- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyNEWLY RENOVATED!!! Elegant!!!! Every surface is refreshed - it’s FAB!!!
*NEW - ALL of our Beaufort units are being disinfected by Vital Oxide. It is a Virus Killer, Sanitizer, Disinfectant, Allergen Eliminator, Mold & Mildew Inhibitor, and an Odor Eliminator!*
"VRBOs COVID-19 Policy as of 1 May 2020:
For bookings after April 30 that are not covered by our (VRBOs) emergency policy:
Our refreshed COVID-19 emergency policy will apply only to bookings made before March 13. We’ve sent communications to travelers with bookings after April 30, 2020, and updated our help pages to ensure visitors understand cancellation policies for upcoming stays. In these communications, we recommended that travelers review their renting’s cancellation policies and work with partners if they need to reschedule for a future date."
That said, this is OUR current policy:
1) We will now insist that you buy Travel Insurance, and that your Travel Insurance Policy will be responsible for ANYTHING COVID related. If you have to cancel or leave early, your insurance must take care of any refunds you may want.
2) Should you or ANYONE in your event become sick while staying at our home, you WILL hold us harmless. Our homes are cleaned to a standard above and beyond WHO and CDC guidelines between each and every guest. If you get sick, you must agree that it is NOT our fault.
3) Should you or ANYONE in your event become sick while staying at our home, all in your event will vacate our home shortly and notify us so that we can protect our staff and future visitors.
Back to this amazing home:
We've added a HUGE 4K UHD TV across from new couch and multiple VERY inviting chairs. The Internet has been upgraded to 5 times faster than the old speeds. We added 2 brand new super inviting deep foam Queen Beds! The kitchen has been updated with great new pots and pans and a full range of glass ware. For our previous visitors, we hope that you will be delighted - and for our new visitors, we hope that you will find everything you want in a comfortable place to savor and discover Beaufort.
This little home is in the BEST location! It is just 7 brief blocks to our Striking waterfront park where you can appreciate one of the many 'porch swings' facing the Beaufort River. There are tons of eateries, stores, and galleries accessible from the park and from Bay Street. The historic Point neighborhood is just 4 blocks from the home. This is a great area to wander and discover - filled with antebellum mansions where planters and their families spent summers appreciating the nearly constant winds from the river. Also - this home is such a acclaimed rental that we have converted our other little unit, Duke Cottage, to a Vacation Rental By Owner. If this one is booked, or if you need additional space, please look at Vacation Rental By Owner #326642. We also newly added our 'health and exercise destination' Vacation Rental By Owner #631501, just 4 homes from the Spanish Moss Trail in the Hermitage Neighborhood.
This home is elegantly decorated - the living area has a wonderfully appealing couch, a sizable lounge chair with a big ottoman, and 2 calming swivel club chairs. There is a gracious dining room that seats 6, with a chandelier above for ambiance. Several artistic visitors have captured our little bungalow on canvas and these pieces are proudly displayed. We get the very most superb visitors!
The bathroom used to be the low point of the home, but a few years ago we completely gutted it and started over. It has a step in shower with dual shower heads, each with their own control. The shower doors are thick frameless tempered glass with brilliant chrome fittings. In keeping with the era, the walls are white 'subway' tile and the floor is black and white mosaics. The vanity has a pretty granite top, and stores plenty of additional towels below. The window has an insert of frosted glass in front of it for privacy, while still accepting light into the room. It's very special.
The kitchen now has a brand new floor, appropriate for the era of the home. Our son described it as ‘pumpkin spice mocha latte’ - it’s crazy fun! It is thoroughly supplied and there is a full size washer dryer. We added shelves supported by antique metal brackets across the windows above the sink. We have put all the brand new pots and pans there for painless access.
Each of the 2 bedrooms has a brand new high end super foam bed - and now BOTH BEDROOMS are QUEEN sized! Our all white linens are high thread count cotton. This is a very appealing, peaceful little home. A while back we switched out all of our Queen linens to white European Duvet & Shams for the cooler months - IF we ever have them this year - there will still be the high thread count sheets, but instead of our white cotton Matelassé Coverlets, you will have a newly washed duvet cover and shams that can be used for sleeping. These are changed between each guest. It's more work, but it as we discovered, it is a better sleeping experience for the guest!
There is now a 55” Samsung 4K UHD SMART TV with ROKU and subscriptions to You TubeTV, Pandora, and a DVD player. We keep that so you can watch the movies made right here in Beaufort - we give them!
Outside, John installed a GORGEOUS antique brick patio (10' x 50') with dining tables and chairs. We have moved the bespoke 'South Carolina Adirondack chair' seating, made by our neighbor, Todd, to the front porch. The seating group includes 2 lounge chairs with ottomans, and a settee. On the brick patio there is a 'ceiling fan on a stick' to help keep the 'skeeters’ away and give a wind when there isn't one. There is plenty of shade, so no umbrellas are needed.
Animals are allowed with prior approval and a returnable security deposit. Please discuss with us the kind and size of the pet you wish to bring so that we can determine it's appropriateness. We beg you not to accept dogs and cats to tinkle inside on the handsome rugs which have thick pads beneath. We also hope that any male beasts will NOT ‘mark’ our handsome new furnishings and DRAPERIES! *The yard is fenced, but PLEASE take responsibility for your pet, should it be approved. We cannot be responsible if you leave a gate or a door open of if a pet escapes.*
Please check out the map for restaurant and shopping recommendations. There is a binder in the home with more info and maps and menus. Feel complimentary to call us with any questions or recommendations!
Oh - ALL of our units are non-smoking inside and out. No exceptions.
*NOTE: ALL OF OUR Vacation Rental By Owner PROPERTIES ARE LEGALLY REGULATED SHORT TERM RENTALS IN THE CITY OF BEAUFORT, SC. WE HAVE BUSINESS LICENSES AND PAY ALL TAXES REQUIRED TO OPERATE THEM. ALL ARE CODE COMPLIANT, AND WE ARE ACCEPTED TO RENT ALL OF THEM FOR A MINIMUM OF 2 NIGHTS. WE ADHERE TO THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL UNIT.
**TAX NOTE: Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO COLLECT ALL STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND REMITT THEM DIRECTLY TO THE STATE UNDER THEIR OWN NUMBER. STARTING SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THEY UNILATERALLY STARTED RETAINING THE 11% TAX THAT INCLUDES 5% SALES TAX, 2% STATE ATAX, 1% BEAUFORT COUNTY TRANSPORTATION TAX AND 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX. ON OR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY STOPPED COLLECTING THE 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX AND WITHOUT NOTICE CHANGED THE TAXES TO BE COLLECTED ON ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS TO EXCLUDE THIS TAX. THEY HAVE PUT US IN THE AWKWARD POSITION OF HAVING TO COLLECT AND REMIT THE 3% TAX SEPARATELY. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR THE 3% ATAX.
Keywords: Downtown, historic, district, bungalow, dogs and cats, dog, dogs, walk, walking, kitchen, living room, dining room, parking
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will send tourism guides with savings for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Just want to stay away from the crowds of people and reduce costs? Off-peak times provide sizeable discounts.
- Several property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning vacation goers of the same vacation home. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly longing for ? If there's a particular Beaufort, SC atteaction you simply love, look for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed due to medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and wide variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, SC area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to come across a rental home that meets their desires and spending budget.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting families with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Below are great tips and methods to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you believe "Adorable Bungalow in the Heart of the Historic District!" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Read this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, SC rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Pick a Community and Time
Begin by determining which specific area of Beaufort, SC you want to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Bear in mind that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Will your preferred rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, ensure each party knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental payment? Create a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Special Factors to consider
Optimal access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds could be limited. Study your contract carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
After the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies provide you with fantastic service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of similar properties that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Your greatest prospects for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary repairs.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many headaches.
- Be respectful of the local community. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the rental to ensure that you've packed all belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental web sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Does everybody want to return next year? Maybe everything ended up being fantastic and you are excited to re-book the same rental home for your next vacation. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with your next search.