- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis beautiful three bedroom, two and a half bath golf course home overlooks the sixteenth fairway and green of one of two golf courses on this 6000 acre private island off the coast of Beaufort, SC. Fourteen years ago we bought the home and completely renovated and redecorated it with new carpeting, paint, furnishings, appliances ,kitchen items and linens. We visit it often, and every year we continue to improve it for you and for us to relish. Recently, we removed the carpeting and installed wood floors in the entire home except the bedrooms. We thoroughly modernized the master bath area. It is now tiled with a walk in shower, a new vanity, mirrors, lighting, etc. This past year we tore out the old, cracked and buckled asphalt driveway and installed pavers for the driveway and walkway. Hurricane Matthew completely destroyed the garden in our courtyard, so we have replanted it with some new and interesting plantings and we also installed a jerry-rigged automatic sprinkling system to assure that the garden gets adequate moisture during these first few months.
**** AMENITY CARDS*****
Because we are Fripp Island Club members, our visitors can savor the fine recreational facilities and programs available on Fripp Island. Privately owned, with access restricted to preserve the high standards you expect, the Fripp Island sports and dining amenities are designed to give unparalleled satisfaction. You may buy up to six delight cards. Each card is $50 per week from Memorial Day to Labor Day or $35 during the off season.
**** GOLF CART ****
Most of our visitors want to have a golf cart available. Some do not. We make a four passenger golf cart available to those who want it for an additional fee of $250 per week which is substantially less than is charged by the resort for a similar cart. ****************************************
**** WiFi and HDTV ****
We have installed wifi and an HDTV for the living room. Two bedrooms have their own standard cable connected TVs. The TVs are connected to Comcast/XFinity with HBO and Showtime and numerous other premium networks. Additionally, the home offers complimentary North American long distance phoning.
Two of the bedrooms have queen size beds, and the third has two twins. Among the other luxuries you will find, we include two bicycles to help you discover our phenomenal island. Although we have tried to think of everything to make your stay more delightful, we welcome any suggestions you may have to make your next stay with us more fun.
Fripp Island is a private gated island off the coast of one of South Carolina’s most historic cities. The island includes two championship golf courses, a tennis center, a beach club, many swimming pools with adjacent poolside bars, a marina, multiple eateries, copious wildlife, woods, marsh boardwalks and miles and miles of walkable beaches and nature trails. Supplied with your rental is the right of access to all of Fripp’s natural wonders.
The home has 1550 square feet of room plus a agreeably sized outdoor space. The kitchen is sizable enough for more than one person to work in pleasantly and has a modest breakfast nook. The living room and the master bedroom have ten foot cathedral ceilings.
Sitting on the outdoor space, you may watch golfers or white tail deer work their way along the championship course, wave to Al, one of the alligators who resides in the lagoon across the fairway and occasionally look off to your left for a glimpse of the sea at the inlet between Fripp Island and the neighboring Hunting Island. The sea inlet is roughly 400 yards away. The nearest beach is a casual walk of about 800 yards.
Our home is filled with light and includes casual, inviting furnishings, beach books and inviting spots for reading, and jigsaw puzzles. The living area's enormous, open floor plan accepts the cooks among you to prepare a meal without missing the card game at the dining room table or the conversation in the living room.
Conveniences: When you arrive, you'll find the beds all made up for you with towels and toiletries in each bathroom. Not your basic rental. Our home is a home-away-from home with a huge well-supplied kitchen, with three TVs. The one in the living room is HD. with a VCR and a DVD player. The home also includes wifi, a fireplace, air conditioning, cable T.V., coffee maker, sizable appealing outdoor space, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, full kitchen, microwave, phone with complimentary phoning all over North America, two bicycles and a generous charcoal kettle grille for grilling out.
A POST SCRIPT: Choosing a holiday home sight-unseen is always a challenge. We know because we did it too, every summer for 30 years. But more and more we kept coming back to Fripp Island. It suited our life style. Our goal is to help you decide if our home is right for you. So please don't hesitate to ask questions.
This is not a holiday home but a home filled with appreciate and feelings that it belongs to someone. We have stayed at many places in the USA, but this is the most exemplary. A great holiday. Perhaps our home will be right for you.
We wish we could extend our invitation to your dogs and cats, we adore our family dogs and cats and always wanted to take ours along. But we have put a lot of work, appreciate and money into making our home inviting and comfortable for us and our visitors and we are concerned that ordinarily well mannered dogs and cats get nervous in new surroundings and accidents happen. So we have to ask that you not bring your family pets. We also insist that you not smoke in our home.
Keywords: House, Island home
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area promotional catalogs which include deals, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the property management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Want to avoid the crowds of people and reduce costs? Off-peak times provide substantial deals.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or returning vacationers of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific groups of vacationers. Event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. If there's a particular Beaufort, SC atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to learn just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, renters are sure to come across a rental home that matches their wishes and budget.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often choose management companies to facilitate marketing, house cleaning and regular maintenance.
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you believe "Golf Course Home: 3BR 2 1/2 Bath, Hdtv, Wifi" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many trendy hot spots, In Beaufort, SC the best rental properties are booked very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your vacation. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select a Town and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of preparing for your trip is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simpler.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Will the chosen rental property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One individual in your party will need to be in charge of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you primarily want a vacation rental with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the crew travelling with a pup? Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Examine your contract thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Its Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique collection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest prospects for a reduced rate is switching to an off-season week.
Read the Total Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal fee, visitors have to pay local taxes when renting "Golf Course Home: 3BR 2 1/2 Bath, Hdtv, Wifi", along with any other additional fees which may be mandatory based upon their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Please be respectful of the community. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a bit. Even if you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The property is required to be in good shape. Kitchen sinks stuffed with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be dealt with before you leave.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many vacation rental web sites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everyone have a blast? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning will be simple. Otherwise, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.2 miles