- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIf you want privacy, this is the place for you. This getaway is located on a tiny peninsula of land. When my grandfather bought over 250 acres of Lady’s Island back in the late 1940’s, he always considered this 4 acre tract the jewel in the crown. It was his getaway from town long before my parents constructed a home here. Pap would come and put his boat in down at the shell ramp.
He’d cast his net in Little Lucy for those scrumptious creek shrimp to put over his grits. He fished around the bend at one of the best fishin holes in Beaufort County. He always dreamed of living here. Its location on one of the highest bluffs overlooking deep water on Lady’s Island made it an just right home site.
So in the 1970’s my mom designed this home and had Elias Pinkney build it. The brick home, which is shaded by live oaks draped in Spanish moss commands vistas of more than 400 feet of the shoreline of Little Lucy Creek and its salt marshes. Each bedroom has its own unique view of the water.
From the Master Bedroom you can see the sunrise or moonrise over the dock on Little Lucy Creek. But from your queen size bed you have another view that looks down the creek and toward the sunset.
From the guest bedroom you also have a view of the dock on the creek. From the third bedroom each twin bed has a view of the creek and salt marsh. Appreciate your morning coffee at the kitchen table or on the screen porch with its expansive vistas of the entire sunrise/sunset experience.
There is also seating out on the bluff so you can watch for the dolphins that swim by on the high tides or watch the stingrays, egrets and herons that come in to feed on low tide. We also have visits to the oyster bank below the bluff from a family of raccoons. Deer swim the creek to hide and feed among the magnolias and oaks. A pair of pileated woodpeckers has taken up residency in our piney woods by the dock.
This is our home and so we have tried to think of everything that might make your stay with us more calming. We have newly renovated the interior to reflect our own adore of Mid-Century modern furnishings( Very MadMen Like). There are delightful wood floors all over. There are ceiling fans in nearly every room and central heat and AC when desired. The giant living room with its 20 foot vaulted ceiling and open dining area were made for entertaining. For those who would rather stay inside there is seating in front of a 55 inch LED wide screen T.V.This service is supplied through Direct TV. Computer access is through WIFI . A second TV is located in the Master Bedroom.
There is also seating in front of the wood burning stone fireplace. There is a sizable desk for visiting writers, computer users or enormous children working on jigsaw puzzles. The pillow top beds have soft sheets, inviting pillows and pretty coverlets.
The kitchen is thoroughly supplied with new appliances, cookware, china glassware and silverware. There are two and a half bathrooms for everybody’s happiness and privacy. There is also generous closet space everywhere the home so that you can store all your gear and belongings during your visit.
The porch is supplied with seating for all and an outdoor patio has a gas grille. The new dock is supplied with a float and kayak launch. Or you can put your boat, kayak or canoe in down at the shell ramp right on the unit. There is also a boat landing two miles away at Sam’s Point where Forest Gump was filmed.
Our getaway is within smooth drive of Hilton Head, Charleston and Savannah. It is @five mins. from all the necessary stores. A ten min. drive over a breathtaking bridge will get you to Downtown Beaufort with its stores, carriage rides and eateries. In fifteen you can be at historic Port Royal and Paris Island. In twenty mins. you can be at one of the most superb beaches on the east coast at Hunting Island State Park and Lighthouse. There is a complimentary pass to enter the park available during your stay.
For golfers there is a terrific public course at Cat Island . For nature lovers there are boat tours of the ACE basin. A notebook is available with information about our favorite things to do in the area and places to eat, shop and visit.
Or you may be like us and just sit on that porch watching the world of the tides come and go. They say that once you have smelled the pluff mud it gets in your veins and pulls you back just like the tides.
Keywords: Lady's Island, Waterfront, Secluded getaway,
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties supply Beaufort, SC area vacation discount books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the local itself. Search for these publications and discount books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same attractions at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Just want to stay away from crowds and save money? Shoulder seasons special offer incredible promotions.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some rental companies offer price cuts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Beaufort, SC atteaction that you love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation homes are available in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, and any routine service problems that may occur.
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Do you believe "Private Deep Water Dock, Near Beaufort, PI and Beach. " is the perfect rental property for your upcoming trip? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, SC vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest choice of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Beaufort, SC rental home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Select your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough between close relatives, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Budget
Make certain "Private Deep Water Dock, Near Beaufort, PI and Beach. " works with your budget *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a pricey rental home. Typically, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group searching for? Do you just want a property with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Proper access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions could dismiss a prospective rental property. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Read through the whole contract and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, travelers must pay state taxes when booking "Private Deep Water Dock, Near Beaufort, PI and Beach. ", as well as any other fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often times, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a visit significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of advice.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental property to assure you've collected all possessions.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all property management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine about your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn and Improve
Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. If not, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.