- Fripp Island
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyUnlimited amenities cards are available.
ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE A: TWO GOLF CARTS, FOUR BYCYCLES, TWO SEA KAYAKS, SURFBOARD, BOOGIE BOARD, SKIM BOARD, CRAB POTS, BOCCI BALLS, ETC. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO TOTALLY ENJOY FRIPP. The package is supplied with weekly units.
ONE OF THE BEST LOCATIONS ON THE ISLAND. lOCATED AT 703 SILVERSIDE, ON THE ROAD NEXT TO THE JOHN FRIPP VILLAS.
The beach access is only 30 yards from our driveway. Tennis, pools, restaurant and stores all within a block...Marina a half mile away...Two folf courses within a brief distance.
BIG SCREEN TV!! The home has three TVs. One a big screened TV with cable,VCR & DVD.
There is a wireless router for your laptop computer with a desk dedicated for computers. Come with your laptop and be connected to the world.
Accommodations for this five bedroom holiday home include: two bedrooms with queen beds, a 12x24 bedroom with a king and two twin beds,one bedroom with two queens, and one bedroom with two twin beds. There are three full bathrooms, one sporting a Jacuzzi tub, two kitchens(both with a full fridges and stoves, two dens, a generous 24-foot covered screened porch, and a fenced yard, and a downstair's patio. Look at the picture with the bycyles and you will see the beach acess that is roughly 30 yards from our drive.
An entertainment package is available. The package includes two golf carts, two sea kayaks, a surfboard, four bycycles, a surfboard, boggie boards, skim board, crab pots, Bocci balls, etc.
Fripp Island is a 3000-acre private, gated island 19 miles outdoor of Beaufort, South Carolina. The island has three and one-half miles of beach, with two golf courses. One course is an oceanfront golf course. The second course is an award-winning Davis Adore III golf course with a brilliant marsh setting. The ten tennis courts are less than a city block from our home. The island sports miles of spectacular bicycle paths, exercise center, and Camp Fripp, a children's recreation activity center.
The marina has a great boat landing and bountiful moorage, charter boats, and boat units. Several artificial fishing reefs are from one and one-half to nine miles off shore and offer first-rate fishing. The marina is on a sizable tidal creek that opens to a vast expanse of estuaries with some of the peerless fishing, crabbing, and shrimping on the East Coast.
The beauty of the island has enticed movie makers repeatedly to the Island. Forrest Gump, Jungle Rent, and the Prince of Tides were all filmed on Fripp.
One of the most superb locations on the Island... within 200 feet of the beach, tennis, pools, b-ball, and stores... marina a half mile away... two golf courses within a brief distance.
The home is located among live oaks and palm trees with a huge, usable, fenced in yard. The interior of the home has been newly modernized, and has central heating and cooling. One kitchen has all new Kitchen Aid appliances.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property managers and vacation houses provide Beaufort, SC area traveller discount magazines which include promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of the very same fantastic activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide tremendous discounts.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve specific visitors, whether it's downtown homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often shocked at the number and variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, SC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to suit their Beaufort, SC gang, from restful condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and expertise to provide convenient operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Do you believe "1/2 Block to Beach, Beach Club, Pools, Tennis, & Restaurant" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming trip? Look over this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many desirable hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best vacation homes are booked very early. To ensure the very best selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Beaufort, SC vacation home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure "1/2 Block to Beach, Beach Club, Pools, Tennis, & Restaurant" works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each person knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your group looking for? Do you want a rental property with patio lounge? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Often times the senior generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the family visiting with a furry friend? While a number of rental homes allow animal friends, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Many constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental home. Read your agreement thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
After the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Contract
Read the entire agreement and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all vacation rental web sites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a blast? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you've gained useful experience that will help with another search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 3.4 miles