- As low as $163/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 1 bathroom
- 2 per room
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee grinder
- Computer monitor
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Designated smoking areas
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hunting nearby
- In a village
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Kitchen island
- Lobster/crab pot
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Note from host: Porch or patio ONLY
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Welcoming cats and dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1250 square feet
Great little bungalow in downtown Port Royal, 2 miles from Parris Island Gate and 3 miles from downtown Beaufort. South Carolina owners welcome you to their well-equipped 2 BR-2 BA bungalow that sleeps 6-8. Celebrate your special graduate in this family-friendly home-away-from home! King master with garden tub, guest room has 1 queen and 1 double bed, comfortable queen sleeper in living room. Cathedral ceiling in great room and master, and warm knotty-pine floors throughout. Well equipped kitchen with all appliances, screened front porch, fenced back yard with covered patio, fire pit and gas grille. Hulu live-streaming TV plus antenna, intelligent TV and wired/wireless internet are complimentary. DVDs, books, puzzles and board games provide additional entertainment. Owners require 3-nighttime minimum stay, and rate INCLUDES cleaning fee. (Shorter stays may be approved for an additional charge to cover cleaning.) Rental comes with family pass to Hunting Island State Park, with pristine beaches and the only SC lighthouse open to the public. Port Royal features a public boat ramp, boardwalk with fishing stations and observation tower, and Sands Beach, a public beach and swimming area at the junction of Beaufort River and Battery Creek, just .7 mi from the bungalow. Also of interest is the freshly constructed boardwalk around the wetland rookery where coastal birds roost seasonally by the hundreds - a birdwatchers dream just .5 mi away!!! Your well-behaved family pets are welcome - back entrance is equipped with their very own doggie door that leads to a fenced back yard! Local YMCA offers visitor passes with your membership, and Oct-April 'puppy plunge' in their outdoor pool every 2nd Saturday is the coolest!! COMPLIMENTARY Port Royal street dances happen every other Saturday nighttime May-June and Aug-Sept. Bring your lawn chair and cooler - dancing shoes allowed, but barefoot is better!! Our bungalow is in walking distance of a local coffee shop and 7 eateries serving breakfast, local seafood, BBQ, pizza, bar food, and good old southern home-cooking! Quaint downtown retail/consignment/gift stores offer great shopping (you MUST go to Ms. B's on Paris Ave for local artisan gifts), and you CAN'T MISS the Saturday morning Farmer's Market, featuring locally grown organic produce, fresh-made pasta, baked goodies, eggs, dairy, meats, and wild caught local seafood. Food vendors, plant nurseries and even local music make this a MUST on Saturday morning - come for breakfast, shop, appreciate the music, and take home some of the best homemade bread, pasta, asian dumplings, perogies, kettle corn and BBQ the lowcountry has to offer! Free public boat ramp is 0.7 mi away, with water and electric available for your boating/fishing needs.
About the Area
This cottage is located in Port Royal. St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Cypress Wetlands and The Sands. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
Tips for getting the best Beaufort, SC vacation home experience:
Sticking to your budget:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To book the most suitable rental within budget, we recommend booking in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- Some property management companies offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers typically offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area visitors guide magazines which will include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to pick the perfect rental home:
- Start by selecting your vacation dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Cozy Port Royal Cottage, 2 miles from Parris Island Marine Base near Beaufort SC has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property owner before you reserve your home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- If there's a specific Beaufort, SC attraction you are enamored with, look for homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Get the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Upon check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Upon check-out, take a walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take video of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to drive more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will appreciate that you share your experience find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 3.8 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 3.8 miles
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 4.0 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 4.2 miles
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 4.3 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 4.6 miles
Ready to book Cozy Port Royal Cottage, 2 miles from Parris Island Marine Base near Beaufort SC?Book Online Get Information Call: