- Fripp Island
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyUnlimited amenities cards are available.
ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE A: TWO GOLF CARTS, FOUR BYCYCLES, TWO SEA KAYAKS, SURFBOARD, BOOGIE BOARD, SKIM BOARD, CRAB POTS, BOCCI BALLS, ETC. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO TOTALLY ENJOY FRIPP. The package is included with weekly units.
ONE OF THE BEST LOCATIONS ON THE ISLAND. lOCATED AT 703 SILVERSIDE, ON THE ROAD NEXT TO THE JOHN FRIPP VILLAS.
The beach access is only 30 yards from our driveway. Tennis, pools, restaurant and stores all within a block...Marina a half mile away...Two folf courses within a brief distance.
BIG SCREEN TV!! The home has three TVs. One a big screened TV with cable,VCR & DVD.
There is a wireless router for your laptop computer with a desk dedicated for computers. Come with your laptop and be connected to the world.
Accommodations for this five bedroom holiday home include: two bedrooms with queen beds, a 12x24 bedroom with a king and two twin beds,one bedroom with two queens, and one bedroom with two twin beds. There are three full bathrooms, one sporting a Jacuzzi tub, two kitchens(both with a full fridges and stoves, two dens, a huge 24-foot covered screened porch, and a fenced yard, and a downstair's patio. Look at the picture with the bycyles and you will see the beach acess that is roughly 30 yards from our drive.
An entertainment package is available. The package includes two golf carts, two sea kayaks, a surfboard, four bycycles, a surfboard, boggie boards, skim board, crab pots, Bocci balls, etc.
Fripp Island is a 3000-acre private, gated island 19 miles outdoor of Beaufort, South Carolina. The island has three and one-half miles of beach, with two golf courses. One course is an oceanfront golf course. The second course is an award-winning Davis Adore III golf course with a beautiful marsh setting. The ten tennis courts are less than a city block from our home. The island sports miles of breathtaking bicycle paths, exercise center, and Camp Fripp, a children's recreation activity center.
The marina has a great boat landing and substantial moorage, charter boats, and boat units. Several artificial fishing reefs are from one and one-half to nine miles off shore and offer superb fishing. The marina is on a sizable tidal creek that opens to a vast expanse of estuaries with some of the best fishing, crabbing, and shrimping on the East Coast.
The beauty of the island has enticed movie makers repeatedly to the Island. Forrest Gump, Jungle Rent, and the Prince of Tides were all filmed on Fripp.
One of the most great locations on the Island... within 200 feet of the beach, tennis, pools, b-ball, and stores... marina a half mile away... two golf courses within a brief distance.
The home is located among live oaks and palm trees with a enormous, usable, fenced in yard. The interior of the home has been freshly modernized, and has central heating and cooling. One kitchen has all new Kitchen Aid appliances.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus offer promotional guide books with special packages for property management companies, dining and tours. Search for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to enjoy the same terrific attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Can you switch your dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing offers.
- Many rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning vacationers of the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discount.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it's beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners often offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are offered in Beaufort, SC. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Beaufort, SC family, from low-noise condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Beaufort, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in assisting families with making reservations, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We have put together a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Do you think "1/2 Block to Beach, Beach Club, Pools, Tennis, & Restaurant" is the perfect rental for your upcoming visit? Read this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Beaufort, SC rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your trip. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Choose a Community and Time
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes more straightforward.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental property
How many family members are joining your getaway? Bear in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Make sure that "1/2 Block to Beach, Beach Club, Pools, Tennis, & Restaurant" suits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving an expensive rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you want a rental property with open-air lounge? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Commonly the older generation has problems with stairs. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. A number of restrictions may eliminate a potential rental home. Examine your agreement carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Start your Search
As soon as the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rentals" for local property management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal price, travelers will need to pay state taxes when booking "1/2 Block to Beach, Beach Club, Pools, Tennis, & Restaurant", in addition to various other additional fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many head aches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the rental home to assure you've collected all belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Nearly all rental management company sites seek comments after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a blast? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 3.4 miles