- Fripp Island
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this Property"Be As You Are" is a splendid, six-bedroom 3,221 sq ft home located center island and on the canal. We are on the 3rd row from the beach and adore being able to hear the sounds of the sea when everything else is peaceful at nighttime. Amenity cards are available so that you can relish all the island has to offer.PRICE OF CARDS ARE NOT PROVIDED IN RENTAL RATE. The Marina, Golfing, Pools and Dining options are all close by. This area of the island is really just right for all of your needs. Appreciate fishing and crabbing without ever leaving the yard on our personal fishing dock on the canal. Watch the area wildlife from the Spectacular Carolina Room or the decorated Screened Back Porch which are accessed by open and light French doors, or from the rockers on the covered front porch. Many fresh updates have been made to make this your ideal coastal hideaway. Every room is finished in a coastal theme and provides you with all the delight you'd expect to adore on a holiday. Two Master Bedrooms with very calming King Beds and 2 Bathrooms are on the 1st floor along with a newly referbished Living and Dining Area. The living area has plenty of seating and a flat screen TV and DVD player. DVD's are here for your use while on Fripp. There is Also an additional sitting area for playing games or cards which you will find at the home for your appreciation. The kitchen is well outfitted for a sizable crowd. You will find all the appliances you need including toasters, blenders, coffee makers, mixers and silverware for a sizable group. There are 2 Refrigerators with ice makers included so you have all the space you need to feed a huge group and keep plenty of beverages cold. There is also a huge pantry so you have all the storage room you need for your stay. A laundry area is also located on this floor with a 2nd dryer located in the basement to help with all your laundry needs A 3rd refrigerator is in the basement for your fishing & bait needs. Upstairs you will find 4 Bedrooms and 2 baths and a sitting area. BR 1: includes 2 full beds, BR 2: Has a Queen and Twin Bed, BR3: Queen Bed w/jack&jill bath, BR 4: Queen Bed and Twin w/ Jack & Jill Bath. also supplied in this room is a infant crib and changing table. Each bedroom has it's own special theme and all beds are comfortable and peaceful. Every bedroom has a flatscreen tv. An open air outdoor space is located off of the Carolina room which has a bluetooth audio system and CD player and a collection of games. under the outdoor space you can relax in hammock chairs and savor a enormous backyard with superb canal vistas. In the basement you will find a Ping Pong table and dart board for young and old both to savor. A charcoal grille is supplied for your outdoor preparing needs. There are also bicycles and beach toys and beach chairs for you to use while you visit so dont worry about packing all those additional things, just come and relax, we've got it covered. Two Golf Carts are supplied with all units. As you look around you in the living areas, stair case and other areas of the home take a moment to look at the photos we've shared with you. These are all photos of OUR memories and are all taken on or around the island. It is this adore of Fripp we want to share with you and your family. Be As You Are provides you with many areas to hideaway for privacy. The unit is ideal for families, couples and children. There is space here for everybody. We think you will appreciate this home as much as we do and hope that you will really be able to relax and easily "Be As You Are"
Fripp Island is a private island on the Atlantic Sea located between Charleston, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgia. Holidays here are like no other. Our polished beaches, wildlife and peaceful setting give the ideal get away for friends and family. Park your car upon arrival and you may not move it until you pack to go home. Golf carts and bicycles are the most famed mode of traffic on the island. Spend your days looking for shells, relishing the beach, watching for dolphins who frequent our waters or adore any of the many scheduled activites on the island. Fripp is also home to two pretty championship golf courses. We fell in appreciate with this special place over a decade ago and are so joyful to be able to now own a modest piece of this bliss and share it with you!!!
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus offer promotional guide books with special packages for lodging, dining and activities. These guides provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacation goers to the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a specific Beaufort, SC activity that you just love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide selection of short term rental homes available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to come across a rental that meets their wishes and budget.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to know that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Private dock on canal, perfect location, 2 golf carts included with all rentals" is the best rental for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Beaufort, SC rentals start booking very early. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation homes, we advise searching and booking your Beaufort, SC rental 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Agreement can be difficult between relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the party. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
Most rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your selected trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving a pricey rental. Most of the time, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pet policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many constraints may dismiss a potential rental property. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Best places to Search
When the area, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the home management company might know of very similar properties that better fit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damage, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager straight away.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Many vacation rental management companies and rental home sites permit renters to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did they like the vacation rental? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience to help with the next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 3.8 miles