- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyUpdated 1948 bungalow in alluring Pigeon Point. 15 mins. to Parris Island. Less than a 2 mile bicycle ride (2 bicycles included) from the heart of downtown Beaufort filled with unique stores, antique galleries, stores, waterfront eateries and the Beaufort Marina. Charleston and Savannah are roughly an hour north and south respectively. Extensive yard, picnic table, lawn chairs and charcoal grille. Tastefully furbished with wood floors in bedrooms and dining area, tile in the bathrooms, laundry, kitchen and living room. Ceiling fans in all rooms. Totally appointed kitchen with dinnerware, silverware, cookware and enormous and modest appliances, except dishwasher. Flatscreen HDTV, in living room, cable, wifi, DVD. Boat launch within 1/4 mile from unit. 1/2 mile from beautiful Pigeon Point Park. New playground equipment and landscaping. If its the beach your looking for the Sands is only 15 mins. away and undeveloped Hunting Island State Park is within 25 mins.! Both dog neighborly.This unit is one of a few Beaufort units licensed by both city and state. Arrival any day of week.
- Many management companies and rental homes provide Beaufort, SC area traveller discount magazines which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Is it possible to move your vacation week? The off-peak seasons frequently offer incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers of the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific types of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and places of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer guests the chance to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover the number of rental homes are available in Beaufort, SC. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Beaufort, SC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Here are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Before you decide to book " KIERNAN KOTTAGE IN PIGEON POINT", review our brief list of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Beaufort, SC rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, SC rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer vacations..
Choose a Village and Time
Oftentimes, the hardest part of planning your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, the rest is easier.
Select a Size
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you should have. Remember that that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for the group. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Budget
Will your favorite rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each person understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Normally, one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Do you want a rental with outside kitchen? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home rate? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a family dog? Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds can be limited. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
Read the entire agreement and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Contact the rental manager right away to report your observations. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to give feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. If not, you have gained valuable experience that can help with another search.