- As low as $175/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near the bay
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Adorable Bungalow in the heart of Historic Beaufort. Walk to many downtown attractions including the handsome waterfront park, museums, eateries, and shopping.
The home is the ideal setting for your visit to Beaufort SC.
NEWLY RENOVATED!!! Pretty!!!! Every surface is refreshed!
We've added a HUGE 4K UHD TV across from new couch and multiple VERY comfortable chairs. The Internet has been upgraded to 5 times faster than the old speeds. We added 2 brand new super comfortable deep foam Queen Beds! The kitchen has been refreshed with great new pots and pans and a full range of glass ware. For our previous guests, we hope that you will be delighted - and for our new guests, we hope that you will find everything you want in a cozy place to savor and discover Beaufort.
This little home is in the BEST location! It is just 7 short blocks to our handsome waterfront park where you can appreciate one of the many 'porch swings' facing the Beaufort River. There are tons of eateries, stores, and galleries accessible from the park and from Bay Street. The historic Point neighborhood is just 4 blocks from the home. This is a great area to wander and discover - filled with antebellum mansions where planters and their families spent summers appreciating the nearly constant breezes from the river. Also - this home is such a trendy rental that we have converted our other little property, Duke Cottage, to a Vacation Rental By Owner. If this one is booked, or if you need additional space, please look at Vacation Rental By Owner #2509986. We also freshly added our 'health and exercise destination' Vacation Rental By Owner #631501, just 4 homes from the Spanish Moss Trail in the Hermitage Neighborhood.
This home is attractively furnished - the living area has a wonderfully comfortable couch, a huge lounge chair with a big ottoman, and 2 comfortable swivel club chairs. There is a gracious dining room that seats 6, with a chandelier above for ambiance. Several artistic guests have captured our little bungalow on canvas and these pieces are proudly displayed. We get the very best guests!
The bathroom used to be the low point of the home, but a few years ago we completely gutted it and started over. It has a step in shower with dual shower heads, each with their own control. The shower doors are thick frameless tempered glass with bright chrome fittings. In keeping with the era, the walls are white 'subway' tile and the floor is black and white mosaics. The vanity has a striking granite top, and stores plenty of additional towels below. The window has an insert of frosted glass in front of it for privacy, while still accepting light into the room. It's really special.
The kitchen now has a brand new floor, appropriate for the era of the home - it’s crazy fun! It is entirely equipped and there is a full size washer dryer. We added shelves supported by antique metal brackets across the windows above the sink. We have put all the brand new pots and pans there for painless access.
Each of the 2 bedrooms has a brand new high end super foam bed - and now BOTH BEDROOMS are QUEEN sized! Our all white linens are high thread count cotton. This is a very cozy, peaceful little home. A while back we switched out all of our Queen linens to white European Duvet & Shams for the cooler months - IF we ever have them this year - there will still be the high thread count sheets, but instead of our white cotton Matelassé Coverlets, you will have a newly washed duvet cover and shams that can be used for sleeping. These are changed between each guest. It's more work, but it as we discovered, it is a better sleeping experience for the guest!
There is now a 55” Samsung 4K UHD SMART TV with ROKU and a DVD player. We keep that so you can watch the movies made right here in Beaufort - we provide them!
Outside, we installed a GORGEOUS antique brick patio (10' x 50') with dining tables and chairs. We have moved the bespoke 'South Carolina Adirondack chair' seating, made by our old neighbor to the front porch. The seating group includes 2 lounge chairs with ottomans, and a settee. On the brick patio there is a 'ceiling fan on a stick' to help keep the 'skeeters’ away and provide a breeze when there isn't one. There is plenty of shade, so no umbrellas are needed.
Animals are allowed with prior approval and a returnable security deposit. Please discuss with us the kind and size of the pet you wish to bring so that we can determine it's appropriateness. We beg you not to allow family pets to tinkle inside on the charming rugs which have thick pads beneath. We also hope that any male beasts will NOT ‘mark’ our beautiful new furnishings and DRAPERIES! *The yard is fenced, but PLEASE take responsibility for your pet, should it be approved. We cannot be responsible if you leave a gate or a door open of if a pet escapes.*
Please check out the map for restaurant and shopping recommendations. There is a binder in the home with more info and maps and menus. Feel complimentary to call us with any questions or recommendations!
Oh - ALL of our properties are non-smoking inside and out. No exceptions.
*NOTE: ALL OF OUR Vacation Rental By Owner PROPERTIES ARE LEGALLY REGULATED SHORT TERM RENTALS IN THE CITY OF BEAUFORT, SC. WE HAVE BUSINESS LICENSES AND PAY ALL TAXES REQUIRED TO OPERATE THEM. ALL ARE CODE COMPLIANT, AND WE ARE ACCEPTED TO RENT ALL OF THEM FOR A MINIMUM OF 2 NIGHTS. WE ADHERE TO THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY.
**TAX NOTE: Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO COLLECT ALL STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND REMITT THEM DIRECTLY TO THE STATE UNDER THEIR OWN NUMBER. STARTING SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THEY UNILATERALLY STARTED RETAINING THE 11% TAX THAT INCLUDES 5% SALES TAX, 2% STATE ATAX, 1% BEAUFORT COUNTY TRANSPORTATION TAX AND 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX. ON OR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY STOPPED COLLECTING THE 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX AND WITHOUT NOTICE CHANGED THE TAXES TO BE COLLECTED ON ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS TO EXCLUDE THIS TAX. THEY HAVE PUT US IN THE AWKWARD POSITION OF HAVING TO COLLECT AND REMIT THE 3% TAX SEPARATELY. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR THE 3% ATAX.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this cottage is in the city center. Sanctuary Golf Club and Ocean Creek are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Bay Street and Port Royal Farmers Market. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking/biking trails and ecotours.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Strategies to get the perfect Beaufort, SC rental home experience:
Find your perfect rental home:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in the Beaufort, SC area. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Look for your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides have discounts for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
How to select the perfect rental in the Beaufort, SC area:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Bungalow in the Historic District has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly available on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property management company before you reserve the home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or might be applied to your agreement.
More tips for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your smartphone.
- During arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents a lot of problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental a final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on good ratings to stimulate new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 0.2 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 0.2 miles
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 0.4 miles
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 0.5 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 0.5 miles
Ready to book Bungalow in the Historic District?Book Online Get Information Call: