- As low as $166/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deck or patio
- Ecotours nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Marina nearby
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to the Heyward Cottage! This adorable 2 bedroom bungalow is handsomely decorated, very
comfortable and conveniently located.
Walk or ride your bicycle to historic downtown Beaufort, you will appreciate water vistas of the intracoastal
waterway, and photogenic Antebellum homes along the way. Be sure to leave time for breakfast or
lunch at Herban Market and Café and savor the outdoor seating as you watch the boats pass by.
Also, located within walking or cycling distance is the Spanish Moss trail. Parris Island, Port Royal and
Hunting Beach are just a short car ride away.
There is so much to do and see in Beaufort you may want to add an additional day to your stay. Horse drawn
carriage rides, art galleries, shopping, eateries, beach combing, kayaking and boating. Beaufort is
South Carolina's second oldest city centrally located between Savannah and Charleston, it offers a modest
town feel with an abundance of southern hospitality and appeal.
Reservations are subject to a 3.5% processing fee.
About the Area
Located in Beaufort, this vacation home is in the city center. USCB Center for the Arts and Beaufort Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include St. Helena's Episcopal Church and Beaufort National Cemetery. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Booking the best rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Beaufort, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Look for your local Beaufort, SC visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Choosing the perfect vacation rental in Beaufort:
- Begin by selecting the best vacation week and a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Beaufort Cottage on Heyward - Sleeps 4 has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before reserving the vacation property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to work out what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- Does your group require specific amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or could be applied to your agreement.
Tips for a wonderful stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if damages are assessed.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers disrupting your home life. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on good reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Beaufort National Cemetery - 0.7 miles
- St. Helena's Episcopal Church - 0.7 miles
- Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park - 0.8 miles
- John Mark Verdier House - 0.9 miles
- University of South Carolina at Beaufort - 1.1 miles
- Pigeon Point Park - 1.2 miles
Ready to book Beaufort Cottage on Heyward - Sleeps 4?Book Online Get Information Call: