- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFeel the epitome of Southern magic when you stay at 'Sunset Cottage,' a 3-bedroom, 2-bath holiday rental home in Beaufort! This renovated 1,423-square-foot home agreeably sleeps 6 visitors and includes a new deep water dock. Spend your days walking the streets of one of the second oldest cities in the state and fall in appreciate with the Striking Antebellum architecture, moss-draped live oak trees, and historical landmarks. Make memories with adored ones on your peaceful South Carolina hideaway!
-- THE UNIT --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Pullout Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds
Enter 'Sunset Cottage' and relax in the radiant and inviting sunroom with gorgeous vistas of the water. Keep an eye out for playful dophins visible from the docks during the mornings and afternoons!
For carefree entertainment inside, turn on the 55-inch flat-screen satellite TV and let the anxiety of everyday life melt away.
Successfully settled in, whip up a tasty treat for everybody in the completely supplied kitchen including stainless steel appliances. While the sides are being prepared inside, throw some meat on the gas grille while you decide whether to eat in at the 6-person table or al fresco at the outdoor table.
After dinner, walk out to the end of the dock to watch the pretty sunset or take a speedy dip in the water. Fix yourself a nightcap and end the evening sharing stories on the patio with friends and family.
When you can't keep your eyes open any longer, tuck the children into the 2 twin-over-twin bunk beds before resting your head on the soft king bed in the master bedroom. The third bedroom includes a pullout couch and doubles as an office for any last min. emails.
-- THE LOCATION --
Despite the laid-back nature of Beaufort, there is plenty to do around town! Get a feel for the rich history of the city with a walking tour through Janet's Walking History Tour. If you're looking for a more appealing tour, visit SoutherRose Buggy Tours to laid-back see the area in the appreciation of a carriage.
Take the family to Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park for an afternoon spent along the Beaufort River; strolling along the pathways, fishing for trout, or relishing one of the festivals held everywhere the year. In town for graduation? MCRD Parris Island is an straighforward 30-min. drive away!
If you brought your boat along, park it at the home's dock and take it out to discover the water and find a secret fishing hole.
Spend the day on the beach at Hunting Island State Park! This 5,000-acre park is home to tons of wildlife, 5 miles of beach, and a historic lighthouse. Golfers will want to rent a tee time at Sanctuary Golf Club for a memorable round at this nature-filled course.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental Network is on a mission to make holiday rental smooth for visitors. Every unit in our network has been vetted and verified so you can rent with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are pleased to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a thoroughly supplied kitchen with stainless steel appliances, complimentary WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, 2 flat-screen satellite TVs, dock, patio with outdoor furnishings, gas grille, driveway parking for 3 cars, and more
- Waterfront Beaufort location - Close to boating, fishing, hiking, golfing, historic downtown, shopping, eateries, museums, historical landmarks, walking and buggy tours, and much more. 30-min. drive from MCRD Parris Island
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (~50.6 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No family dogs and cats allowed
- No events, events or generous gatherings
- This is a modest island community, please be respectful of neighbors and keep the outdoor noise level down
- There is a $500 fine for violating the max. occupancy of 6 people
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus offer printed guide books with savings for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Search for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows travelers to experience the same wonderful attractions at a possibly significantly discounted.
- Are the trip dates changeable? Off-peak times provide sizeable bargains.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies provide unique discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically designed to serve particular guests, whether it's oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their guests the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Advice
Some people are shocked to learn just how many rental homes are available in Beaufort, SC. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation homes in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Owners typically choose management companies to assist with promoting and advertising, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
Below are great tips and methods to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you think "'Sunset Cottage' - Paukie Island Home w/ Dock!" is the best rental for your next trip? Read through this check list to confirm it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Beaufort, SC the best rental homes are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, SC rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Decide on a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
How Many Beds?
How many family members are joining your getaway? Consider that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain "'Sunset Cottage' - Paukie Island Home w/ Dock!" works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure that each party understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What property features is your group interested in? Are you looking for a rental with patio dining area? Will the property need to be beach front, in town, or near restaurants? Will the home have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Suitable accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Remember to include your companion! Although quite a few vacation rentals allow cats and dogs, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and breeds may be controlled. Study your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when pets are added.
Best places to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best chance of a reduced rate is switching to an off-season week.
Read Through The Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage when you arrive. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any needed repairs. This will prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a lot more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the rental property to assure you've packed all possessions.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Nearly all rental web sites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Did they feel about the property? With a little luck everything ended up being outstanding and you are ready to reserve the same rental for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next trip.