- As low as $195/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Near the bay
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water tubing nearby
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Adorable Bungalow in the heart of Historic Beaufort. Walk to many downtown attractions including the gorgeous waterfront park, museums, eateries, and shopping.
The home is the ideal setting for your visit to Beaufort SC.
NEWLY RENOVATED!!! Handsome!!!! Every surface is refreshed!
We've added a HUGE 4K UHD TV across from new couch and multiple VERY comfortable chairs. The Internet has been upgraded to 5 times faster than the old speeds. We added 2 brand new super comfortable deep foam Queen Beds! The kitchen has been refreshed with great new pots and pans and a full range of glass ware. For our previous guests, we hope that you will be delighted - and for our new guests, we hope that you will find everything you want in a comfortable place to appreciate and discover Beaufort.
This little home is in the BEST location! It is just 7 short blocks to our handsome waterfront park where you can savor one of the many 'porch swings' facing the Beaufort River. There are tons of eateries, stores, and galleries accessible from the park and from Bay Street. The historic Point neighborhood is just 4 blocks from the home. This is a great area to wander and discover - filled with antebellum mansions where planters and their families spent summers appreciating the nearly constant breezes from the river. Also - this home is such a trendy rental that we have converted our other little property, Duke Cottage, to a Vacation Rental By Owner. If this one is booked, or if you need additional space, please look at Vacation Rental By Owner #2509986. We also newly added our 'health and exercise destination' Vacation Rental By Owner #631501, just 4 homes from the Spanish Moss Trail in the Hermitage Neighborhood.
This home is elegantly furnished - the living area has a wonderfully comfortable couch, a sizable lounge chair with a big ottoman, and 2 cozy swivel club chairs. There is a gracious dining room that seats 6, with a chandelier above for ambiance. Several artistic guests have captured our little bungalow on canvas and these pieces are proudly displayed. We get the very best guests!
The bathroom used to be the low point of the home, but a few years ago we completely gutted it and started over. It has a step in shower with dual shower heads, each with their own control. The shower doors are thick frameless tempered glass with bright chrome fittings. In keeping with the era, the walls are white 'subway' tile and the floor is black and white mosaics. The vanity has a charming granite top, and stores plenty of additional towels below. The window has an insert of frosted glass in front of it for privacy, while still accepting light into the room. It's really special.
The kitchen now has a brand new floor, appropriate for the era of the home - it’s crazy fun! It is entirely equipped and there is a full size washer dryer. We added shelves supported by antique metal brackets across the windows above the sink. We have put all the brand new pots and pans there for painless access.
Each of the 2 bedrooms has a brand new high end super foam bed - and now BOTH BEDROOMS are QUEEN sized! Our all white linens are high thread count cotton. This is a very cozy, peaceful little home. A while back we switched out all of our Queen linens to white European Duvet & Shams for the cooler months - IF we ever have them this year - there will still be the high thread count sheets, but instead of our white cotton Matelassé Coverlets, you will have a newly washed duvet cover and shams that can be used for sleeping. These are changed between each guest. It's more work, but it as we discovered, it is a better sleeping experience for the guest!
There is now a 55” Samsung 4K UHD SMART TV with ROKU and a DVD player. We keep that so you can watch the movies made right here in Beaufort - we provide them!
Outside, we installed a GORGEOUS antique brick patio (10' x 50') with dining tables and chairs. We have moved the bespoke 'South Carolina Adirondack chair' seating, made by our old neighbor to the front porch. The seating group includes 2 lounge chairs with ottomans, and a settee. On the brick patio there is a 'ceiling fan on a stick' to help keep the 'skeeters’ away and provide a breeze when there isn't one. There is plenty of shade, so no umbrellas are needed.
Animals are allowed with prior approval and a returnable security deposit. Please discuss with us the kind and size of the pet you wish to bring so that we can determine it's appropriateness. We beg you not to allow family pets to tinkle inside on the pretty rugs which have thick pads beneath. We also hope that any male beasts will NOT ‘mark’ our beautiful new furnishings and DRAPERIES! *The yard is fenced, but PLEASE take responsibility for your pet, should it be approved. We cannot be responsible if you leave a gate or a door open of if a pet escapes.*
Please check out the map for restaurant and shopping recommendations. There is a binder in the home with more info and maps and menus. Feel complimentary to call us with any questions or recommendations!
Oh - ALL of our properties are non-smoking inside and out. No exceptions.
*NOTE: ALL OF OUR Vacation Rental By Owner PROPERTIES ARE LEGALLY REGULATED SHORT TERM RENTALS IN THE CITY OF BEAUFORT, SC. WE HAVE BUSINESS LICENSES AND PAY ALL TAXES REQUIRED TO OPERATE THEM. ALL ARE CODE COMPLIANT, AND WE ARE ACCEPTED TO RENT ALL OF THEM FOR A MINIMUM OF 2 NIGHTS. WE ADHERE TO THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY.
**TAX NOTE: Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO COLLECT ALL STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND REMITT THEM DIRECTLY TO THE STATE UNDER THEIR OWN NUMBER. STARTING SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THEY UNILATERALLY STARTED RETAINING THE 11% TAX THAT INCLUDES 5% SALES TAX, 2% STATE ATAX, 1% BEAUFORT COUNTY TRANSPORTATION TAX AND 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX. ON OR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 9, 2019, Vacation Rental By Owner/HOMEAWAY STOPPED COLLECTING THE 3% CITY OF BEAUFORT ATAX AND WITHOUT NOTICE CHANGED THE TAXES TO BE COLLECTED ON ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS TO EXCLUDE THIS TAX. THEY HAVE PUT US IN THE AWKWARD POSITION OF HAVING TO COLLECT AND REMIT THE 3% TAX SEPARATELY. THIS IS WHY YOU WILL BE RECEIVING A PAYMENT REQUEST FOR THE 3% ATAX.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this cottage is in the city center. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include St. Helena's Episcopal Church and John Mark Verdier House. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with horse riding and hiking.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips for getting the perfect Beaufort rental home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- To book the best vacation home for your budget, we suggest booking in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Beaufort, SC area, The sooner you can book, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your vacation home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property managers frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Beaufort, SC area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines have discounts for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Selecting the perfect vacation home in the Beaufort, SC area:
- Start by selecting trip dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Bungalow in the Historic District has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property management company before booking the home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- During arrival, note any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers bothering your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would back home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at departure. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a excellent stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.