- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- Table tennis table
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Dining room
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Heated pool
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Kick back in your newfound coastal haven. Sundance is a cavernous, four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bath home with a handsome ocean vistas and can comfortably accommodate eight. Guests can choose to get a good nighttime’s sleep in one of the two king-sized beds, the queen, or one of the two twins.
There are two living rooms in the home, one features a TV with a DVD player, a CD player, and plenty of seating. Appreciate cooking in the entirely-equipped kitchen, including both enormous and modest appliances, and dine as a group at the six-person table with additional seating at the counter. A gas grille is also available for your use. There is also a sitting room that offers a T.V. and a well-outfitted bookshelf, as well as a ping pong table in the garage. There is plenty of storage for your beach gear in the two car garage and additional space near the outdoor shower.
Bask in the sun on the roomy wrap-around porch, or take the short walk to the new boardwalk that was just building right across the street and splash in the surf. This home includes complimentary WIFI but is not pet friendly. Please note that there is a max. of 4 cars allowed at this home.
Guest cards are available for purchase. These must be used to access pools, tennis courts, eateries and the two championship golf courses. Guest cards are $50 weekly from Memorial Day through Labor Day and $35 weekly during the rest of the year, due to limited seasonal hours at these facilities. Guest Cards must be arranged with Natural Retreats prior to arrival.
As our gift to you for booking with us, we offer complimentary admission to select Sea Islands and Beaufort attractions. Called the Xplorie Program, our guests will receive one complimentary adult admission ticket, per nighttime stay, to attractions like the Kazoo Factory and a complimentary kayak rental. It’s our way of saying, “Thanks!”
Please note that guests must be at least 21 years of age to rent this property.
Business License: BUSLIC-004392-2022
About the Area
Located in Saint Helena Island, this vacation home is near the beach. Local points of interest include Ocean Point Golf Course, Hunting Island Lighthouse, and Penn Center. Looking to get your feet wet? Kayaking, motor boating and fishing adventures can be found near the property.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Fripp Island rental property booking tips and tricks:
When to book & When to go:
- Summer is high season in Fripp Island. Booking in Spring or Fall is a great way to save money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Property management companies usually offer customers an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, SC area travel guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Beautiful home with ocean views, wifi; amenity access available has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the host before you book your rental. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- Are you visiting for a single event? Try a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or might be applied to your invoice.
Advice for a terrific stay:
- Add the host's contact info to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your visit, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Speak to the property manager immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- On check-out day, complete a walk-through to make sure you did not forget anything. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on great ratings to compel future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.