- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 1 bathroom
- 2 per room
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Coffee grinder
- Computer monitor
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Designated smoking areas
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hunting nearby
- Ice maker
- In a village
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Note from host: Porch or patio ONLY
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming cats and dogs only
- Whale watching nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1250 SQUARE_FEET
- Smoking permitted
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Great little bungalow in downtown Port Royal, 2 miles from Parris Island Gate and 3 miles from downtown Beaufort. South Carolina owners welcome you to their well-equipped 2 BR-2 BA bungalow that sleeps 6-8. Celebrate your special graduate in this family-friendly home-away-from home! King master with garden tub, guest room has 1 queen and 1 double bed, comfortable queen sleeper in living room. Cathedral ceiling in great room and master, and warm knotty-pine floors throughout. Well equipped kitchen with all appliances, screened front porch, fenced back yard with covered patio, fire pit and gas grille. Hulu live-streaming TV plus antenna, intelligent TV and wired/wireless internet are complimentary. DVDs, books, puzzles and board games provide additional entertainment. Owners require 3-nighttime minimum stay, and rate INCLUDES cleaning fee. (Shorter stays may be approved for an additional charge to cover cleaning.) Rental comes with family pass to Hunting Island State Park, with pristine beaches and the only SC lighthouse open to the public. Port Royal features a public boat ramp, boardwalk with fishing stations and observation tower, and Sands Beach, a public beach and swimming area at the junction of Beaufort River and Battery Creek, just .7 mi from the bungalow. Also of interest is the freshly constructed boardwalk around the wetland rookery where coastal birds roost seasonally by the hundreds - a birdwatchers dream just .5 mi away!!! Your well-behaved family pets are welcome - back entrance is equipped with their very own doggie door that leads to a fenced back yard! Local YMCA offers visitor passes with your membership, and Oct-April 'puppy plunge' in their outdoor pool every 2nd Saturday is the coolest!! COMPLIMENTARY Port Royal street dances happen every other Saturday nighttime May-June and Aug-Sept. Bring your lawn chair and cooler - dancing shoes allowed, but barefoot is better!! Our bungalow is in walking distance of a local coffee shop and 7 eateries serving breakfast, local seafood, BBQ, pizza, bar food, and good old southern home-cooking! Quaint downtown retail/consignment/gift stores offer great shopping (you MUST go to Ms. B's on Paris Ave for local artisan gifts), and you CAN'T MISS the Saturday morning Farmer's Market, featuring locally grown organic produce, fresh-made pasta, baked goodies, eggs, dairy, meats, and wild caught local seafood. Food vendors, plant nurseries and even local music make this a MUST on Saturday morning - come for breakfast, shop, appreciate the music, and take home some of the best homemade bread, pasta, asian dumplings, perogies, kettle corn and BBQ the lowcountry has to offer! Free public boat ramp is 0.7 mi away, with water and electric available for your boating/fishing needs.
About the Area
This cottage is located in Port Royal. St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Cypress Wetlands and The Sands. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
Strategies to get the perfect rental home experience:
When to visit Port Royal & When to reserve a Beaufort, SC rental home:
- Summer is high season in Port Royal. Book your Beaufort, SC rental in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved early. Booking your vacation property up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies often offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local stories, visitor guides contain coupons for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Filter your rental search:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Cozy Port Royal Cottage, 2 miles from Parris Island Marine Base near Beaufort SC has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the host before you book the vacation property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You will need to determine what is optimal for your group.
- If there's a particular Beaufort, SC destination you long to visit, keep an eye out for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or costs applied to your invoice.
- Get the owner's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your . Put the host's information in your smartphone.
- During check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to propel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.