- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyCome relish this appealing low country hideaway, attending a Marine graduation or easily appreciating a southern hideaway. The Nest is located in the trees above The Proud Mary vrbo #875038. The Nest is just mins. from Historic downtown Beaufort , also just a 20 min. drive to Hunting Island Beach, This loft style apartment has an open sleeping and living area, with a completely supplied kitchen and dining nook, full size bathroom. The king size pillow top bed is ideal for a calming nights sleep. The couch pulls out to a queen size serta sleeper. adore movies on the 32" flat screen tv with netflix and internet connection.Unwind with a cool drink on your porch and listen to the feathered friends sing, take a walk to neighborhood stores and eateries or bicycle the striking Spanish Moss trail on the two seated bicycle supplied , fish or crab from the Port Royal Pier , put your boat in and experience the low country from the water or easily sit and soak up the sun at Sands beach all this and more in the appealing oceanside town of Port Royal. Ya'll come now! P.S. Sorry to say no children (under 12)or dogs and cats .Thank you so much for your intrest in The Nest.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with savings for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your trip week? Shoulder seasons offer impressive prices.
- Many rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning vacationers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of visitors. Event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. You'll get the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer clients the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Information
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical knowledge to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Beaufort, SC vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be happy to learn that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you believe " Discounted Rates! 2 miles to Parris Island, walking distance to Sands Beach" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many popular destinations, In Beaufort, SC the best rental homes are booked very early. To guarantee the greatest choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and booking your Beaufort, SC getaway 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Town and Time
Quite often, the toughest portion of organizing your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest is easier.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Try to remember that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your favorite rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly rental home. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Do you want a vacation property with outdoor dining area? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
In some cases the senior generation has problems with staircases. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group traveling with a dog? Although quite a few vacation homes allow animals, rules and charges vary per property. Type of animal, size and breeds could be controlled. Study your agreement carefully! Fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match clients with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, SC local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Your best chance of a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read Through The Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage right after you arrive. We also suggest immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any repairs. This will protect against disputes during check out.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please be considerate of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of suggestions.
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. If it is possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Virtually all rental property sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully everything ended up being ideal and you're happy to reserve the rental home for next year. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.