About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 904 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Rejuvenate in the sea air at The Marsh Nest, a completely refreshed 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 3rd floor condo overlooking the calming salt marsh in the heart of Fripp Island. With beautiful expansive marsh and canal vistas from nearly every window and it's mid island location across the street from the beach, it really offers the best of both worlds. Please note that this is a 3rd floor condo and there is no elevator. The spectacular vistas are worth the stairs in our opinion, but we know that stairs are not an option for everybody!
Surrounded by wildlife preserves, maritime forests, bird-watching sites and sandy beaches, Fripp Island offers a feeling of total escape with simple access to eateries and shopping. Bring or rent cruiser bicycles to take advantage of the islands bicycle path, or rent a golf cart to discover the handsome island and watch the many deer that wander.
High ceilings, professionally decorated with a couch, loveseat (with twin pullout bed), nautical accent chair and a huge scree TV in the living room welcome you to relax and soak up the vistas. With an updated kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops and plenty of counter space, the chefs in your event will be right at home. Guest also have access to the charcoal grille behind the complex and the private crabbing dock for beach villa guests only.
A screened porch with high top table and 2 chairs to relax and savor the beach breeze offers sweeping vistas. There is also a back staircase and entrance to the porch.
Two bedrooms comfortably sleep up to 4 guests in the 2 queen size beds. Both bedrooms offer luxury linens, flat screen tv's and picture windows. A washer and dryer is also located in the unit. There is also a twin size pull out loveseat in the living room.
AMENITY CARDS: All of the island amenities (golf, tennis, pools, eateries, bicycle units, kids activity center, etc.) are owned by the Fripp Club. In order to use these amenities, you have to be a Club member or a guest of a Club member. We are Club members and can purchase conveniences cards for you for an additional fee. The prices are set by the Club and vary depending on the time of year and length of stay. Prices are $50/card for a summer week or $35/card for non-summer week units. 4 day cards are also available for $35 during Summer Months and $25 non-summer. Amenity Cards are REQUIRED for anyone 13 years old or older. Please let us know at booking if you would like luxury cards for your stay!
GOLF CARTS: If you want a golf cart or bicycle to get around the island, we recommend booking your rental with the Island Excursion. They have many options & can service the cart/bicycle immediately if necessary. Off-island vendors are also available. Be sure to reserve a gas golf carts there are no charging stations in the parking lot.
Follow on Instagram: @themarshnest
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/themarshnest
Family Animals - not allowed
After booking this property, Vacation Rental By Owner will charge their service fee separately and then the reservation will be transferred to FrippIslandStay where the property owner or manager will charge your credit card for the other items seen in the quote supplied by Vacation Rental By Owner. The returnable security deposit if applicable will be included in the final payment. You will also have the opportunity to purchase travel insurance and damage protection insurance on FrippIslandStay.
You will receive an e-mail with log in information from FrippIslandStay right after booking. Please check your spam or promotions folders. Once logged in to FrippIslandStay, you will be able to order club cards if available and gate passes for access to the island.
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this villa is on the waterfront. Local landmarks include Hunting Island Lighthouse and Chapel of Ease, and travelers wishing to experience a bit of culture can try Penn Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the best Fripp Island rental experience:
When to go & When to book:
- Summer months are high season in Fripp Island. To find the most suitable vacation home within budget, we recommend reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular Beaufort, SC attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, property management companies supply Beaufort, SC area visitor guides which will include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select your vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Gorgeous Marsh Views, Across from the Beach, Amenity Cards Available! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available online. Otherwise, email or call the host before you book your rental. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a property that allows animals. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Note that some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- To make sure that no damages are attributed to your stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon check in. Get in touch with the host immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are out, just like you would at home.
- At departure, complete a final walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good ratings to drive future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.