4.1 miles