- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFeel the epitome of Southern magic when you stay at 'Sunset Cottage,' a 3-bedroom, 2-bath holiday rental home in Beaufort! This renovated 1,423-square-foot home agreeably sleeps 6 visitors and includes a new deep water dock. Spend your days walking the streets of one of the second oldest cities in the state and fall in adore with the striking Antebellum architecture, moss-draped live oak trees, and historical landmarks. Make memories with appreciated ones on your appealing South Carolina hideaway!
-- THE UNIT --
*NOTE: Your safety matters. There is a Ring doorbell security camera, located next to the front door facing out. It does not look into any interior spaces.*
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Pullout Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds
Enter 'Sunset Cottage' and relax in the dazzling and inviting sunroom with pretty vistas of the water. Keep an eye out for playful dophins visible from the docks during the mornings and afternoons!
For carefree entertainment inside, turn on the 55-inch flat-screen satellite TV and let the anxiety of everyday life melt away.
Successfully settled in, whip up a tasty treat for everybody in the completely supplied kitchen including stainless steel appliances. While the sides are being prepared inside, throw some meat on the gas grille while you decide whether to eat in at the 6-person table or al fresco at the outdoor table.
After dinner, walk out to the end of the dock to watch the elegant sunset or take a speedy dip in the water. Fix yourself a nightcap and end the evening sharing stories on the patio with friends and family.
When you can't keep your eyes open any longer, tuck the children into the 2 twin-over-twin bunk beds before resting your head on the soft king bed in the master bedroom. The third bedroom includes a pullout couch and doubles as an office for any last min. emails.
-- THE LOCATION --
Despite the laid-back nature of Beaufort, there is plenty to do around town! Get a feel for the rich history of the city with a walking tour through Janet's Walking History Tour. If you're looking for a more peaceful tour, visit SoutherRose Buggy Tours to casual see the area in the happiness of a carriage.
Take the family to Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park for an afternoon spent along the Beaufort River; strolling along the pathways, fishing for trout, or relishing one of the festivals held all over the year. In town for graduation? MCRD Parris Island is an straighforward 30-min. drive away!
If you brought your boat along, park it at the home's dock and take it out to discover the water and find a secret fishing hole.
Spend the day on the beach at Hunting Island State Park! This 5,000-acre park is home to tons of wildlife, 5 miles of beach, and a historic lighthouse. Golfers will want to rent a tee time at Sanctuary Golf Club for a memorable round at this nature-filled course.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental wants your holiday experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it painless, we help you find a unit you appreciate, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our units are safe, tidy, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a new new approach to holiday rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a entirely supplied kitchen with stainless steel appliances, complimentary WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, 2 flat-screen satellite TVs, dock, patio with outdoor furnishings, gas grille, driveway parking for 3 cars, and more
- Waterfront Beaufort location - Close to boating, fishing, hiking, golfing, historic downtown, shopping, eateries, museums, historical landmarks, walking and buggy tours, and much more. 30-min. drive from MCRD Parris Island
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (~50.6 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- *NOTE: Your safety matters. There is a Ring doorbell security camera, located next to the front door facing out. It does not look into any interior spaces.*
- No family dogs and cats allowed
- No events, events or sizable gatherings
- This is a modest island community, please be respectful of neighbors and keep the outdoor noise level down
- There is a $500 fine for violating the max. occupancy of 6 people
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and rental homes provide Beaufort, SC area promotional magazines which feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a partnership between the property management company and the local business itself. Look for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows travelers to enjoy those great attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Willing to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most directly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often shocked at the range and variety of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to discover a property that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to manage web advertising, housekeeping and repairs and maintenance.
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book "'Sunset Cottage' - Paukie Island Home w/ Dock!", read through our brief checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Beaufort, SC rentals start booking very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Beaufort, SC you would like to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Check to make sure "'Sunset Cottage' - Paukie Island Home w/ Dock!" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving an expensive rental property. Generally, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's share.
What home features is the family trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the home have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Make a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Optimal accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a dog or cat? Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
When the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental homes" for local property management companies. Aside from offering exclusive properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar properties that suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the community. Often times, adjacent households are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites allow customers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a great time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.