- 8 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis stately Southern "Mansion by the Sea" will take you back to a simplier time! Known to the locals as The"Tara House'', this 8 Bedroom, 5-1/2 Bath home sits on one of the biggest tons (over 1 acre) on Fripp Island. This home offers copious vistas of the Sea Point Golf Course and the Atlantic Sea in the distance and is the ideal location for your family holiday, reunion or that intimate wedding event. The main level includes huge formal dining & living rooms between a enormous entry hall that runs the length of the home. A private bedroom suite, and a very huge open kitchen and eat in breakfast nook complete the first floor layout . A winding formal staircase leads to a second floor that has 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths. Two of the upstairs bedrooms offer outdoor porches with sweeping vistas of the island. Appreciate a peaceful cup of coffee as you watch the sunrise over the island and listen to the sounds of waves crashing in the distance.
The ground floor offers a huge family room, dining area, 1-1/2 baths, and two additional bedrooms as well as a two car attached garage. This unit home is configured to sleep 20+ people on three levels, and with one of Fripps biggest tons can accommodate the extended family or the entire wedding event. Adore glamourous vistas of the Sea Point Course's 12th Green from the veranda and vistas extending to the Sea in the distance. This historic Fripp home has entertained countless weddings and family get-togethers over the years. The Tara of Fripp is just the place for a sizable group or family to create marvelous memories and an memorable holiday experience.
With well over 1000 sq ft. of porches and patios, over an acre of well maintained grounds and plenty of of parking, Tara really is your own private unit. Boasting over 2 miles of white sandy beach, Fripp Island is a special place, one of the few Atlantic beaches within a private gated community. Fripp Island is rich with nature and wildlife and all these things can conveniently be explored by bicycle, golf cart, or on foot. This unit is located close by all niceties Fripp Island has to offer. The home includes beach chairs, body boards, and many more beach extras available for use so you donâ€™t have to worry about bringing them with you. Units of 7 days or more will include a four- seat golf cart for use by the guest. Fripp Island is a resort community and use of certain luxuries require the guest to have a Cub Guest card. Facilities requiring an Guest card include all golf facilities, resort dining facilities and all community pools. See additional details regarding Fripp Resort Guest cards below.
FRIPP GUEST CARDS - Guest Cards are only needed to access certain luxuries on the island (such as the pool, golf course and eateries). You do NOT need a Guest Card to access the beach. Should you wish to buy cards, during the summer season (Memorial Day - Labor Day), each card is $50 for a 7 day pass and $35 for a 4 day pass. During the off season, Cards are $35 for a 7 day pass and $25 for a 4 day pass. Only those 13 years and older need a Guest card.
*****************************THIS HOME IS UNDER MANAGEMENT BY iTRIP VACATIONS EFFECTIVE 7/28/2019****************************************
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (Sleeps 25)
*BEDROOM 1, Located on the 3 level
- (1) King Bed and (1) Double BedÂ· (1) infant crib, changing table
- Extensive Private Bath
- Access to sizable balcony
* BEDROOM 2, Located on the 3rd level
- (1) King Bed
- Giant private bath
* BEDROOM 3, Located on the 3rd Level
- (1) Queen Bed and (1) Double Bed
- Shared full bath
* BEDROOM 4, Located on the 3rd Level
- (1) Queen Bed
- Shared full bath
- Access to sizable balcony
* BEDROOM 5, Main Level
- (2) Double Beds
- Shared Full Bath
* BEDROOM 6, Lower Level
- (1) Double Bed
- Shared Bath
* BEDROOM 7, Lower Level
- (1) Double Bed
- Shared Bath
* BEDROOM 8, Lower Level
- (4) Twin/ Single
* Sizable Kitchen with 6 burner ceramic cooktop, dishwasher, (2) fridges, double ovens, Keurig, and brew coffee makers
* Outdoor Shower
* Beach chairs and accessories
* (3) Outdoor picnic tables
* Regulation size ping pong table
* Additional refrigerator on lower level
* Corn hole game
Fripp Island is a impeccable, appealing place and offers world class resort amenities including two 18 hole golf courses with the spectacular sea and marsh vistas, multiple swimming pools and world class tennis facilities. The Beach Club offers casual dining and frequent entertainment in season and the Fripp Marina has a boat launch as well as wet and dry boat storage. Adore fine dining options at Bonito Boathouse Restaurant. Fripp Island is world class resort, offering something for everybody.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide Beaufort, SC area travel discount guides which include coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or via a partnership between the property management company and the itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer amazing promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to specific clients, whether it is soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Beaufort, SC crew, from relaxed condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to manage promoting and advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Where to find and book a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book "New! Frankly My Dear You’ll Love This Place! The Tara of Fripp/Southern Charm Close to Beach & Golf!", go through our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Beaufort, SC the best vacation rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Agreement can often be challenging between relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Many rentals are advertised with a price range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a pricey rental home. Generally, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group looking for? Are you looking for a rental with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or near restaurants? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may eliminate a potential rental. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
Many websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a bit. Even though you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental should really be in good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Most rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your praise. If something was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be painless. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- Hunting Island State Park - 2.3 miles